User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I can't help but wonder why he felt he couldn't do it(and then did it anyway).
maybe he tried it between the two shows and realized he actually knows how to play it and remembers at least some of the verses?

plus we were very very persistent.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
maybe he tried it between the two shows and realized he actually knows how to play it and remembers at least some of the verses?

plus we were very very persistent.
Maybe it's because it's late, but that's funny
Old 09-01-2012, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey Buckingham does WATL in Chicago Winery. that's all.
he never ever ever did Walk A Thin Line live before, people!!

he's the nicest most wonderful guy you can imagine - and then some.

thank you Della and all the globetrotters for calling for it last night!

do you all realize - he did TWO requests last night?!?!?! (well one full song and 1.5 line of another one but still )
Quote:
how incredibly nice is he??
He's pretty ridiculously nice He really is.
I can't stop watching these videos of WATL and RAB. But even without having played those two songs...he's still pretty darn nice.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Maybe it's because it's late, but that's funny
I'd love to know what Lindsey remembers and what he doesn't. Like I'd love to ask him about a song that's not from Rumours that he hasn't thought about in decades and see what he actually remembers about it. I think he has a pretty good memory of his and Stevie's Tusk songs, but the White album, BN . . . and what about his coffee plant songs? Certainly, he must have some demos from back in those days. Instrumentals. We just have never had them leaked.

I wish someone good would do an in depth interview with him on obscure matters. To tell the truth, I was shocked about Mick's Playboy interview. I didn't know he was high profile enough to get one. Now that it's clear he is, I would love for Lindsey to have one. I'm not even a Beatles fans, but I cherished those respective interviews Lennon and McCartney did with Playboy, especially when they were asked about each other's songs. To have something like that for Lindsey would be incredible. Heck, they can even ask Lindsey about Strawberry Fields Forever, for all I care. That'll work.

Michele
Old 09-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'd love to know what Lindsey remembers and what he doesn't. Like I'd love to ask him about a song that's not from Rumours that he hasn't thought about in decades and see what he actually remembers about it. I think he has a pretty good memory of his and Stevie's Tusk songs, but the White album, BN . . . and what about his coffee plant songs? Certainly, he must have some demos from back in those days. Instrumentals. We just have never had them leaked.

I wish someone good would do an in depth interview with him on obscure matters. To tell the truth, I was shocked about Mick's Playboy interview. I didn't know he was high profile enough to get one. Now that it's clear he is, I would love for Lindsey to have one. I'm not even a Beatles fans, but I cherished those respective interviews Lennon and McCartney did with Playboy, especially when they were asked about each other's songs. To have something like that for Lindsey would be incredible. Heck, they can even ask Lindsey about Strawberry Fields Forever, for all I care. That'll work.

Michele
yeah, an interview where he can't just give canned responses. and i think he would talk if asked the right questions.

you know, and i said that before, that's why i love these m&gs. you get to ask him questions that *you* always wanted to know but nobody's asking him. although most of the time i end up throwing various requests at him instead of asking what i would like to know...

that second night in Chicago i wanted to ask him why does he like speeding up / making his voice high / thin on recordings when his real voice sounds so good now when it's mature and fuller... hoping that maybe he'd stop artificially thinning his voice so much if he hears that type of opinion every now and then. but then he did WATL - and all other thoughts went out the window!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
he definitely remembers GOS bootleg stuff - remember his response to a question about Deep Dense - here http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50347

btw, before the show started in GB we put on the stage in front of his mic a request for Deep Dense (Della put in that last push for WATL for me, so i had to repay her with a request she wanted ). he was visibly distracted reading it while trying to play BTLH (he was probably thinking "a bootleg? haven't i done enough for these people?"), and to say that he was not happy about yet another off-the-wall request would be an understatement.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he definitely remembers GOS bootleg stuff - remember his response to a question about Deep Dense - here http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50347

btw, before the show started in GB we put on the stage in front of his mic a request for Deep Dense (Della put in that last push for WATL for me, so i had to repay her with a request she wanted ). he was visibly distracted reading it while trying to play BTLH (he was probably thinking "a bootleg? haven't i done enough for these people?"), and to say that he was not happy about yet another off-the-wall request would be an understatement.
I really felt pretty bad about that when he threw your shirt and you're right, he did NOT look happy...you asking for that especially after he was so nice and played WATL and all in Chicago...but I quickly get over it whenever I hear that story and think of his double - no, triple -take when he reads it
Old 09-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
but I quickly get over it whenever I hear that story and think of his double - no, triple -take when he reads it
yeah i can't wait to see that Bleed To Love Her video again, when he's trying to read the shirt and messes up the song. (we are just soo bad - but we love you Lindsey! )

too bad the part when shirt's flying to the amps is not recorded too.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
realized he actually knows how to play it and remembers at least some of the verses?
some screencaps from the meet&greet right after the show, discussing WATL that he just played... if you click on the first pic and then continue clicking through really fast it will be like a little movie (apologies about low picture quality) -

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1507240&type=3

Old 08-17-2013, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

in looking for something else, i just stumbled over this thread from last year... some good times! made me realize how much more interesting, diverse, and interactive LB solo tour is than FM... we need Lindsey solo back!!

Old 08-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwk05 View Post
shout out

walk a thin line for us

rock away blind - yes that was fine lindsey
This was fun to watch again

Quote:
in looking for something else, i just stumbled over this thread from last year... some good times! made me realize how much more interesting, diverse, and interactive LB solo tour is than FM... we need Lindsey solo back!!
I'm loving the FM tour, but you're right. I miss solo Lindsey
Old 08-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow so cool!
Well done Lindsey , maybe if someone begs him in the future concerts of doing Slow Dancing, he will play it. But that is one the many dreams of the "songs that will never be played live".

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerò non ci son santi. "
Old 08-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Lindsey Buckingham does WATL in Chicago Winery. that's all.

he never ever ever did Walk A Thin Line live before, people!!

he's the nicest most wonderful guy you can imagine - and then some.

thank you Della and all the globetrotters for calling for it last night!

do you all realize - he did TWO requests last night?!?!?! (well one full song and 1.5 line of another one but still )
bump! this was exactly 5 years ago.

we need solo tour and requests like this at every show, ASAP! hopefully that new album followed by solo tour at the beginning of 2018 really happens - it's been waaaaaaaay too long!

Last edited by elle; 08-27-2017 at 02:53 PM..
Old 08-27-2017, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wait, I want to hear the story of him tossing the shirt and being displeased with your request........
Old 08-28-2017, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
wait, I want to hear the story of him tossing the shirt and being displeased with your request........
Hehe that was the next show - Green Bay. In Chicago you can see him at the start of Pattie 's video pointing down at the shirt requesting walk a thin line and going "one line of what? This?" And then he starts playing it.

Day after in Green Bay we had another shirt on stage requesting Deep Dense. He kept reading it while playing Bleed to love her and getting distracted. After he was done with the song he was properly pi**ed, picked up the offensive shirt and tossed it towards the amp in the back of the stage. After the show he was in the hotel lobby as we were getting back (it was like the only hotel in GB so everyone was staying there) and immediately addressed us and asked whether we were mad about the shirt - guess he must have felt bad after he calmed down.