User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think this must be the first time ever that i've seen LB's solo career being referred to as a success (as opposed to "a LB paradox" or however they called it). so nice to see it - Lindsey has really been turning opinions around in the last 6 years
I agree, and hope it continues. I often wonder how LB status as a solo artist has not (yet??) reached household-name, James Taylor-type level. Is it the hook-laden albums, heartfelt poetic lyrics, meticulous integration of voice and guitar??? Or maybe the A+ live perfs that always blow ppl away??? Jeez, this has got to be just an epic promo fail, no? Along with more esoteric pieces, every album has some radio-friendly songs that I can't believe were not huge hits. Prob has a lot to do w the music biz these days, which is too bad... BTW this is a great thread- it's hard to know where to turn to find new music and these posts have some cool stuff to check out!! thx.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from an article about Musikfest tribute band:

Lehigh Valley, August 5, 2012

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/musi..._for_fans.html

Scott McDonald, of New Jersey-based Tusk, says he knew at an early age that he wanted to play the music of Fleetwood Mac. He says he was inspired by guitarist Lindsey Buckingham after hearing the band's landmark 1977 album "Rumours" on the family turntable.

"I pretty much clicked with Lindsey Buckingham, his voice and his playing," McDonald says.

McDonald says Fleetwood Mac's less frequent touring schedule, often done in between its members' various solo projects, have not kept fans from coming to see the band. He describes Tusk show as more "theatrical."

"We've got all the hits and we'll throw in two three (lesser-known) songs," McDonald says. "That also gives us the freedom to stretch a little bit and that helps us not get overly redundant."
Old 09-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.licklibrary.com/forum2/Th...ThreadID=30723

07 Sep 2012 21:09 - Author

Hi Mike The way I practice guitar, for better or worse is that I choose an artist to emulate/rip off for a couple of months. I learn a few songs of that guitarist and then try to incorporate into my own playing. My wife loves LIndsey and so I bought your DVD. If you were going to tackle the whole DVD, in what order would you learn the songs. Met the dude a couple of weekes ago. Phenomenal player but his hands were bloody at end of performance, and he is an unusual player due to his stylistic eccentricities. Thanks in advance. Always learn a ton from watching you play.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://simianidiot.tumblr.com/post/3...sey-buckingham

SEPTEMBER 17, 2012

Forehead of the Week: Lindsey Buckingham

Totally True Confession: When I was too young to account for the lustful stirrings in my juvenile loins, I thought Lindsey Buckingham was a really sexy guy.

I didn’t know WHY I liked looking at him. In truth, he kind of scared me a little. His voice was bothersome, and the songs I knew were gloomy and troubling, but for whatever reason, the young Lindsey Buckingham, like the young David Bowie, just did it for me. Maybe I was into real skinny, moody looking dudes with prominent bulges at one point. Who knows.

Anyway, my good friend Anna Dynamite and I were talking about something or other recently, and Lindsey Buckingham came up in conversation, like he does. Anna presented the music video for “Holiday Road”, which is a song I have some familiarity with. “This is the saddest video of all time,” said Anna.

“The saddest part is that Clark is going to forget the chainsaw to cut down that giant Christmas tree,” said I, once again displaying my famously accurate memory of films.

“No,” said Anna. “The saddest part is when he forgets to untie the dog from that bumper.”

“Or when his wife stops shaving,” I replied. “Lindsey Buckingham scares the **** out of me. Always has.”

“I have a crush on him. He was wearing guyliner before anyone else. Hipster!”

And then Anna displayed a picture of Buckingham as he appears today, approximately 25 years after the last picture I saw of him was taken, and I was floored.

[good looking pic of LB from SYW era]

“Holy ****, look at that fu*king forehead,” I said. “He’s so intense and stare-y, like he has never had a lighthearted moment.”

Anna: “FACT. Lindsey Buckingham is a No Fun Zone.”

BIOU: “FACT. Lindsey Buckingham gives himself papercuts on purpose.”

Anna: “FACT. Lindsey Buckingham has never smiled. Ever.”

BIOU: “FACT. Lindsey Buckingham had a good day once. He went home and slammed his testicles in a drawer until the happy memories faded.”

As I come to the end of this post, I’m starting to realize that these FACT MARATHONS do not reflect well on Anna and me as members of the global human community or whatever, but that’s okay, because it’s a little known FACT that Anna and I are horrible people and that’s why hordes of classic rock dudes are lining up to beat the **** out of us.

Congratulations, Lindsey, you’re the forehead of the week. Go out there and punish yourself in whatever way seems best to you.

9:56AM | URL: http://tmblr.co/ZgQbJyTZB5u9

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^She doesn't know why she used to think Lindsey was attractive?

Michele
Old 10-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This is different...

Old 10-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ Haha, hm well that was interesting. Buck! Buck! Buck!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Really daft and really funny
Old 10-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Next Movie, by Brian Enk, October 23, 2012
http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/new-mo...haven-trailer/

"Open up ... everything's waiting for you!"

Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel fall in love to a Fleetwood Mac cover in the trailer for "Safe Haven," the latest screen adaptation of a Nicholas Sparks romance novel.

If you saw "The Notebook" (and we know you did) or "The Lucky One" (you probably didn't), you know the drill: A cautious courtship leads to passionate embraces before some element of danger — usually one that comes from a secret one of the characters is harboring — comes to light in time for the third act.

More specifically in the case of "Safe Haven," we get Katie (Hough), a woman who moves to a small North Carolina town in an effort to escape something (or someone) from her past. At first, she just wants to lay low as a mysterious recluse, but what young lady could ever help falling in love with a local guy who once helped save Chicago from Decepticon forces (Duhamel)? Shots of them going on romantic rowboat trips and looking hot in their bathing suits ensue.

Nicholas Sparks, you definitely know how to push all the right buttons. Push the one below to watch the trailer for "Safe Haven," which opens Feb. 8, 2013.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from an article on Tusk Wax Records:
http://londonist.com/2012/11/club-wa...s-hysteria.php

Thanks to Lindsey Buckingham, a mention of the world “Tusk” evokes images of bed-hopping, extended solos and bacchanalian excess. Fear not though elephants – your days of rock mockery are at an end. Whether or not the figures behind London’s Tusk Wax records are big Fleetwood fans or simply enjoy large mammals, they’re doing great things for turning “long in the tooth” into a term of endearment.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from The Five L's Interview with Yes Weekly

http://www.yesweekly.com/triad/artic...-pack-it-.html

By Jordan Green June 12, 2013

The dressing room at Bucked Up Super Saloon in Kernersville would seem an unlikely site for the high drama in the cosmic cycle of life and death to play out.

But it’s not as though the venue is off the map.

Lindsey Buckingham slept on this couch,” Five L’s guitar player James Hilton jokes, alluding to the rock mojo in the place, as the band assembles in the dressing room. And, indeed, the Fleetwood Mac member did play a concert here in 2012.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsay Buchanan blows your mind

Old 06-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Trouble

Old 06-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a little audio snippet from a radio show in the UK. Earlier the disc jockeys were asked to play Frozen Love and they did not know the song and did not know Lindsey's name. They knew Stevie Nicks and Buckingham and had to scramble to think of Lindsey's first name. So, then a listener wrote them and asked them how they could not know the name of a "musical genius" like Lindsey.

http://mms.tveyes.com/transcript.asp...FF8E6E0D4CD174

This is the clip where they didn't know his name:

http://mms.tveyes.com/transcript.asp...77391E40B032FF
Old 07-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from Zicos INTERVIEW: Jeff Sahyoun of letlive.

http://en.zicos.com/proaudio/i294229...f-letlive.html

[Don't say "oddly enough" dude]

Friday July 5, 2013. 04:06 AM , from I Heart Guitar

What about favourite players? Who are your guys?

I definitely look up to John Mayer. I’ve been on a John Mayer run for the last few months, actually. I like his finger technique. Jack White, Matt Bellamy from Muse, Tom Morello of course. And oddly enough, Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac.

Oh totally! I was listening to his solo album Out of the Cradle recently, and I read that on the tour for that album he had something like four other guitarists on stage, in order to play all the overdubs live.
Yep! I love it!
My dad introduced me to him when I was younger. And Jack White, I have a similar style of making an instrument out of anything I can build. Y’know, I get my influences from nerding out my guitar and building things here and there from Tom Morello and Matt Bellamy. Putting pedals and whatever I can into the body of my guitar to take the weight off my feet. Those are my main guys.