Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Especially when maybe 30 percent of those masses are American Horror Story teen fans.
I was embarrassed for her.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I was embarrassed for her.
I don't mean this in a negative way, but what is so embarrassing about Stevie having young fans? I'm 19 but I didn't start listening to Fleetwood Mac because of American Horror Story. I think it's a great show though. Anyway, I can't see why a show using music from a legendary artist is a bad thing. I think it's great that so many people now love and support Stevie and the Mac since they were exposed to such good music in the show.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
I don't mean this in a negative way, but what is so embarrassing about Stevie having young fans? I'm 19 but I didn't start listening to Fleetwood Mac because of American Horror Story. I think it's a great show though. Anyway, I can't see why a show using music from a legendary artist is a bad thing. I think it's great that so many people now love and support Stevie and the Mac since they were exposed to such good music in the show.
I think the effect of the show is being a bit overblown. I didn't see too many teen AHS fans at any of the shows I went to, whether FM or Stevie solo. It was nice to have 7W back in the set for a short while, but I think that meant more to the older fans than the newer ones.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Honest answer, I think she looks and sounds absolutely ridiculous at the piano. And then to see her act in a show about witches.... I rolled my eyes so far into the back of my head they got stuck there for weeks.. She just looked ridiculous, imo.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 04-18-2017 at 10:21 PM..
Old 04-19-2017, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honest answer, I think she looks and sounds absolutely ridiculous at the piano. And then to see her act in a show about witches.... I rolled my eyes so far into the back of my head they got stuck there for weeks.. She just looked ridiculous, imo.
Understandable. I happen to love witchy things so it worked for me haha.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
That whole season was meant to be kitschy and cheesy, but at the time it was a good idea after the heavier and darker atmosphere of the previous seasons.
It's one of those things that is fun while you are watching it but after it ends it's not that good anymore.

However I still think that the audience of AHS isn't constituted by many teens, I think the range it's from young adults onwards. Probably most teens started after the arrive of Lady Gaga.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Understandable. I happen to love witchy things so it worked for me haha.
I do like her having young fans. I'm still a Stevie fan. Her early solo work moves me in ways many artists can't.

It's the current day Stevie that for some reason leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Having said that, I'm glad she's touring and having success. It's still art and her set list is pretty damn good.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
That whole season was meant to be kitschy and cheesy, but at the time it was a good idea after the heavier and darker atmosphere of the previous seasons.
It's one of those things that is fun while you are watching it but after it ends it's not that good anymore.

However I still think that the audience of AHS isn't constituted by many teens, I think the range it's from young adults onwards. Probably most teens started after the arrive of Lady Gaga.
I like the show. It's been getting worse as the seasons go on.

The first season was awesome. I did like the witches season. But, I have my opinions about her appearance. oy
Old 04-19-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I like the show. It's been getting worse as the seasons go on.

The first season was awesome. I did like the witches season. But, I have my opinions about her appearance. oy
Oh, it's almost the same for me, my favourite season was the first one with the second one very close but from then onwards the quality dimished, with the exception that I loved the last season.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Oh, it's almost the same for me, my favourite season was the first one with the second one very close but from then onwards the quality dimished, with the exception that I loved the last season.
I thought Lady Gaga was a great actress for what they asked her to do. But the Hotel season seemed predictable.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I thought Lady Gaga was a great actress for what they asked her to do. But the Hotel season seemed predictable.
I hated Hotel, the 10 commandments killer storyline was the most predictable plot twist I've ever seen. Lady Gaga was a good mannequin. The only things I save from that is Denis O'Hare, his character truly was the backbone of the entire season, Evan Peters' performance and the naked butts of all the male actors.
Roanoke instead was welcomed change, I think it became my third favourite season.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
There's absolutely nothing embarrassing about it. You have to understand that a few of the Stevie haters are grasping at any and every thing that they can to disrespect her. It's sort of like a bunch of gnats. You swat and swat at them but they never go away because they have no life outside of pestering you. The funny thing is that I was at three of Stevie's concerts for this tour and I didn't see 30% of any one age group. It was a wonderful mix of young, old and those of us in between. Personally, I would like to see Lindsey and Chris try to bring in some younger fans too. It's what keeps the music alive, after all. I have a twelve year old daughter and she loves Fleetwood Mac.....or Stevie and those other people, as she calls them!!!! As for American Horror Story, we've watched each and every season and love them all.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy333 View Post
YEP... and it is always from the same three Stevie Bashers....LOL...who think that Chris and LB are both the RISEN CHRIST...which is HILARIOUS!
they can bash and name call all they want...the reality is that Stevie is filling up arenas without them...and they JUST CAN'T STAND IT
Truth!!!!! LMAO!!!
Old 04-19-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I hated Hotel, the 10 commandments killer storyline was the most predictable plot twist I've ever seen. Lady Gaga was a good mannequin. The only things I save from that is Denis O'Hare, his character truly was the backbone of the entire season, Evan Peters' performance and the naked butts of all the male actors.
Roanoke instead was welcomed change, I think it became my third favourite season.
They love to show butts.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
They love to show butts.
May God bless them for this.