Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Ledgie

Default Solo Lindsey...

I realize they JUST got done touring, buuuuttttt I'm selfish and I REALLY want Lindsey to do some solo shows. Doesn't even have to be a tour. I mean even just a couple shows around LA would make me happy. Am I asking too much?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 12-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
I realize they JUST got done touring, buuuuttttt I'm selfish and I REALLY want Lindsey to do some solo shows. Doesn't even have to be a tour. I mean even just a couple shows around LA would make me happy. Am I asking too much?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
preaching to the choir, sister!

except i'd rather some east coast shows so i don't have to travel.

he always seems to do a couple of LA shows and one-offs, he did even during the last 2 FM tours. but a small real tour would be nice! and a solo album to go with it, we know he has tons of new material written and recorded!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Ledgie

Yessssss... PLEASE! I have never seen Lindsey solo and I basically need it in order for my life to be complete. Not to sound too dramatic or anything! Lol
Old 12-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, to be honest. If he does, he has to take Neale back to the UK to repair what went wrong in when was it, 2012?

Old 12-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well, to be honest. If he does, he has to take Neale back to the UK to repair what went wrong in when was it, 2012?
?? I'm not sure I know about this. Lol
Old 12-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
?? I'm not sure I know about this. Lol
it was 2011. the UK/Ire leg of his solo tour got cancelled the last moment because Neale had to have a back surgery. to say that the fans there were not happy would be an understatement. Neale even wrote a letter here on TL to tell people what happened and to not take it out on LB for sticking out for his friend.

when One Man Show tour started happening in the US and went through the whole 2012, people in the UK/EU started asking even more - why would LB not do something like that over there, which is presumably much cheaper / less equipment to ship across the ocean / no band etc.

additional factor is that Neale is originally from the UK and was looking forward to playing there with LB.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-13-2015, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Totally agree, he still owes us European fans!!

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 12-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it was 2011. the UK/Ire leg of his solo tour got cancelled the last moment because Neale had to have a back surgery. to say that the fans there were not happy would be an understatement. Neale even wrote a letter here on TL to tell people what happened and to not take it out on LB for sticking out for his friend.

when One Man Show tour started happening in the US and went through the whole 2012, people in the UK/EU started asking even more - why would LB not do something like that over there, which is presumably much cheaper / less equipment to ship across the ocean / no band etc.

additional factor is that Neale is originally from the UK and was looking forward to playing there with LB.
My brother and I were going to two shows, we already bought tickets for the shows, those were paid back, but we both lost the cost of planetickets from Berlin (my brother) and Amsterdam (me). It was a pretty harsh cancellation.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My brother and I were going to two shows, we already bought tickets for the shows, those were paid back, but we both lost the cost of planetickets from Berlin (my brother) and Amsterdam (me). It was a pretty harsh cancellation.
you can say that for sure! there was a ledgie who flew in to the UK for those shows from Australia. when they got on the plane in Australia the shows were still on. when they landed, they had tons of texts that the shows were cancelled (or postponed at the time).

they were a sweet deal too (although really expensive if you went for the whole thing) - you could get a soundcheck access, vip m&g, etc. he never before or after did those soundcheck access tickets.