Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope the latter is how it plays out. Stevie and Mick love being in the spotlight, over being creative.

I'd give anything for another BV album and tour. They were clearly so happy and relaxed during this last project. THAT'S how your career should end!
It's so clear they only are doing this because of the money.

I'm so tired of that crap. Bring on BuckVie!! Let Stevie and Mick do selfie museums and such. They love themselves, just ask them.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

I'm so tired of that crap. Bring on BuckVie!! Let Stevie and Mick do selfie museums and such. They love themselves, just ask them.
Absolutely.

They are both drama queens, wanting the spotlight more than anything else.

BuckVie to the end!!!!!
Old 01-21-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Absolutely.

They are both drama queens, wanting the spotlight more than anything else.

BuckVie to the end!!!!!
I give Mick Credit. He's been doing the blues band and it's quite good. They have a live album that's pretty decent.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I give Mick Credit. He's been doing the blues band and it's quite good. They have a live album that's pretty decent.

It is a great LIVE album. If we can't get the 5 together for a final album I will take the side projects and the reissues........Its better then NO new music.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
It is a great LIVE album. If we can't get the 5 together for a final album I will take the side projects and the reissues........Its better then NO new music.
Yeah, I liked it a lot. Great music.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope the latter is how it plays out. Stevie and Mick love being in the spotlight, over being creative.

I'd give anything for another BV album and tour. They were clearly so happy and relaxed during this last project. THAT'S how your career should end!

I think that after so many failed attempts to woo Stevie, Lindsey finally gave up on the idea of a new FM album and started enjoying his music and his project with Christine. Like you said, he was happy and relaxed at the end, and he was sad to see it coming to an end. Now he wants more BuckVie and he probably can't wait for the FM tour to end, before it even started!

Quote:

Yes, all of them are doing it for the money, except maybe John and Christine.

Stevie and Mick have loved themselved their whole lives. They were always connected by their self adoration. Selfie museums! Haha!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Yes, all of them are doing it for the money, except maybe John and Christine.
Oh, they love the money as much as the rest of them. Christine mentions shopping or “retail therapy” in a lot of interviews, and as someone who doesn’t have songwriting royalties coming in, John embraces the live tours. But you’re right: they don’t seem as nakedly motivated to make big money as Mick or Stevie. Or maybe they’re just better at hiding that?

Of the five, I got the impression Lindsey was the least money-motivated of all them but that he is using his “big machine” money to finance his “little machine” projects.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She used to stay up to all hours of the morning taking pictures of herself! LOL LOL
Old 01-22-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
She used to stay up to all hours of the morning taking pictures of herself! LOL LOL
That is hilarious.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With Tom Petty's passing I've got two scenarios going through my head...

Tom's death makes Stevie reflect on the finite-ness of life and draws her towards making a last Fleetwood Mac album.

Stevie makes an album with The Heartbreakers- a tribute to her great friend and thus fulfilling her long wish to be a Heartbreaker.

Quite probably neither, but I'm wondering which is more likely at this moment in time???

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-23-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

Tom's death makes Stevie reflect on the finite-ness of life and draws her towards making a last Fleetwood Mac album.

Stevie makes an album with The Heartbreakers- a tribute to her great friend and thus fulfilling her long wish to be a Heartbreaker.

Quite probably neither, but I'm wondering which is more likely at this moment in time???

I see a Fleetwood Mac album before any kind of heartbreakers tribute release.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

As you said, none of them will probably happen, but if I have to choose one, definitely the album with The Heartbreakers... if they ever want to make a tribute album with her.

I don't think any life changing situation (not even with someone from FM) will make her go back to the studio to make a final album. Besides, I don't think she will be asked again once this tour is over.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.