Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Something I think is important to remember is in the Destiny Rules documentary, a similar board is shown. Some of the songs on that board did not end up making the final setlist for the Say You Will tour. So I wouldn't bet he house on what we're seeing in this picture.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
- If your going to do SOTM again, do it right with the full guitar solo as well and more of the musical interlude that they had going on during the mirage tour. It needs that sense of suspense and build up to make it work. Last year it came across like a rehearsal run-through.

-Sara - bring back those beautiful guitar arpeggios that frame the song so beautifully.

- HOLD ME - come on, it's 2014 there is no reason why that song can't be done live complete with all the cool sound effects which could be programmed on Brett's keyboard.

YES YES and YES!

Good point on the technology. 100% agreed on SOTM and Sara. I blame Lindsey.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm proud of them for keeping SOTM and hope it improves over last year. From it's position in the power trio of songs, I would think they intend to rock it up.

Michele
Old 09-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
- Bring back the awesome solo during Rhiannon done on the Mirage tour!!.
MIRAGE TOUR??? bleck!

Let's go all out & bring back the 1975 arrangement!!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think some songs on the board will be moved around, some added, perhaps some taking away. The Chain will probably remain the opener.

I'm surprised with all the attention "Seven Wonders" got from the AHS episode they are not considering attempting to work that into the set list.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
It gets LOTS of radio play. So yea it's a hit doesn't have to be a single.
Don't see landslide.
Yes, it is a very well known song that still gets plenty of spins on AC and Classic Rock format radio stations. Back in the day when CHR radio wasn't about "radio deals" and "pay for play" often times Dj's would play the "B" sides of singles because either they really liked the song or the demand was there from request or record sales, or the program director fancied the song.

Today the state of Top 40 radio is so corrupt and only "pushed" singles get any airplay. The only way you would hear a "B" side track or deep cut today on CHR is if they were broadcasting a live concert event.

As for your statement, the casual listener would probably consider most of the Rumours Album to contain hit songs. Even though there was just shy of a handful of singles, many of the songs found their way to radio. In fact, at one point or another I think I've heard every single song from the album either studio cut or live track played on radio. That is pretty impressive.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
MIRAGE TOUR??? bleck!

Let's go all out & bring back the 1975 arrangement!!
By the Mirage Tour the guitar solo and the keys got a bit sloppy compared to the 1975/6 version.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What I wonder is how easy it will be to juggle old with new in the set when the album comes out in 2015. If anything they'll probably find themselves having to devote the whole second half to playing Rumours beginning to end.

I love the 75 and 77 stuff as much as anyone but so much great stuff from Tango needs including. Tango itself would sound so awesome live and When I See You Again would work well as an acoustic duet. And stuff Everywhere - give me Little Lies anyday.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm actually excited to hear Silver Springs with Christine. I have always thought of all songs they have done without Christine, that one has suffered the most. Her voice was sorely missed on the chorus, her voice added a sense of warmth that has been lacking in that song for the past 15 years.

If I had to choose between Silver Springs and Sara, the choice would definitely be Sara. Christine's piano riff is amazing.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Based on what we can see all I can say is what a disappointment but yet I am not surprised. Second Hand News, I Know I'm Not Wrong, Tusk, Sisters of The Moon etc are lazy choices. I really think based on what we see that Stevie is likely not going to be doing anything rare this time out likely due to her recording that album and not having allot of rehearsal time (In her opinion). If they really do not want to become a lounge act they are going about it the wrong way. Even though Christine is back they just toured with almost the same set list last year so I think they are making a mistake by not really revamping the show.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottabam View Post
I think some songs on the board will be moved around, some added, perhaps some taking away. The Chain will probably remain the opener.

I'm surprised with all the attention "Seven Wonders" got from the AHS episode they are not considering attempting to work that into the set list.
Do you think Stevie is intimidated about singing "Seven Wonders?"

It's very likely Sara is in the set, as well as Gypsy.

Also, Brown Eyes and Oh Daddy from Christine.

Glad it looks like Stand Back is out! How come nobody has commented on that?!?!? It's gone!!!!!!!!!!

But totally agree with Nicks Fan. The setlist should be revamped. I hope the music critics come out with steak knives this time...they've been getting too many free passes.

Last edited by bethelblues; 09-12-2014 at 02:54 PM..
Old 09-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly. Remember when SYW came out and Lindsey was bashing the Eagles for resting on their laurels when they had their new CD to promote and yet here we are in 2014 and that is exactly what FM is doing. Sure Chris is back but if the only deep cuts are from her and the best Lindsey can muster is to swap NTF for IKINW then that shows that they are clearly not interested in doing anything for the true fans.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart

Regarding the complaints about modern Sara, I couldn't disagree more. I feel in the 21st century, they have finally gotten the pacing right so that the song doesn't just drag on.

In that vein, I hope they fix Brown Eyes in the same manner. Early live takes of the song were just plain dull, but the bluesy guitar that was added for the Tango tour totally fixed that. Obviously Lindsey won't be adding any slide guitar parts, so how will he ratchet this song up a notch?

Before I get people upset, it's worth mentioning both Sara & Brown Eyes are at the top of my list of all time favorite songs. Not just Stevie, Chris, or even Fleetwood Mac songs... but songs, period. But just because they're stunning on an album, doesn't mean they transfer to the stage well, especially in their early days.

Count me as shocked Sisters is being considered for this tour. It felt rushed & often shaky on the last tour... I'm hoping they'll rework the song with Christine returning. This song deserves a second touring chance... it really should be Stevie's signature live piece.

Regarding Lindsey's Mirage era guitar solos, I *LOVE* those. Yes, they are sloppy, but they're so ROCK. They're flawed, they're crazy, wild, and passionate. You can totally hear the disintegration of the band in them. Yes, the '75 & '77 versions of Rhiannon were far tighter and more technically impressive, there's something about the tone of Lindsey's guitar playing during the Mirage era that was just so epic.

Regarding Seven Wonders, yes, I'd have to believe she'd be reticent to tackle that one live, which is a shame. I think it could be reworked & very much pulled off.

Add me to the chorus of those wanting Hold Me!
Old 09-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My bet is they perform Sisters of the Moon exactly the same as the last tour.

Could Lindsey be the one really holding the group back for their concerts? He plays the same songs, alternating for every other tour. Very interesting that he outwardly criticized the Eagles, who let it be known play 27 songs for their concerts.

With Stevie MIA and time limited, they probably didn't even attempt to get Little Lies, Isn't It Midnight, Hold Me, Love In Store, Why, Sisters of the Moon (done right), alternate guitar solos...just take the easy road to the $$$$. Mick has mouths to feed.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No spoilers for me.Same as previews.

I'm staying out of this thread until the first show.Seeya later.LOL................

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016