Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Presale Today

Is there any way to get a sense on how it’s going? I already got 3 emails from ticketmaster today. When I looked at the show at MSG out of curiosity, I noticed the upper tier, furthest seats away from stage, it says tix not available. I know for OWTS they were. Wondering if it’s by design to hold these back or intentional on the part of band mgt
Old 04-30-2018, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw cities today where those seats were available. Pre-sales are generally designed to buy the best seats available. But the prices for this tour might be sending people to upper tiers or back of arena.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The prices are astounding. $1,300 for the front. $700 for the M&G. Mick has absolutely no shame.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The prices are astounding. $1,300 for the front. $700 for the M&G. Mick has absolutely no shame.
Highest prices offered are 299. Anything above that is resale. (for regular tickets)
If it makes you feel any better, other bands do the meet and greet - Tom Petty did it for years. I think it's cheesy and I go for the music - not for the celebrity.

It's not Mick who decides the ticket prices - it's Live Nation, the venues, the insurance companies, the band management, the management for each musician, the agents, the production staff, and on down the line.
But I think it makes people feel better to be able to target one individual. It's the industry in general - and the cost of living in 2018.
To blame Mick would be the same as blaming Springsteen for charging the crazy prices for his NYC broadway theater run. He's up against the theater unions who won't budge on ticket prices. And it's very similar for Fleetwood Mac -- or any big name act that tours from arena to arena.

I haven't seen any decent tickets below $299. All the reasonably priced tickets are upper sections and nosebleed. (at least for the LA shows). They sold a lot for the Amex presale today.
If the first day of presale is any indication for the rest of the tour, there is huge demand to see Mike Campbell play with Fleetwood Mac.

I can't decide if I want to shell out that kind of money for what is likely the last Fleetwood Mac tour; or settle for crappy seats and feel detached from the show and watch as a quiet observer with mediocre sound...
Old 04-30-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Somebody help me now! After being disgusted and outraged with this band's decision to fire Buckingham, I'm actually fighting back the urge to pull out my American Express Gold card to shell out $600 for two seats to this clown outfit.

God save me! I may be showing my face at this garage sale!

#SaveLindsey #WhoAreYouPeople
Old 04-30-2018, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Somebody help me now! After being disgusted and outraged with this band's decision to fire Buckingham, I'm actually fighting back the urge to pull out my American Express Gold card to shell out $600 for two seats to this clown outfit.

God save me! I may be showing my face at this garage sale!

#SaveLindsey #WhoAreYouPeople
just say no!

save your money.

plus, amex presales are almost always crap. way better seats show up on drops closer to the show. and VIP / plats that don't sell lower the prices like 10 days before the show.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-30-2018, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
$700 for the M&G. Mick has absolutely no shame.
Almost everyone I knew who did the M&G last time did it for the guaranteed ticket; meeting Mick was a boon, an incentive to pay more for the ticket, but not the sole reason to pay the money.

I seriously doubt the same number of people will pay $700 to meet him when they will not get a ticket in the bargain. In fact, I think Mr. Fleetwood may be in for a very rude awakening when he sees the number of people at his VIP events this tour.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
just say no!

save your money.

plus, amex presales are almost always crap. way better seats show up on drops closer to the show. and VIP / plats that don't sell lower the prices like 10 days before the show.
Thanks ELLE--you really know who to hold a gal back from the edge of insanity. I've just put the AMEX back inside my fringed carpet bag purse.

Should I feel that cash demon possess me again, remind me that I won't hear to comforting strains of "Never Going Back Again" and "Eyes of the World". Warn me that, although my love for The High Priestess is eternal, the magic will be gone.

ELLE, you are my rock throughout this battle.

#WhoAreYouPeople #Judas #ClownOutfit
Old 04-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Highest prices offered are 299. Anything above that is resale. (for regular tickets)
If it makes you feel any better, other bands do the meet and greet - Tom Petty did it for years. I think it's cheesy and I go for the music - not for the celebrity.

It's not Mick who decides the ticket prices - it's Live Nation, the venues, the insurance companies, the band management, the management for each musician, the agents, the production staff, and on down the line.
But I think it makes people feel better to be able to target one individual. It's the industry in general - and the cost of living in 2018.
To blame Mick would be the same as blaming Springsteen for charging the crazy prices for his NYC broadway theater run. He's up against the theater unions who won't budge on ticket prices. And it's very similar for Fleetwood Mac -- or any big name act that tours from arena to arena.

I haven't seen any decent tickets below $299. All the reasonably priced tickets are upper sections and nosebleed. (at least for the LA shows). They sold a lot for the Amex presale today.
If the first day of presale is any indication for the rest of the tour, there is huge demand to see Mike Campbell play with Fleetwood Mac.

I can't decide if I want to shell out that kind of money for what is likely the last Fleetwood Mac tour; or settle for crappy seats and feel detached from the show and watch as a quiet observer with mediocre sound...
I'm not sure what you're talking about.... 60% of the tickets offered are FAR above 299.
I'm literally staring at the ticket page screen for one of the Forum shows and the front is well over 1,000. The MIDDLE averages at about 500. Only the most nosebleeds are affordable.
And considering that Mick is the one who does M&G, I do blame him.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Almost everyone I knew who did the M&G last time did it for the guaranteed ticket; meeting Mick was a boon, an incentive to pay more for the ticket, but not the sole reason to pay the money.

I seriously doubt the same number of people will pay $700 to meet him when they will not get a ticket in the bargain. In fact, I think Mr. Fleetwood may be in for a very rude awakening when he sees the number of people at his VIP events this tour.
It's just insane. These prices are higher than the last tour, which was already ridiculously priced. You expect people to pay even more WITHOUT 90% of your stage energy?
Old 04-30-2018, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're talking about.... 60% of the tickets offered are FAR above 299.
I'm literally staring at the ticket page screen for one of the Forum shows and the front is well over 1,000. The MIDDLE averages at about 500. Only the most nosebleeds are affordable.
And considering that Mick is the one who does M&G, I do blame him.
Those are all verified resale tickets. They were purchased for face value $299 and people are re-selling them for whatever they think the market will bear.

If you're looking at tickets through the map, those are seats that have already been sold and are put back up for sale.
I think the face value for the Forum shows start at 69 and go up to 299.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those are all verified resale tickets. They were purchased for face value $299 and people are re-selling them for whatever they think the market will bear.

If you're looking at tickets through the map, those are seats that have already been sold and are put back up for sale.
i don't know what you are looking at. they are in red?

i checked DC and Baltimore and regular ticket prices for back of the floor ar $249 plus fees, which means over $300. row O on the floor in DC is platinum, $525 plus fees (so i guess 600+). lower bawl the same plats.

multiple people have posted that front row VIP or whatever tix are around $1000 plus fees, depending on the venue. these are all regular ticket prices - but note these are platinums, so if they don't sell they'll lower the price.

no resales yet.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

The "verified" high priced ones you are seeing on TM now are not "resale" tickets. They are what TM euphemistically calls "Official Platinum." TM is helping the artist and/or "event provider" scalp their own tickets. Here is how they explain it:

What are Official Platinum Seats?

Official Platinum Seats are premium tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and event providers through Ticketmaster. They give fans fair and safe access to some of the best seats in the house.

Are Official Platinum Seats resale tickets?

No. Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster's Official Platinum Seats program enables market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value.

What is the Current Price per ticket?

The price you pay is the original price of the ticket. Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster on behalf of the artist or event provider.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/platin...851.1524739879

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-30-2018 at 11:40 PM..
Old 05-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Didn't know where to post this...

I'm on the Tom Petty email list and got an email today advertising FM's tour... oh my...

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 05-01-2018, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
The "verified" high priced ones you are seeing on TM now are not "resale" tickets. They are what TM euphemistically calls "Official Platinum." TM is helping the artist and/or "event provider" scalp their own tickets. Here is how they explain it:

What are Official Platinum Seats?

Official Platinum Seats are premium tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and event providers through Ticketmaster. They give fans fair and safe access to some of the best seats in the house.

Are Official Platinum Seats resale tickets?

No. Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster's Official Platinum Seats program enables market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value.

What is the Current Price per ticket?

The price you pay is the original price of the ticket. Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster on behalf of the artist or event provider.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/platin...851.1524739879
That's the biggest load of SH*T that I've ever read. No wonder the ENTIRE WORLD hates Ticketbastard. It equals the bands saying, "we LOVE our rich fans, and f*ck the poor ones".