The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yesterday marks exactly five months since I started my eating right and exercise plan. I have lost a total of 32lbs so far. I seriously injured my left knee from jogging and was unable to do that or walk for almost two months, though I resumed walking Friday. My body is filled with serenity.Though I did not walk I still lifted weights and while I have not lost any weight this last month, I have not gained either. Eating healthy is the key. And I never cheat!
Old 11-22-2016, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Eating healthy is the key. And I never cheat!
Never cheat? Come on! We all cheat.

Keep up the good work though.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Well, let's just say that I thought it sounded threatening.
Stop messing with me!

I want a turducken for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yesterday marks exactly five months since I started my eating right and exercise plan. I have lost a total of 32lbs so far. I seriously injured my left knee from jogging and was unable to do that or walk for almost two months, though I resumed walking Friday. My body is filled with serenity.Though I did not walk I still lifted weights and while I have not lost any weight this last month, I have not gained either. Eating healthy is the key. And I never cheat!
Again congrats with you Viv.Keep it up.I got to get my fat a$$ in gear on doing more walking even if I freeze my marbles off.LOL.I think the continuous leave raking over here is making up for it because I feel it later. Now the holiday season is up on us.Now we have to watch in what we eat and walk it off.Yes eating is the key issue.I back off on the cola favored sodas to one to two cans a week.I got to watch the salt content.My BP will go off the scale if I take in salt.No chips and other junk food for about two months which is killing me.I was happy with my last Nep "Kidney" doctors visit as I mentioned earlier here.Now lets see what the results will be from my yearly physical in December.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's great to hear your updates. I'm pleased you are having so much success with diet and exercise. I've also had problems in the past with jogging and my knees. I enjoy the aerobic exercise of running, but I can end up with painful knees. At the moment I walk during the week, and on a Saturday I do a combination of fast walking and jogging for an hour and my knees seem to be ok with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Again congrats with you Viv.Keep it up.I got to get my fat a$$ in gear on doing more walking even if I freeze my marbles off.LOL.I think the continuous leave raking over here is making up for it because I feel it later. Now the holiday season is up on us.Now we have to watch in what we eat and walk it off.Yes eating is the key issue.I back off on the cola favored sodas to one to two cans a week.I got to watch the salt content.My BP will go off the scale if I take in salt.No chips and other junk food for about two months which is killing me.I was happy with my last Nep "Kidney" doctors visit as I mentioned earlier here.Now lets see what the results will be from my yearly physical in December.
That's great you are managing to keep off the junk food. Good luck for your medical.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:42 AM

For you Thanksgiving it's already passed, but Christmas it's only a month from now so I want to share this guide I find helpful in dealing with my beloved but weird and irritating family:

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 07-11-2017 at 07:40 AM..
Old 12-05-2016, 07:01 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
It's great to hear your updates. I'm pleased you are having so much success with diet and exercise. I've also had problems in the past with jogging and my knees. I enjoy the aerobic exercise of running, but I can end up with painful knees. At the moment I walk during the week, and on a Saturday I do a combination of fast walking and jogging for an hour and my knees seem to be ok with that.

That's great you are managing to keep off the junk food. Good luck for your medical.

Thank you...

Old 12-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just found out that country singer Holly Dunn passed away last month at 59.I always love her tunes and also a true country artist.I remember seen her in concert back in the early 1990's.

Prayers and condolences go out to her family and friends.

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/...-at-59-w450608

RIP Holly.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:10 PM

I used to be a big fan of the series Will & Grace but for some reason I missed some episodes of the last season and never saw the finale; now I've accidentally stumbled upon a "spoiler" looking at a list of Top 10s finales of 90s shows and I'm a little meh. I understand not wanting a goodie goodie end but it wasn't even so realistic (nothing about the series was, have you seen how big their apartment is?).
Old 12-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I used to be a big fan of the series Will & Grace but for some reason I missed some episodes of the last season and never saw the finale; now I've accidentally stumbled upon a "spoiler" looking at a list of Top 10s finales of 90s shows and I'm a little meh. I understand not wanting a goodie goodie end but it wasn't even so realistic (nothing about the series was, have you seen how big their apartment is?).
I saw an article the other day where Megan Mullally has confirmed the show is coming back for 10 episodes. Hard to believe it's been off the air for a decade now!
Old 12-13-2016, 09:08 AM

I somehow missed it. I'm happy but also worried about it, lately there have been a lot of returns of old shows because of Netflix et similia but not always they've been successful or even satisfying for that matter. I know for example Gilmore Girls has been appreciated and I'll see it but I've already been told the plot and I really don't like it. Smells like money thirst.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thats strange that I never seen an episode of Gilmore Girls or Will & Grace when it aired.Probably the reason that I lost interest in TV shows by then.I did enjoy seeing the colorized Dick Van Dyke show last Sunday night on CBS.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

While scanning the Drudge Report I came
across this headline,

Lonely men more likely to have sex with bots...

Shocking isn't it? Who would have guessed?
Old 01-01-2017, 06:08 PM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So I had this strange dream the other night. The power grid in the western hemisphere shuts off. There are pockets of power in a few places. People are in a panic and even without proof, a lot of people blame Russia. After a week of this ****, the police drive around at night yelling through their bull horns for all of us to resume our daily lives the best we can. They tell us to go to work and to go to school. No one can pump gas so when your tank runs out, that's it for your car. The grocery store shelves are cleared almost instantly. We have water still and those of us with gas stoves can still cook. Cell phones aren't working either and with no computer access most of us are bored ****less and people are highly stressed out. It happens in the winter and it happens this year before the spring. I know this because it shows me two houses that are currently rented by college seniors. The ground has a little bit of snow and it is very icy at night. I am cold and afraid of slipping. The dream tells me this will last for 37 days and when the power comes back on the world will rejoice. In all languages people will write about this catastrophic event. Songs will be written with 37 as their title. And we will all find out that this was not a man made occurrence.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
So I had this strange dream the other night. The power grid in the western hemisphere shuts off. There are pockets of power in a few places. People are in a panic and even without proof, a lot of people blame Russia. After a week of this ****, the police drive around at night yelling through their bull horns for all of us to resume our daily lives the best we can. They tell us to go to work and to go to school. No one can pump gas so when your tank runs out, that's it for your car. The grocery store shelves are cleared almost instantly. We have water still and those of us with gas stoves can still cook. Cell phones aren't working either and with no computer access most of us are bored ****less and people are highly stressed out. It happens in the winter and it happens this year before the spring. I know this because it shows me two houses that are currently rented by college seniors. The ground has a little bit of snow and it is very icy at night. I am cold and afraid of slipping. The dream tells me this will last for 37 days and when the power comes back on the world will rejoice. In all languages people will write about this catastrophic event. Songs will be written with 37 as their title. And we will all find out that this was not a man made occurrence.
Sounds like you dreamed about a Coronal Mass Ejection hitting the earth. My Dad enlightened me to CME's over Thanksgiving, and I haven't viewed life the same ever since.