Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You got that right! But they probably can't run very fast I their platform boots!
Only if it's summer.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You got that right! But they probably can't run very fast I their platform boots!
It's posts like this that just stir the pot. And it's like you think they're funny. "Oh, she farts fairy dust lol." But it's not funny. It seems actually fairly unoriginal to me.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It's posts like this that just stir the pot. And it's like you think they're funny. "Oh, she farts fairy dust lol." But it's not funny. It seems actually fairly unoriginal to me.
Who asked you?

Have a nice day.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Homer and I being chased by a Night of 1000 Stevies is hilarious.
Especially if it's summer in their boots, which they wear all summer long.

Original and funny. C'mon, you know you cracked a smile.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. Everyone needs to stop being critical of Stevie, pointing out her flaws!

She is a goddess, and farts fairy dust!

If you can't handle an opinion other than your own(and that's my own personal definition of snowflake,btw),you should probably stay off the internets!
So you've never posted anything that was only intended to provoke others? That's what I was asking.
It's all just good natured humour

I have no problem with almost every opinion on here, whether I agree with them on not, so your idea about me is completely incorrect.

I'm highlighting that there are occasional few comments that seem to step over the line of what is acceptable according to the rules of the board. It's actually nothing to do with Stevie, or not wanting to hear criticism of her. It's about this place being ok for everyone, not just you.

I have a feeling we're not going to come to any agreement here. I'm just using my freedom of speech on here, which I thought you would appreciate, given how much you value yours.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I am as well, and actually don't recall ever using that term in writing. So my only excuse is that when spoken (at least around here) that it's pronounced "vis uh versa", not vise versa. But I may be surrounded by hillbillies...
It actually makes sense that you don't know it because it's Latin, and as such the "ce" in "vice" is pronounced as the "che" in "cheddar".
Otherwise I wouldn't have pointed it out because I'm not a native english speaker and it doesn't feel right to me to correct a native speaker in his or her native language without checking first (but I have to say that I see a lot of native speakers that don't know the right use of the pronoun "its")
Old 04-18-2017, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
It actually makes sense that you don't know it because it's Latin, and as such the "ce" in "vice" is pronounced as the "che" in "cheddar".
Otherwise I wouldn't have pointed it out because I'm not a native english speaker and it doesn't feel right to me to correct a native speaker in his or her native language without checking first (but I have to say that I see a lot of native speakers that don't know the right use of the pronoun "its")
And I sometimes will employ a synonym, if I'm uncertain of proper spelling, and spell check can't find the proper one.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I sometimes will employ a synonym, if I'm uncertain of proper spelling, and spell check can't find the proper one.
Wow

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Exactly!

Well, now you have one more vocabulary anecdote to impress chicks with!
Old 04-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
YEP... and it is always from the same three Stevie Bashers....LOL...who think that Chris and LB are both the RISEN CHRIST...which is HILARIOUS!
they can bash and name call all they want...the reality is that Stevie is filling up arenas without them...and they JUST CAN'T STAND IT
Old 04-18-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy333 View Post
YEP... and it is always from the same three Stevie Bashers....LOL...who think that Chris and LB are both the RISEN CHRIST...which is HILARIOUS!
they can bash and name call all they want...the reality is that Stevie is filling up arenas without them...and they JUST CAN'T STAND IT
The masses have always had rather poor taste, darling.

And only Christine rises.. Lindsey sort of floats around.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

I love you!
Old 04-18-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I watched a great TED talk the other day on highly sensitive people - for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi4JOlMSWjo

It kind of turns the whole derogatory, overly sensitive snowflake thing, on its head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Thanks for this! I can't wait to watch.
Quote:
I like it. It was cute and interesting. She's funny.
For those who are interested, this site is about different personality types (focusing on the Introverted ones) and highly sensitive people and I sometimes enjoy reading its articles: https://introvertdear.com/
Old 04-18-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I love you!
Why? My make up is dark and it's careless.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Especially when maybe 30 percent of those masses are American Horror Story teen fans.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.