User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Well, Mr. Happy, they are all going to die. Us too.
I'm merely stating the obvious.

The band of my life is nearing the end, so how much longer did we have, anyway? Well, maybe a (very) few years? But someone f*cked that up. It's going to be too late, now.

Thanks a lot, Old Goat Breath.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes, it seems like it would be a stretch to think her tweet indicates everything is fully and finally settled, but rather that the process itself is going on in a manner that is contradictory to what the band had publicly declared, i.e. that it's not coming down to a day (figuratively) in court but rather ongoing negotiations between the parties. "Can't we settled this outside of court?"
I see the motivation behind the tweet as being a deserved response to the obnoxious "We look forward to our day in court" statement, a statement that (even though it was most certainly contrived by the lawyers with zero input from actual band members) implied a clear subtext of not only "We are in the right and he is in the wrong" but also "Lindsey is a liar." Even if the statement was a standard flourish for litigation tactics, the message it sent to the world served as yet another misrepresentation and denegration of Lindsey's position (just like Stevie's fake news broadcast on national TV in saying that "one of us wanted to wait a year" to go on the road).
Old 11-19-2018, 07:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Whatever it is, it’s another sad moment in the disgraceful end of the band.

The fact they couldn’t get it together to give fans the gift of a final tour continues to blow my mind.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'd lose all respect for him if he ever went back again. F*ck them. The lot of them.

They're getting too old for us to wait for a reunion, THAT NOW SHOULDN'T HAPPEN. One of them is going to die, anyway.
I do not want them to ever re unite. It's getting to be a joke. Christine's voice is more then shot now, sorry to say. Stevie and Lindsey can still hold their own on stage but after this tour is over it would be another few years (if they were to reconcile and I don't see that happening) and they would be in their 80's. JUST NO
Old 11-19-2018, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Which means they KNOW they are totally in the wrong and Lindsey did NOTHING to deserve this. This was goat/tambourine breaths final power play.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
My main hope is that a settlement would at least lift the ban on communication between Lindsey and the others.....I'm sure all the bridges with Mick, Stevie and, maybe, John have been burned, but I'm hoping both the silence and lawsuit were things that had to include everyone, more likely not by choice, and that Lindsey and Christine can renew their musical friend/partnership.
i think John's email response to him was actually a respectable thing to do. he answered, and basically gave him a heads up. so LB and John i don't think will have a real problem. and it sounds like he and Chris won't either.

with Mick and Stevie, seems like it will depend on them. i will probably never understand how forgiving LB can be towards them. i guess therapy, meditation, etc help a lot. i'll stay angry for him!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-19-2018, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No surprise. I predicted this on the board day one. Most of these cases settle. We probably will never know the amount but I will guess. My hunch is 7-8 million range. After lawyers Lindsey will walk away with about 5-7 million.
I do expect everyone to go silent during the settlement talks. On Lindsey's tour, after the lawsuit was announced, Lindsey did not even say the words Fleetwood Mac on stage.
he didn't say them before it was announced either.

audiences are doing good job for him though!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-19-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
My main hope is that a settlement would at least lift the ban on communication between Lindsey and the others.....I'm sure all the bridges with Mick, Stevie and, maybe, John have been burned, but I'm hoping both the silence and lawsuit were things that had to include everyone, more likely not by choice, and that Lindsey and Christine can renew their musical friend/partnership.
I think John is less guilty in all this mess than Christine. At least he answered Lindsey's calls. She should have answered too and told him she wasn't allowed to talk instead of playing innocent on that CBS interview saying: "I didn't know what was going on. I was in England".
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
And of course just because there may or may not be an offer on the table doesn't mean it's a good one. I have to imagine they would try to low-ball him at first. My guess is this thing is probably still far from settled, but hopefully we're on the right track.
yup, that's the most logical.

yes it's still on the docket.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes, it seems like it would be a stretch to think her tweet indicates everything is fully and finally settled, but rather that the process itself is going on in a manner that is contradictory to what the band had publicly declared, i.e. that it's not coming down to a day (figuratively) in court but rather ongoing negotiations between the parties. "Can't we settled this outside of court?"
yup, exactly. that's all that tweet is saying.

except to people who are willingly putting their heads in the sand - or trying to convince others they should . KB tweet is a reply to that FM publicist statement they issued saying "we deny everything! we will see you in court!"

apparently they stopped denying real fast.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup, exactly. that's all that tweet is saying.

except to people who are willingly putting their heads in the sand - or trying to convince others they should . KB tweet is a reply to that FM publicist statement they issued saying "we deny everything! we will see you in court!"

apparently they stopped denying real fast
Tough to deny when they are stepping in it every time they opened their mouths. But you are so right Elle. I think I am in the minority, but I do hold Christine as accountable as the rest of them. Although LB's comment that she was fragile is interesting, she's a big girl, playing in the big leagues, she needs to own this. John doesn't speak so it is what it is. Stevie and Mick will own it. Oh they will spin a tale that GPS and The Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz collectively couldn't help you follow, but they will own it. This is the band of my life. If it wasn't so sad, I'd be lapping the drama up. But I can't. It really is disgusting.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm merely stating the obvious.

The band of my life is nearing the end, so how much longer did we have, anyway? Well, maybe a (very) few years? But someone f*cked that up. It's going to be too late, now.

Thanks a lot, Old Goat Breath.
LOL!!!!!! She was a moron. To end it this way is wrong and awlful.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
LOL!!!!!! She was a moron. To end it this way is wrong and awlful.
It's the worst way.

I'll bet she has no idea how much she f*cked up the ending of the band that many of us have followed our entire lives. She doesn't care. She's the boss.

May she get terminal cooter itch!
Old 11-19-2018, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Okay, where did I miss that John had communicated with Lindsey and that Lindsey called Christine fragile? Like Brandon, I’ve been severely limiting my Mac news these days.

I know it’s my hopeless romantic nature, but I see a crack of hope in these developments. Stevie has shown her dominance, Lindsey has gotten his break from the cash grab, and undeniably all have experienced a paradigm shift. Certainly could make for one blowout farewell tour... almost so perfect as to be planned. Certainly shakes off the staleness that had set in!
Old 11-19-2018, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Which means they KNOW they are totally in the wrong and Lindsey did NOTHING to deserve this. This was goat/tambourine breaths final power play.
How does one have tambourine breath?

He Will Burn You Down