User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don’t think it’s a matter of fans’ sanity, I think the Stevie-Lindsey drama became the primary storyline used to market the band since it was clear Christine was done at the conclusion of the project. Otherwise, THIS picture wouldn’t have been one of the primary images used to market “The Dance.”

But the way they(those fans) lap that sh*t up makes me want to vomit! On the fans who lap, AND Stevie and Lindsey as well! Stop acting like IDIOTS!
Old 02-19-2018, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE
I think Lindsey didn’t dig it, but played along for the sake of the band, at least until Christine came back.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, I always see it as Lindsey laying on the over the top affection....kissing her hands and head, rubbing her back, Eskimo kisses, saying I love yous....the lot. Its seldom Stevie being 'sloppy datey'. That's what sets the shippers off, as he's the married one so it doesn't make sense why he is so much more intimate than her?
Old 02-19-2018, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But the way they(those fans) lap that sh*t up makes me want to vomit! On the fans who lap, AND Stevie and Lindsey as well! Stop acting like IDIOTS!
Oh, I agree. Just saying that I can’t totally blame people for buying into something they were actively selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I disagree, I always see it as Lindsey laying on the over the top affection....kissing her hands and head, rubbing her back, Eskimo kisses, saying I love yous....the lot. Its seldom Stevie being 'sloppy datey'. That's what sets the shippers off, as he's the married one so it doesn't make sense why he is so much more intimate than her?
Maybe in 1997, but not so much on the 2009 and 2013 tours. He seemed to be begrudgingly playing along, at least to me. Notice how he’s been kind of quiet about Stevie since Christine came back.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-19-2018, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Maybe in 1997, but not so much on the 2009 and 2013 tours. He seemed to be begrudgingly playing along, at least to me. Notice how he’s been kind of quiet about Stevie since Christine came back.
Did you see any footage of the 2015 Australian and NZ tour particularly during Landslide and Sara....Lindsey was a horny teenager!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I don’t think it’s a matter of fans’ sanity, I think the Stevie-Lindsey drama became the primary storyline used to market the band since it was clear Christine was done at the conclusion of the project. Otherwise, THIS picture wouldn’t have been one of the primary images used to market “The Dance.”

I think Lindsey didn’t dig it, but played along for the sake of the band, at least until Christine came back.
It's an interesting point because you had a few fans that were absolutely enraged when Christine came back. And felt she completely ruined SNL relationship.

The marketing worked. I would read hate posts on a B/N page about Christine. It was quite hilarious.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did you see any footage of the 2015 Australian and NZ tour particularly during Landslide and Sara....Lindsey was a horny teenager!
He bit her shoulder on the 2013 Nashville concert and Stevie didn't even blink. On the 2015 NZ concert (the last of the tour) their goodbye after the last song was out of a love movie.

I don't think Lindsey was playing along.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's an interesting point because you had a few fans that were absolutely enraged when Christine came back. And felt she completely ruined SNL relationship.

The marketing worked. I would read hate posts on a B/N page about Christine. It was quite hilarious.
Yes, and I remember at that time some turd posted a YouTube video claiming Christine was a 70 year old transvestite who wormed her way back into the band and brought it down.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
doesn't he often behave like a horny teenager though? i mean, big love grunts? guitarbation? ISA solo faces and poses? Come performances (and lyrics including the title in the first place!)?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-19-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
doesn't he often behave like a horny teenager though? i mean, big love grunts? guitarbation? ISA solo faces and poses? Come performances (and lyrics including the title in the first place!)?

Ha! I agree.... He is very 'highly sexed' isn't he?!
Old 02-19-2018, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ha! I agree.... He is very 'highly sexed' isn't he?!
Lucky Mrs Buckingham...
Old 02-19-2018, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I love this picture. It's very sweet.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I'm bumping this because it's fascinating to watch this again knowing all we know now. This is the night of Musicares, and when asked what the band will be doing next, Stevie stumbles ever so slightly and then says she doesn't know. That she's going off to Hawaii for 2 months because she's tired, she's just done 70 shows on her solo tour and she doesn't know what the band will be doing but they're all "free" going forward.

Now square this with the post-firing of Lindsey where they insist they had the tour all set and ready to go.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm bumping this because it's fascinating to watch this again knowing all we know now. This is the night of Musicares, and when asked what the band will be doing next, Stevie stumbles ever so slightly and then says she doesn't know. That she's going off to Hawaii for 2 months because she's tired, she's just done 70 shows on her solo tour and she doesn't know what the band will be doing but they're all "free" going forward.

Now square this with the post-firing of Lindsey where they insist they had the tour all set and ready to go.
Question....Was the Eagles track "Lyin' eyes" written about Stevie by any chance....?
Old 08-26-2018, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stumble stumble stumble, "uhhhhh, what do I say?"

Very interesting now in retrospect.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

True this interview in hindsight is hilarious and adds to the the band is lying story, which people seem to care way too much about.

He Will Burn You Down