User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Well this thread sure has gotten long. Im glad I started it! Still, I have not heard from any of the people I was looking for. Are there no leads on where they went to?
Just like the old days...you start a thread and it takes on a life of its own!

Hope the people you were looking for eventually find this thread & get in touch with you!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Registered

Quote:
Prolly not important, BUT it taught me a valuable lesson about not taking anything on the Internet seriously at all and learning to just, CHILLAX, click EXIT and do something actually important whenever someone started posting negative stuff or sending me mean email. Something that might even apply today since it looks like Johnny Stew is still having problems with that. Anyhow I guess you can say I "Got a life" and gave up on the internet at that point and started making real friends since my other "LEdge friends" moved on as well and I was growing up from a teenager to a college kid and then out of college and into other things. Plus I started competativly rowing and didnt have time to spend 4 hours a night chatting about what color clothes make Stevie look the thinnest and if Lindsey or Tom Petty or Don were the love of her life or what the meaning of Sara is. That kept me up MANY a late night debating with other ledgies. LOL!!!!

If i recall, someone created a clone of the ledge, christened it the Black Ledge, and a dozen or so people proceeded to talk about other ledgies and the owners of this website and post what might be considered hersery about Stevie by some of your standards. Somehow the link to the site got out there and became public knowledge and it hurt a lot of innocent people's feelings. People started posting responses on this ledge and flame wars commenced. There were attacks from both sides. Suicide bombers, kamikaze attacks, death threats, you name it. At one point the real Ledge was taken down totally while things cooled off. Both sides were to blame I think. Just a lot of hurt feelings and pettiness. This was right before the new format of the site and updated web boards where people could be better tracked and IP addresses blocked and so forth. I think I posted like 10 times after that and then decided I was in a different place in my life and moved on. I made some great friends on here though. Got me thru my early days on the internet and protected me from cyberstalkers and perverts. Of course I dont think cyberpredation had been invented in 97. I think To Catch a Predator didn't start up till mid 2000's. Anyhow, all you might learn something from this, maybe not. Just dont take things on here personal. Its not worth losing sleep over and you dont have to read anything people post. Its not real life. Its just for fun. So go out there, meet real people, make friends on here on the side, and talk about Fleetwood Mac when you have time and be nice.
You sound kinda paranoid.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I realize I'm not the best person to ask this considering how long I've been away, but where's Johnny Stew? I thought he was still a regular around here, but I don't see any posts by him lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
Well, I think he got a boyfriend, for one thing. I also remember hearing something about one or both of his parents not being in good health.
Michele let me know about this thread several days ago, and I had intended to reply sooner. Thanks for asking about me, Nancy.

Mark is right on all counts, re: my boyfriend and my parents having health problems (mostly my mother). I'm still around when I can be -- just more of a casual observer these days.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I'm still around when I can be -- just more of a casual observer these days.
Glad to hear from you, in any case.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Michele let me know about this thread several days ago, and I had intended to reply sooner. Thanks for asking about me, Nancy.

Mark is right on all counts, re: my boyfriend and my parents having health problems (mostly my mother). I'm still around when I can be -- just more of a casual observer these days.
Hope you're doing ok, my friend.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
She moderated too right?
yes, I sent her SYW CDs/DVDs when she was in the hospital/rehabilitation center.
I think of her often and hope the music brought her some joy.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
yes, I sent her SYW CDs/DVDs when she was in the hospital/rehabilitation center.
I think of her often and hope the music brought her some joy.
me too :-)

hi Johnny Stew- good to see you and wishing your loved one's the best- hope you are doing well :-)
Old 02-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
my pleasure, it was therapeutic actually...i felt like we 'fogies' were briefly reunited at a funeral home and chatting about old friends...when i got news of V's passing it hit me with a reality that was somehow tangiable for the first time since getting online with dialup on AOL canada, eons ago...it made me realize all those former chats and exchanges were with real people, friends, not just digital connections, these were people, not just 1's and 0's...

...hey, good to 'see' you around, Lauren (your pic at your website is gone, actually the whole darned thing is gone!)...now my hesitant question (and i sure hope all worked out fine and healthy!) = you mentioned being pregnant in 08, do you have a wee one now and if so, that brings some wonderful JOY to this thread ie. V and barbara so sadly pass on, but we possibly have a new life aboard, a dear mini-Ledgie???)
I know, we "fogies" right? or like John McVie said of FM- we all end up in the old folks home- Sunrise Home or something right? I am still very saddened about V and just had no idea.....

My website is still up as far as I know? The LB one right? I checked it last week although I never have time to update it and should just take it down. I was pregnant in 05 (did I post the wrong year? I remember having Stevie Nicks tickets to Red Rocks and had to sell them that night- it was 105 degrees on the rocks and I couldn't sit out there being pregnant, was so upset!) Anyway, I have a three year old little boy whose a total joy-and a handful- LOL! Hey, I am trying to get him to like Lindsey and FM. So far he just tells me to turn off GYOW when I play it- "lower mommy"! But he loves to dance and does love music.

James- what are YOU up to these day? :-) good to hear from you!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I vote for Thai
Yum! count me in!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I believe she used "Vianna." Another wonderful person who died some years back was Barbara H.

I wonder what ever happened to Char (Charlotte), Lindsey fan extraordinaire.
Wow! I was just reading all these posts -- I used to post (on and off) to the Ledge back in the late 90s or so, back when I was in college and I had a lot of time and money to spend on FM bootlegs and stuff.... I doubt anyone remembers me; I didn't get to go to any of the FM concerts, but I did see Stevie a few times....

I remember Vianna; she traded some Christine McVie videos with me back in the 90s -- sorry to hear about her.... And I remember a Laura from California (not sure if she's the same one everyone's talking about) who used to trade all kinds of videos and tapes with me. There were a lot of people I can't recall offhand who were nice enough to trade stuff with me.... :-) (Unfortunately, the trading had to stop when my parents found out about all the packages I was getting in the mail and how much money I was spending on this stuff -- my dad thought I was going to get arrested and all that....)

But anyway, I do post occasionally on the Christine McVie board, and I do a lot of lurking..... And I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who traded with me and kept me in the loop.....

Andrea
Well let it let go of the sorrow."
--Stevie Nicks, "Juliet"
Old 02-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if this was 1997 I would be on my Apple Macintosh 6500/250 praying for a solid 28K connection, LONG DISTANCE, just so I could spend 4 hours talking to Scott, Erica, Pearl and LauraTN about things like...

1. Stevies fake boobs she keeps in the freezer next to her peas and their many practical uses. OMG. When she bumps her head she grabs one of them and uses them as an ice pack. Uses them as a stress ball when Lindsey pissed her off on the Dance tour. etc.
i remember this from the talk to me chat room back in the day.

i feel like i've seen LauraTN (BIG ASS HUGS & KISSES) on a post here and there within the last year or two.. and i think she has some lindsey videos she's made up on youtube.

i was around back then, and i do have the box of cassettes and vhs bootlegs to prove it. i'm really sorry to hear about vianna.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I remember I joined back in '98 and even back then, I felt like I had joined a little late, (I think my screen name was Alexa, since there was already an Ali) but everyone seemed to have connected over The Dance tour and unfortunately I missed out on that. Everything was so exciting back then (to me). I remember when I ordered a couple videos from the trading post and was so excited when I was able to watch them, even the ones that you could hardly see the picture, the quality was so bad. Everyone was so nice and always willing to help and I was able to build my collection up to mass amounts (all in a box in a closet today). Thanks to those many ledgies who helped me out....Luke, Hayley, blackcat, calamity, Lauren..(who, btw, I loved her website, The Man and His Music!). I still remember when Janet posted that Lindsey had a son with Kristen (based on an article found in the paper about the Lindsey complaining about the nosie at the hospital or something) Everyone was in an uproar over that because nobody even knew he had a girlfriend.

One thing I do miss about the old Ledge was the relationships and friendships people formed over the band. Maybe I just don't visit as much today, but it seems like people connected more back then. I guess it could have been because of the newness aspect of it all.

I wish I could say that I loved the band as much as I did back then, but life got in the way....I was a young college student back then, carefree, with no worries. Now I have a real life. lol. The memories have been fun! What ever happened to Rhapsody, blackcat, calamity? I remember those three always getting in little fights, usually with Rhapsody instigating..

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 02-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Junior Ledgie

I read some earlier posts in this thread and realized how many others I missed...joanne always was a joy to read and hope she is more than happy on all fronts

yes, dear calamity, blackcat...the list goes on and on...and add my best to johnnystew wishes

oh, that blackledge recap was startling stuff to read (although it definitely rang a bell), but all pretty confusing...but i guess even families and workplaces end up having black ledges....btw, michele, here seems wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I have a three year old little boy whose a total joy-and a handful- LOL! Hey, I am trying to get him to like Lindsey and FM. So far he just tells me to turn off GYOW when I play it- "lower mommy"! But he loves to dance and does love music.

James- what are YOU up to these day? :-) good to hear from you!
totally great (and funny) stuff, Lauren!
in a nutshell, I'm up to my eyeballs with a dear and curious little fella about your sons age....there's some other odds and ends but nothing else really ranks...junior taught me more about myself in 4 years than I ever learned in 4 decades....I don't plan on adding another one (or eight, lol)

I'm heading down for a little USA visit next week but far from your neck of the woods or it could be a play date, lol

this thread is packed with highs and lows...very FM-like

thanks for asking, Lauren and all the very best... jim

note:
all the youngens can now finish gagging over all this kid talk

Last edited by james; 02-22-2009 at 12:26 AM..
Old 02-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another 9 years has come and gone already? WOW

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone from the Old Gang is still lurking around.

My old chat buddies from High school... LauraTN? Eric(k?)a Muzryn (sp?), Pearl?
Old 02-09-2018, 08:02 PM

Wow, I remember all these old names..