Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I'm glad you liked it

Yes this is the point I was trying to make yesterday. It's become a regular thing on here, there are inflammatory posts which seem only to have the intent of provoking other board members, resulting in arguments and upsetting people - the very definition of trolling - and the rules here clearly state "No trolling"

But that isn't true. You can't post anything. If it's only posted with the intent of provoking or upsetting other fans, that is against the rules. You honestly believe you never do this?
I don't think people are trying to provoke. I think they are just mad at Stevie and are venting and you don't like it, so now you are trying to find ways to shut people up. You are provoked just because you don't agree with their opinions.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I don't think people are trying to provoke. I think they are just mad at Stevie and are venting and you don't like it, so now you are trying to find ways to shut people up. You are provoked just because you don't agree with their opinions.
Whether people are trying to provoke is a grey area, as sisternightroad explained yesterday - but its one that deserves some discussion.

As I also stated clearly to you yesterday I'm not trying to shut anyone up. I'm just having my opinion, as anyone else on here. I don't understand why that is bothering you so much. I know you won't shut up and I won't either.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Calling someone a 'ho' is an opinion yes. I actually agree with that opinion that Stevie probably did sleep around a fair bit (from what we know as fact) particularly with taken or married men sadly. Now would I actually come out and write that on this board, no, because it's a nasty and horrible thing to say about someone, period.
Same for wishing a person would burn in hell....again it's your opinion, you are allowed one, but why say such a thing.
I don't get it, I live in a far away country where maybe we communicate more politely, maybe I am naive and assume people should really talk about others with kindness and respect and how they would like to be spoken about by other people. I don't understand what someone's underline motivation is to bait, troll and goad others.

Anyways, back on topic. I really wish Stevie would come back and create new music with FM. It is a shame. But I can't see it ever happening. I also wish we could find out the honest to truth reason why she doesn't want to....is it lack of creativity, it takes too long, because it won't sell, she can't bear time recording with Lindsey....what is the real truth or reason Stevie?
Old 04-18-2017, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Whether people are trying to provoke is a grey area, as sisternightroad explained yesterday - but its one that deserves some discussion.

As I also stated clearly to you yesterday I'm not trying to shut anyone up. I'm just having my opinion, as anyone else on here. I don't understand why that is bothering you so much. I know you won't shut up and I won't either.
You are not trying to shut people up, just trying to point out evidence that people are breaking board rules? Right...
Old 04-18-2017, 05:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are not trying to shut people up, just trying to point out evidence that people are breaking board rules? Right...
You're like a broken record . I'll say it again....I'm not trying to shut anyone up. I'm just trying to clear up my understanding of comments that appear to go against the rules of this board.

I actually have a few days off and the time to respond on here. Usually I wouldn't be engaging with the arguments.
Ok, it's a lovely sunny day here, I'm going back to my gardening.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're like a broken record . I'll say it again....I'm not trying to shut anyone up. I'm just trying to clear up my understanding of comments that appear to go against the rules of this board.

I actually have a few days off and the time to respond on here. Usually I wouldn't be engaging with the arguments.
Ok, it's a lovely sunny day here, I'm going back to my gardening.
Gardening sounds a good idea....
GEneral Election in June.!!!!!!
MY dishwasher just went BANG.!!!!!

But Ken just played Buckingham Mcvie and the sun is out.
WHo gives a toss, enjoy the sun ..
Old 04-18-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, not a fan of political talking points on here, like "fake news" or "snowflakes" that have seeped into this board, or even "dick" which is wrong on all levels unless talking to a guy named Richard.

As for things said about band members, they're pros at being in the spotlight, which has its downside. If you think Stevie is taking a beating now, you should have seen what Stevie fans said about Bekka back in the "Time" days (i.e. THAT hussy).

Stevie made a big deal for years about how there couldn't be a new album because it didn't work without Christine, even offering her $5 million to come back (in the same way I'd offer Northwestern $5 million if they won the Big Ten in football), but was MIA in the studio when Christine actually came back. Stevie did this to herself.
Not to mention what shippers were saying about Lindsey's wife, Kristen.
These organic things go in cycles.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I don't mean to undermine you in every way but I'm a bit of a grammar nazi and I have to tell you that it's "vice versa".
I am as well, and actually don't recall ever using that term in writing. So my only excuse is that when spoken (at least around here) that it's pronounced "vis uh versa", not vise versa. But I may be surrounded by hillbillies...
Old 04-18-2017, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. Everyone needs to stop being critical of Stevie, pointing out her flaws!

She is a goddess, and farts fairy dust!

If you can't handle an opinion other than your own(and that's my own personal definition of snowflake,btw),you should probably stay off the internets!
Old 04-18-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I am as well, and actually don't recall ever using that term in writing. So my only excuse is that when spoken (at least around here) that it's pronounced "vis uh versa", not vise versa. But I may be surrounded by hillbillies...
or goats.. hillbilly goats.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
or goats.. hillbilly goats.
True. Except my show on 6/23 will be goat free! And there's nothing bah'd about that!

I'm so excited to see them. Did I mention I'm 4th row center?
Old 04-18-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
True. Except my show on 6/23 will be goat free! And there's nothing bah'd about that!

I'm so excited to see them. Did I mention I'm 4th row center?
I'm going to send you to a night of 1000 Stevies...
Old 04-18-2017, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm going to send you to a night of 1000 Stevies...
I'd rather have a night of 1000 root canals!
Old 04-18-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I'd rather have a night of 1000 root canals!
We would get lynched.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We would get lynched.
You got that right! But they probably can't run very fast I their platform boots!