Eyes of the World by kaypee24

Old 06-20-2013, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ad for FM in concert in Albany

Sara by Bill Maas

Go Your Own Way by Nicholas Teta

Old 06-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazing show, Stevie is in MUCH better form/performance mode than the Unleashed Tour. GDW is her highlight, she puts so much into this performance, it almost seems like a miracle! Lindsey never disappoints. The band did not want to leave the stage, what a great night!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad you guys had fun.I got my dates mixed up because I thought this show was on tonight.Not last night LOL.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Does anyone have a video of lindsey's, stevie's and mick's closing comments from last night?
Old 06-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

No Without you intro ????
Old 06-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hugs, bowing and flowers by kaypee24

Stand Back by kaypee24

I'm So Afraid closeup shot of Lindsey (snippet) by Joann71

Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 PM
SNicksed
This message has been deleted by SNicksed.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rhiannon snippet by CShorty55

Silver Springs by Luane Ballantine

Sad Angel by granitedog

Old 06-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Without You intro by granitedog

Old 06-20-2013, 06:21 PM
SNicksed
This message has been deleted by SNicksed.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stand Back by Leland Pinkham

Old 06-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac comes back, armed with hits
By Greg Haymes, Thursday, June 20, 2013 Times Union

http://www.timesunion.com/entertainm...ts-4611786.php

Albany

It's been a long time since we've seen Fleetwood Mac. They canceled their 2009 Albany show due to poor ticket sales, and the last time the band rolled into town was a decade ago, when Albany's big downtown concert venue was named the Pepsi Arena. Now it's the Times Union Center, and on Wednesday night they filled it with more than two and a half hours' worth of pretty much nonstop hits. Or at least instantly recognizable songs.

Yes, the big Mac attack was back, and from Mick Fleetwood's galloping drum intro to the opening "Second Hand News" straight through to their fourth and final encore of "Say Goodbye," they managed to come pretty darned close to re-capturing their "Rumours"-era glory days.

Fleetwood and bassist John McVie have always been the band's muscle, but the focus these days is on vocalist Stevie Nicks and vocalist-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, who respectively provide the mystic heart and the brains of the band.

In 2011, when Buckingham dished out a brilliant concert at The Egg, he explained his approach to his musical career in Hollywood terms, saying that sometimes he's in a box-office blockbuster movie (Fleetwood Mac, or as he says, "the Big Machine") and sometimes he's in a gritty, indie art-house film (his solo work). And like, say, Johnny Depp, Buckingham brings plenty of indie quirk to the table even when he's playing with the Big Machine.

Take for example, the string-strangling, big guitar freak-out that he injected into "I'm So Afraid," the willfully eccentric "Tusk" and his dark but furiously scintillating solo rendition of "Big Love."

Nicks, of course, has had the bigger solo career, and her twirling rendition of "Stand Back" was the lone song of the night that wasn't culled from the Fleetwood Mac catalog. She shined brightest in the sparser musical setting of the sublime "Silver Springs" and "Landslide" (stripped to a simple duet with Buckingham).

Nicks' witchy woman psychedelic swirl of "Gold Dust Woman" was unfortunately marred by an aimless, meandering jam, and likewise, "World Turning," the only song of the night that hinted at Fleetwood Mac's pre-platinum pop success as a blues band, was burdened with Fleetwood's drum solo, which was more entertaining than musical.

Bolstered throughout the night by at least five backing musicians, the band did offer a couple of new songs from their "Extended Play" EP, although the best of them was the charming "Without You," a previously lost Buckingham-Nicks song from their pre-Mac days. But after a night of what was predominantly '80s nostalgia, it seemed somewhat ironic that they would wrap up their first set of encores with "Don't Stop" — penned by departed member Christine McVie — singing, "Don't you look back..."

Greg Haymes is a freelance writer in Schodack.

Review

Fleetwood Mac

When: 7:30 p.m. Wednesday

Where: Times Union Center, 51 S. Pearl St., Albany

Length: Two hours and 40 minutes

Highlights: Buckingham's guitar freak-out on "I'm So Afraid," McVie's thundering bass solo in the middle of "The Chain," Nicks' sublime, subdued treatment of "Silver Springs" and the blues-laced "World Turning"

Smartphone moment: "Landslide."
Old 06-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That Without You intro was great. A whole 7 minutes.

"1973.. no, wrong. Wrong."

I noticed before that Lindsey had made a funny face when she mentioned his Skylark. Now she said his "skylark, or buick.. skylark." So maybe he had a different kind of Buick, hah.

"Do you want to say anything at all? Not even the girlfriend thing?" Poor Stevie. Lindsey really left her hanging with his speechlessness.

Last edited by WildHearted; 06-20-2013 at 08:37 PM..
Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was a GREAT show. Unfortunately, when I left, I realized how dehydrated I was and could barely hobble back to the hotel but...it was worth it.

Few things I noticed that were different than the show in April...#1...the intro to Without You...yikes! It's sort of adorable but ... I liked the abridged version more, I think. I could do without the thank you's and the rehashing of the girlfriend comes with me thing.

GDW...good Lord! Has she been doing this lately? That dance thing was like performance art...and I'm not sure it was entirely "comfortable" or meant to be. Really kind of borderline disturbing! (or maybe the dehydration was kicking in at that point).

When did she start giving the dream catcher thing at the end? That was really sweet.

I was VERY close to Stevie yesterday. At one point, when she moved her mic stand, her platforms were about 4 or 5 feet from my face. And I was really looking at her. I'm pretty sure she may have some eye issues. We've mentioned this before but they look a bit different. Cataracts would not surprise me at all. But, she really is so beautiful. Especially when she smiles. And, I don't know...this year, Landslide just gets to me (even though I've been begging them to stop doing it).

I forgot some of the stuff they were supposed to do last night so, each song, toward the end, seemed like a surprise. And, at last, standing by the stage paid off. I got a nice, undisturbed Say Goodbye. Sniff.

If was a great night. Really, really enjoyed it. And had very nice people around me, too. Which helped a lot.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
That Without You intro was great. A whole 7 minutes.
Highlights for me were:

1. Her admitting they weren't that poor, since they were still living with their parents and being provided with food and everything else.

2. Her saying that they had some sleazy friends.

3. Her saying Without You is the one song in the set that she can just sing without thinking about it. Um, but she's still really struggling with Dreams? She is going to need a little bit more time to work with that whole have you any dreams you'd like to sell part, before it sticks. Also, loved the way she said that right after saying that she'd probably make a whole bunch of mistakes.

Michele