The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry guys...I don't want to offend anyone at all! im not a crude person...

I just have to call it like I know it to be...

perhaps a better way to phrase it would be "pro-choice"...

but murder it still is...call it what you'd like!

I think its odd how those who are Against abortion are called "Anti-choice" like it is a "negative thing" yet those who are "Pro-choice" are given that "pro" positive spin on things...hmmm

anyways...don't want to offend you guys...sorry if i did...forgive me
Old 01-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Yes, and the liberal agenda would suite this country much better

"eat, drink, and murder the unborn"...the slogan of every liberal!
Classy!

Old 01-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry guys...I don't want to offend anyone at all! im not a crude person...

I just have to call it like I know it to be...

perhaps a better way to phrase it would be "pro-choice"...

I think its odd how those who are Against abortion are called "Anti-choice" like it is a "negative thing" yet those who are "Pro-choice" are given that "pro" positive spin on things...hmmm

anyways...don't want to offend you guys...sorry if i did...forgive me
I've never heard them referred to as "anti-choice." They're called pro-life.

And, since you're conservative, do you support capital punishment? Did you support the war in Iraq? If your answer is yes to one or both of those questions, you're just as much a "murderer" as us crazy liberals.

Old 01-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Exactly what truth are you talking about, dear? Ann Coulter has said:

-Women should not be allowed to vote.
-There should be a poll tax for voting.
-Children under 18 should be flogged publicly if they commit crimes.
-We should invade Muslim countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity.
-Joe McCarthy is one of the greatest men in our country's history.

Shall I go on? Call it what you will and it may be your "truth," but the truth it most certainly isn't. It's a load of sensationalistic bull**** that is spouted off to get people fired up, get them talking, and get them to buy your book to see what ridiculous crap you're going to say next. Gimme a break, dear.
I have no problem with what Ann says...especially about invading their countries and converting them! In an interview if asked if she had any regrets after saying that...she simply replied..."Yes...I didn't say it loud enough"... And I am ALL for a poll tax!

Alot of Ann's quotes are taken out of context...if you would actually READ HER stuff...instead of off something as pathetic as Air America (btw...is that still on?) or some other liberal garbage place, you would actually read it in context!
Old 01-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly what truth are you talking about, dear? Ann Coulter has said:

-Women should not be allowed to vote.
-There should be a poll tax for voting.
-Children under 18 should be flogged publicly if they commit crimes.
-We should invade Muslim countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity.
-Joe McCarthy is one of the greatest men in our country's history.

Shall I go on? Call it what you will and it may be your "truth," but the truth it most certainly isn't. It's a load of sensationalistic bull**** that is spouted off to get people fired up, get them talking, and get them to buy your book to see what ridiculous crap you're going to say next. Gimme a break, dear.
Exactly. And in addition to that, you calling someone who hates gay people a hero of yours doesn't sit well with at least on gay person on this board (moi) and I assume not all the others as well.

Quote:
I don't see how the subject can possibly be viewed in such a simple way.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've never heard them referred to as "anti-choice." They're called pro-life.

And, since you're conservative, do you support capital punishment? Did you support the war in Iraq? If your answer is yes to one or both of those questions, you're just as much a "murderer" as us crazy liberals.
I support War in Iraq...murder and self defense are to different things...someone who is attacking you...and you kill them...its not murder...

a helpless baby in a mothers womb...who gets its brains sucked out as it actually screams in agony...THATS murder.

And I have mixed feelings about Capitol punishment!
Old 01-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm very much against the Iraq war, despite dissention's weird preeption of my preceptions And VER VERY much for the death penalty. I personally think the new form of Death Penalty for real serious murderers should be a bear pit, where they get ripped to shrerads by hungry ferocious bears. And then there's abortion, shouldn't be a legal thing, but is neccasary in extreme cases but overall wrong.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have no problem with what Ann says...especially about invading their countries and converting them! In an interview if asked if she had any regrets after saying that...she simply replied..."Yes...I didn't say it loud enough"...
Well, that says quite a lot, doesn't it? And I won't hesitate to say that that is simply horrible. Offensive? Uh, yeah, I would think so. Please don't start telling all of us that there is only one truth and we should all accept it.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have no problem with what Ann says...especially about invading their countries and converting them! In an interview if asked if she had any regrets after saying that...she simply replied..."Yes...I didn't say it loud enough"... And I am ALL for a poll tax!

Alot of Ann's quotes are taken out of context...if you would actually READ HER stuff...instead of off of Air America (btw...is that still on?) you would actually read it in context!
You poor deluded creature.

If you agree with her about killing Muslim leaders, invading their countries, and converting them to Christianity, I question your empathy and your knowledge about the world we live in. It was an offensive, ridiculous comment and if you can't see that, you're beyond help.

I've read three of Ann Coulter's "books" and every one of them is filled with lies and half-truths. They are what they are: fiction. You can tell me how she's taken out of context, but I've heard it all before from Ann herself and it's always bull****. Spin if you must, though. Just last spring she went on O'Reilly and said the war was going "magnificently well." If you take that as the truth, you're just as sadly misinformed as she is.

And, yes, Air America is still on. It's doing fabulously in the ratings for a first year radio network, too.

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I support War in Iraq...murder and self defense are to different things...someone who is attacking you...and you kill them...its not murder...

a helpless baby in a mothers womb...who gets its brains sucked out as it actually screams in agony...THATS murder.

And I have mixed feelings about Capitol punishment!
Iraq was not attacking us.

He Will Burn You Down
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Exactly. And in addition to that, you calling someone who hates gay people a hero of yours doesn't sit well with at least on gay person on this board (moi) and I assume not all the others as well.

I don't see how the subject can possibly be viewed in such a simple way.
She dosen't HATE gay people! I don't either!

Liberals are the ones who don't care for gay people...they use them as leverage to win elections (as well as race baiting).

Conservatives just don't want gay people to get married...we don't HATE you!

I don't want to offend you...just because I don't agree with a persons life style...dosen't mean I can't get along with them and be their friend! Sorry...don't want to offend you

Last edited by Brwn_eyes0511; 01-16-2005 at 10:29 PM..
Old 01-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

When did Iraq attack us under this administration?
Old 01-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Liberals are the ones who HATE gay people...they use them as leverage to win elections (as well as race baiting).

I don't want to offend you...just because I don't agree with a persons life style...dosen't mean I can't get along with them and be their friend! Sorry...don't want to offend you
I tend to believe gay people single handidly won Bush the election, so it's the complete oppositte.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh my. Did Iraq ever attack us? No. Just exactly why did the UN refuse to authorize war? Go read Article 2-4 of the UN Charter along with Article 51 and Chapter 7 and get back to me. Here's a hint: it wasn't self defense. Bonus points if you could tell me what Daniel Webster's definition of self defense is!

Quote:
That's utter bull**** and you know it. Present the truth and not fantasy tales and then we can continue this conversation liked informed adults.

Old 01-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Liberals are the ones who HATE gay people...they use them as leverage to win elections (as well as race baiting).

Sorry, but I don't see how liberals hate gay people. I'm a liberal and gay, so that doesn't quite work. Also, not letting us get married is definitely a form of hatred--many Republicans seem to think that marriage is exclusively for heterosexuals. That's called discrimination. And homosexuality is not a lifestyle, just as heterosexuality is not. They are equal in every way. These are things I've been explaining nearly all of my life and I'm quite the broken record. And please don't tell me Ann Coulter doesn't hate gay people. PLEASE. I read her section about gays in her latest book and she doesn't even care if a guy or girl gets to see his or her dying partner in the hospital or not. She truly doesn't give a **** about it.