User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
This actually saddens me a lot. This story has more legs than an octopus. It really sickens me that this is how this band could go out.
I was really bummed to see that too. Part of me was really thinking that with his whole like, ~forward-looking, innovative creative~ personality thing that while he'd obviously be sad about it, he'd move on pretty quick. Or at least look at it in a different light. That at least helped me feel better about it. So to hear that he's still really upset about it just makes it worse.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Seriously! I mean, I'm sad and my brain understands these 4 people
(specifically one) hurt him. So the idea of him coming back to that environment as if nothing happened and for these 4 people to act as if nothing happened, and to sing Landslide again hugging and holding hands and acting like people who actually love each other is something that I will never understand. I know it will probably happen because that's how twisted they are, but I won't celebrate it and I can't understand how some fans want it to happen when we all know it will be an awful lie.

Just the 5 of them together again smiling fake smiles just for the sake of fans and of their pockets. Awful.
I guess my hope is that they would find a way to forgive each other and that it would be genuine. Obviously, Stevie and Mick would have to take responsibility for their actions and make it up to Lindsey, but stranger things have happened.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seriously! I mean, I'm sad and my brain understands these 4 people
(specifically one) hurt him. So the idea of him coming back to that environment as if nothing happened and for these 4 people to act as if nothing happened, and to sing Landslide again hugging and holding hands and acting like people who actually love each other is something that I will never understand. I know it will probably happen because that's how twisted they are, but I won't celebrate it and I can't understand how some fans want it to happen when we all know it will be an awful lie.

Just the 5 of them together again smiling fake smiles just for the sake of fans and of their pockets. Awful.

I agree. Couldn't watch it or want to fork out the money for the ticket. And do Mike and Neil step quietly to the side? Nah, I'm over this charade. Give me Lindsey solo or another BuckVie, and I'll be happy.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I agree. Couldn't watch it or want to fork out the money for the ticket. And do Mike and Neil step quietly to the side? Nah, I'm over this charade. Give me Lindsey solo or another BuckVie, and I'll be happy.
I don't want another Buckvie--she's as guilty as the rest. If Stevie and Mick don't get a pass--Christine shouldn't either. Her ex-husband and his bestie have been in her life forever---well Lindsey's been in Stevie's life forever too. That's not a pass for this. The 5 of them own this disaster, break up....." Go your own ways"... I truly think another Buck Vie would be as fake as a "Landslide" or "Sara" hug. If they are going to end it---end it. Send a mass card when one of them kicks it and move on.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I guess my hope is that they would find a way to forgive each other and that it would be genuine. Obviously, Stevie and Mick would have to take responsibility for their actions and make it up to Lindsey, but stranger things have happened.
I heard from different camps that he wants to be back with the band, so I guess I'm more angry with Lindsey than with Mick/Stevie.
I know they had many fights/disagreements in the past but with so many reports of Lindsey's current state of mind I can only imagine how awful things went between them in that meeting nobody wants to talk about.

Sure, they can all make up and sing together again, but I doubt it's gonna be a sincere and heartfelt scene. Stevie is probably now angry because of all the backlash, and she's probably blaming him.

My hopes of a sincere reunion are pretty Slim. Too much has probably been said and done this time to let everything go away and just go on with the show.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't want another Buckvie--she's as guilty as the rest. If Stevie and Mick don't get a pass--Christine shouldn't either. Her ex-husband and his bestie have been in her life forever---well Lindsey's been in Stevie's life forever too. That's not a pass for this. The 5 of them own this disaster, break up....." Go your own ways"... I truly think another Buck Vie would be as fake as a "Landslide" or "Sara" hug. If they are going to end it---end it. Send a mass card when one of them kicks it and move on.
Yes. Sorry but I don't buy Christine's long face with Anthony Mason. She could have said 'no', yet it was easier to stay quiet. BuckVie would be as fake as a Rumours 5 reunion.

Mass card? If things are as bad as KB is saying, I don't think we will even get that kind of bittersweet reunion.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-05-2018, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Christine had a heavy hand in orchestrating what happened with Lindsey. She was somewhat blindsided by what happened. True she went along with the band. But in my mind I just see Christine's and Lindsey's relationship being so much more real and artistically intertwined than, well you know who.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Christine had a heavy hand in orchestrating what happened with Lindsey. She was somewhat blindsided by what happened. True she went along with the band. But in my mind I just see Christine's and Lindsey's relationship being so much more real and artistically intertwined than, well you know who.
But she's touring with them. Blindsided sure, and that I buy, but now she's wearing it, just like the rest of them If she's willing to tour with this incarnation of Fleetwood Mac....she supports it. She owns this like the rest of them do. And oddly enough, I think S & L are more artistically intertwined than C & L. But the appreciation b/w C& L is far more sincere (well...not anymore) so I see where you are coming from
Old 07-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I heard from different camps that he wants to be back with the band , so I guess I'm more angry with Lindsey than with Mick/Stevie.
I know they had many fights/disagreements in the past but with so many reports of Lindsey's current state of mind I can only imagine how awful things went between them in that meeting nobody wants to talk about.
If that's actually true then he must be really, REALLY hurting about this. Because typically I'd think Lindsey is the type of person whose pride is too strong to ever want to go back after a situation like this.
And I think back to Kristen's word choice when she referred to the situation. It would be one thing if she just said they were shady band members or unfair or ungrateful. But she called it the "cruelest move she'd ever seen" and said Lindsey didn't deserve it. That kind of description is pretty telling.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But she's touring with them. Blindsided sure, and that I buy, but now she's wearing it, just like the rest of them If she's willing to tour with this incarnation of Fleetwood Mac....she supports it. She owns this like the rest of them do. And oddly enough, I think S & L are more artistically intertwined than C & L. But the appreciation b/w C& L is far more sincere (well...not anymore) so I see where you are coming from
IA. I've always thought Christine and Lindsey worked together great and got along fine and obviously were fond of each other but people looked at their relationship through rose colored glasses because of BuckVie. In the end she could've thrown her own power around if she was so blindsided by what happened but she didn't. In the end I sadly think no one in this band is loyal to anyone except Mick and Stevie to each other. And we had to see that proven in an ugly way.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree, she has to share some of the blame. But the way I look at it, is that if and when FM disbands or stops touring, perhaps because of lack of public interest, I definitely see a better chance of Christine and Lindsey working together again, than Stevie and Lindsey. They have a better working music relationship. You know, they both know more than three chords. I actually think they are better friends than Stevie and Lindsey and have more mutual respect for each other. I've never thought of Lindsey's and Christine's relationship as being fake.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably, but she threw it all away when she kept silent and did nothing after she knew what had happened. Once he was fired, they were all told to avoid Lindsey's calls and of course Christine wasn't the exception. But she's probably the one with more chances to rebuild a normal relationship with him.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably, but she threw it all away when she kept silent and did nothing after she knew what had happened. Once he was fired, they were all told to avoid Lindsey's calls and of course Christine wasn't the exception. But she's probably the one with more chances to rebuild a normal relationship with him.
I never heard that. Avoid Lindsey's calls? Wow! That hurts.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree, she has to share some of the blame. But the way I look at it, is that if and when FM disbands or stops touring, perhaps because of lack of public interest, I definitely see a better chance of Christine and Lindsey working together again, than Stevie and Lindsey. They have a better working music relationship. You know, they both know more than three chords. I actually think they are better friends than Stevie and Lindsey and have more mutual respect for each other. I've never thought of Lindsey's and Christine's relationship as being fake.
I can't imagine Stevie and Lindsey working together again. Ever. Even before Lindsey was fired there was clearly a lot of bad blood between them. That's why I can't understand why he wants to be back.

Lindsey and Christine friends? I don't think so. They fit well profesionally but I don't see a friendship there.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I never heard that. Avoid Lindsey's calls? Wow! That hurts.
Trust me, I even cried when I heard that.

I don't know who gave the order. It probably wasn't Mick or Stevie but it's cruel anyway.