User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
If I cared what you thought of me, I would have left this alone a long time ago. I just find the hypocrisy entertaining.
I really have little opinion of you. You're here. You get all upset and throw a hissy fit, ON A REGULAR BASIS, and tell us that you're never coming back. A week later... the same thing. Lather, rinse, repeat. We get it.

It is what it is. I find THAT entertaining.

Have a lovely day.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
All I can say is that I can totally see them coverting after a Rumours recording session with the guys in the other house and making some kind of pact that they would never let being the girls in the band hinder their success or be used as a reason to be treated differently by others. I can so see Christine doing that. I think this is documented in a few interviews even way back in the day.
Christine never needed Stevie's help to stand up for herself or realize her worth among musicians.

she has been very clear about that when directly asked about it - saying that she has no idea what Stevie was talking about.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Christine never needed Stevie's help to stand up for herself or realize her worth among musicians.

she has been very clear about that when directly asked about it - saying that she has no idea what Stevie was talking about.
Now that CAN'T be true! Stevie is everything!
Old 02-10-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:

Agreed, I've ever only heard Stevie say this. Christine was in the business by herself as the lone female back in the Chicken Shack, Shades, and early FMac days. . She was one of the guys and one tough cookie. I don't think people messed with her in that regard.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Do you honestly think Christine ever felt the need to make such a pact? Do you think Christine ever had to worry about not partying with the boys? Do you really think Christine lost a single night’s sleep ever worrying that Mick might be paying her less than Bob Welch or Lindsey Buckingham? Also, Christine was still in a legal battle over who owned the band’s name, so I’m sure she was especially sensitive about getting screwed over. Not that she had anything to worry about with Fleetwood Mac, since Mick was like a brother and she was still married to John.

The only reason Stevie made those pacts was because she was completely out of her league, and the pacts gave her some sense of security.
This! Christine was always a Queen among the boys. And she didn't need to do anything! The pact. What pact? I think at this point in her career/life Christine doesn't want to spend her energy contradicting Stevie anymore. She just rolls her eyes and grabs her bat for GYOW.

Quote:
Stevie fans can dish it out with the best of them. I remember Stevie fans bashing the hell out of Bekka Bramlett in 1995. I also remember when “Twisted” was announced how Stevie fans said things like bringing in Lindsey was her revenge on Mick for not letting her use Silver Springs (obviously before it was learned Mick played drums on it). Point being that those of us who’ve been part of the Fleetwood Mac online community for over twenty years have seen ugliness from all factions.
Too bad I wasn't around that time. Some fans make a fuss about everything. But Stevie's fans are particularly over sensitive and over protective of their Queen. Maybe it's because she's constantly telling them how much each of them means to her. Awwww, why can't Christine do that?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 02-10-2018 at 04:21 PM..
Old 02-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Too bad I wasn't around that time. Some fans make a fuss about everything.
i know right? i read old threads here on TL, and even in LB forum for example there was always so much unnecessary spitting on him, in bunch of threads where i'd check for some particular info. if i was here i would have loved to jump into some discussions with TL people at the time!

what i love the best is when people clearly dislike a single band member, or clearly prefer a single band member, but claim how they love love love all of them as an excuse to be taken seriously in their dumping on whoever they don't like.

pendulum swings, and in this day and age with all the connections on social media we probably have more info than we ever did before so we don't need to solely rely on bs publicly told by band members. especially when we know they all go back and forth with what they say, to suit a particular narrative they are pushing at the time.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-10-2018, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Please, please, please, pretty please, link me to any article where this was revealed. I totally believe you but I want to see it for myself. Especially since I never believed Stevie’s story anyway.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Please, please, please, pretty please, link me to any article where this was revealed. I totally believe you but I want to see it for myself. Especially since I never believed Stevie’s story anyway.
i'll try to search for it. it's a bit hard since Christine gave so many interviews last year for BuckVie. i'm pretty sure it's somewhere on here (TL) too, just when you search with something like Christine pact musician etc. too many entries come up.

i think it was Christine-only interview, towards the end of last year or maybe even beginning of this one. she was asked about the "pact" and said she didn't know what Stevie was talking about, that she was a musician and that she was always respected and treated equally among her peers. but that maybe Stevie was referring to her own ever-present push/pull with Lindsey, because other than their fights she doesn't really remember Stevie ever having to fight to get equal treatment either, at least not in their band. or something like that. does that ring a bell?

Old 02-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
what i love the best is when people clearly dislike a single band member, or clearly prefer a single band member, but claim how they love love love all of them as an excuse to be taken seriously in their dumping on whoever they don't like.
Haha! I can name quite a few!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine was in the business by herself as the lone female back in the Chicken Shack, Shades, and early FMac days. . She was one of the guys and one tough cookie.
Absolutely. Christine was a real, honest-to-goodness rock 'n' roll pioneer, as the only woman who sang, wrote her own songs, and played an instrument in a mixed-gender band during those years. It has always baffled me that she doesn't get more recognition for this pioneering role.

As you say, as a person, Chris was (is) one tough cookie, and my impression is that in these early bands she was treated by the guys in the band as a musical equal. I think she always knew how to stand up for herself.

By the way, thank you for mentioning Shades of Blue, her pre-Chicken Shack band. Do any recordings exist of that band?
Old 02-11-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Absolutely. Christine was a real, honest-to-goodness rock 'n' roll pioneer, as the only woman who sang, wrote her own songs, and played an instrument in a mixed-gender band during those years. It has always baffled me that she doesn't get more recognition for this pioneering role.

As you say, as a person, Chris was (is) one tough cookie, and my impression is that in these early bands she was treated by the guys in the band as a musical equal. I think she always knew how to stand up for herself.

By the way, thank you for mentioning Shades of Blue, her pre-Chicken Shack band. Do any recordings exist of that band?
I'm not sure about Shades of Blue releases. I think that was the band that got her out of window dressing.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure about Shades of Blue releases. I think that was the band that got her out of window dressing.
Thank goodness for that! I don't suppose there are any real releases from that short-lived band, but I was thinking somebody's mother may have taped one of their performances, or something along those lines.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Thank goodness for that! I don't suppose there are any real releases from that short-lived band, but I was thinking somebody's mother may have taped one of their performances, or something along those lines.
That would be amazing to hear. I think she played bass in that band.

We know should could play strings because of her father and a recent interview where she said the family would sit around on XMAS and play together.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The band was called Sounds of Blue, which I'm proud to say was based in my home town (although before my time) of Stourbridge.

There's a little bit of information here:

http://www.brumbeat.net/chickens.htm

I've often thought about researching this a bit more.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
The band was called Sounds of Blue, which I'm proud to say was based in my home town (although before my time) of Stourbridge.

There's a little bit of information here:

http://www.brumbeat.net/chickens.htm

I've often thought about researching this a bit more.
Sounds of Blue! I knew something seemed off. I would love to hear recordings.