Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default On This Day.......1975 Wake Forest Uni, Winston Salem

Dont know if anyone has done this but I thought it would be a nice idea to have an on this day thread. Wrists slapped if I am repeating anything.

After the recent tour - or the upcoming tour if you are in the Southern Hemsiphere! perhaps it would be interesting to extend the moment by a little reminder of on this day concert memories on any tour. Did anyone get to the November 20th 1975 winston Salem concert? I tried to find a review but couldn't. Maybe somebody has some photos??

so... on this day in 1975:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b...b784fef9ed9be3
Old 11-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
Did anyone get to the November 20th 1975 winston Salem concert?
I know someone who went to the November 20, 1975, Yale Coliseum concert in New Haven CT. He still has his ticket stub.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great idea for a thread! Keep 'em coming!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On this day I was 13 years old and still unaware of who Stevie Nicks was and what effect she was gonna have on my life.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:39 AM
joe

Too bad this thread wasn't started 2 weeks ago. I was going to post a 30th anniverary thread for the Tusk St Louis show that was filmed for the documentary. Actually, both the 5th and 6th were filmed and I believe the majority of the footage in the film is from the 6th except for Angel and Not that Funny.

So, "on this date" and happy belated 30th anniversary Tusk Documentary concert footage!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Too bad this thread wasn't started 2 weeks ago. I was going to post a 30th anniverary thread for the Tusk St Louis show that was filmed for the documentary. Actually, both the 5th and 6th were filmed and I believe the majority of the footage in the film is from the 6th except for Angel and Not that Funny.
Joe, I don't know which night all that stuff came from, but I'm sure glad you're back here posting.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-22-2009, 12:45 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Joe, I don't know which night all that stuff came from, but I'm sure glad you're back here posting.
Thanks, David. It's good to be back. Have been lurking around here but haven't posted in a while. Yikes, I sound like some kind of psycho stalker or something!

I'm sure I'll lose most of you at this point but in case any of you have obsessed over the concert footage from the Tusk Doc as much as I have for years and years....After getting the soundboard for the 11/6 show, it was fairly easy to figure out what night each of the songs were used in the final film. One thing I noticed was they used the video of The Chain from the 6th but used the audio from the 5th. Stevie's bun was also noticeably smaller on the 5th. I only knew this after getting a video boot of something and in it was an alternate version of "The Chain" - completely different angles and editing including a close up shot of Stevie that starts out with her face and then the camera circles around her. An odd shot from the film as I don't see this anywhere else. Anyway, I remember thinking to myself that Stevie's huge onion head was now a mere head of garlic on the the 5th. She seemed to alternate between the big bun and smaller bun during the early parts of the tour.

If you listen to the audio from the doc version, Stevie flubs the "run in the shadows, damn your love" line and in the video boot I have the camera was right on her when she while she was flubbing. The 6th performance from the soundboard is different - no flub (although I recall that maybe she was a few seconds late starting that line). I also noticed was a sync issue during the "uh huh" line after the first chorus from Stevie. Stevie cuts away from the mic a bit short while the "uh huh" is still heard. Lord, I think I have too much time on my hands!!!

I messed around with Final Cut and synched up the audio from the soundboard and the doc video part and it matches perfectly. See, I have been a video editing nerd as long as I could remember and always pick up on these sort of things.

I also noticed during "Sara" that some of the video they used were from other parts of the song that were cut. During the part before the "Drowning in the sea of love" where Stevie is walking away from the mic and heading toward Mick and then walking backward to the mic again is actually the video from the part before "Hold on the night is coming..." And the shot of Lindsey and Chris during the "but if you build your house" is actually them while they were singing "Sara." You can tell Christine is actually singing or saying something and I always wondered what was going on there. Again, for hahas, I synced these parts up and they completely match.

One of these days I want to make my own remastered Tusk Documentary with the real audio from the soundboard where it doesn't have all that annoying audience filler.

That boot I have also has video of Stevie back in her Rhiannon outfit at the end of the concert "This is some band, don't you think? Good night you guys"
Not sure what night that's from lol.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Thanks, David. It's good to be back. Have been lurking around here but haven't posted in a while. Yikes, I sound like some kind of psycho stalker or something!

I'm sure I'll lose most of you at this point but in case any of you have obsessed over the concert footage from the Tusk Doc as much as I have for years and years....After getting the soundboard for the 11/6 show, it was fairly easy to figure out what night each of the songs were used in the final film. One thing I noticed was they used the video of The Chain from the 6th but used the audio from the 5th. Stevie's bun was also noticeably smaller on the 5th. I only knew this after getting a video boot of something and in it was an alternate version of "The Chain" - completely different angles and editing including a close up shot of Stevie that starts out with her face and then the camera circles around her. An odd shot from the film as I don't see this anywhere else. Anyway, I remember thinking to myself that Stevie's huge onion head was now a mere head of garlic on the the 5th. She seemed to alternate between the big bun and smaller bun during the early parts of the tour.

If you listen to the audio from the doc version, Stevie flubs the "run in the shadows, damn your love" line and in the video boot I have the camera was right on her when she while she was flubbing. The 6th performance from the soundboard is different - no flub (although I recall that maybe she was a few seconds late starting that line). I also noticed was a sync issue during the "uh huh" line after the first chorus from Stevie. Stevie cuts away from the mic a bit short while the "uh huh" is still heard. Lord, I think I have too much time on my hands!!!

I messed around with Final Cut and synched up the audio from the soundboard and the doc video part and it matches perfectly. See, I have been a video editing nerd as long as I could remember and always pick up on these sort of things.

I also noticed during "Sara" that some of the video they used were from other parts of the song that were cut. During the part before the "Drowning in the sea of love" where Stevie is walking away from the mic and heading toward Mick and then walking backward to the mic again is actually the video from the part before "Hold on the night is coming..." And the shot of Lindsey and Chris during the "but if you build your house" is actually them while they were singing "Sara." You can tell Christine is actually singing or saying something and I always wondered what was going on there. Again, for hahas, I synced these parts up and they completely match.

One of these days I want to make my own remastered Tusk Documentary with the real audio from the soundboard where it doesn't have all that annoying audience filler.

That boot I have also has video of Stevie back in her Rhiannon outfit at the end of the concert "This is some band, don't you think? Good night you guys"
Not sure what night that's from lol.
Okay. I'm impressed!

I just watched this doc last night, I'll have to go back and look for these parts again.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was this their first concert all together?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan View Post
Was this their first concert all together?
No. That was in El Paso, Texas.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
No. That was in El Paso, Texas.
Oh I see, well do we have anything from that date or surrounding dates?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan View Post
Oh I see, well do we have anything from that date or surrounding dates?
You'll have to ask David.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

May 15th 1975 and Stevie went to Loretto Academy in El Paso ?
Old 11-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
Dont know if anyone has done this but I thought it would be a nice idea to have an on this day thread. Wrists slapped if I am repeating anything.

After the recent tour - or the upcoming tour if you are in the Southern Hemsiphere! perhaps it would be interesting to extend the moment by a little reminder of on this day concert memories on any tour. Did anyone get to the November 20th 1975 winston Salem concert? I tried to find a review but couldn't. Maybe somebody has some photos??

so... on this day in 1975:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b...b784fef9ed9be3
Not so much a slapped wrist as a big kiss from me. Thanks so much, I didn't have this!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherliar View Post
Not so much a slapped wrist as a big kiss from me. Thanks so much, I didn't have this!
Then I'm Happy that your happy. I noticed that throughout the forums that there are always new listeners and fans of the band and they maybe dont have all of the material that there is available. My niece is quite a fan too.