User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Oh, right. Heaven forbid anyone should confuse you with all them gays on the Ledge. You're better than them.
Nope, not where I was coming from on that, at all.

Just being factual; and, just being proactive...you KNOW that there'd probably be a poll on whether the guys here are straight, gay or bi eventually...just documenting that now to save time later.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: I am 19 this month
When you became a fan: 1997, but became a hard core fan last year.
How you became a fan: Listened to/watched the Dance, became obsessed with Stevie & Lindsey's performance of 'Silver Springs.' Also watching Christine sing 'Everywhere.' That whole damn CD/DVD did it for me.
First 3 FM songs: That we ever liked? It was definitely Everywhere, The Chain & Rhiannon.
First FM vocalist: Christine...hence 'Everywhere' My first favorite Mac song!!
Favorite FM Time Period: White Album -Tango In the Night (1975-1987), The Dance - Unleashed Tour(1997-2009.)
Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Stevie - 40%, Christine - 40%, Lindsey - 20%.
Concerts you've attended: None :'(
FM stuff you own: DVDS: The Dance, Destiny Rules, Rumours. CD's: Tango In The Night, Rumours, The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac, Greatest Hits, The Dance, That's about it., there might be a few more laying around..
Favorite thing about FM: There songs all sound different, & they're hotties.
Least favorite thing about FM: That Christine is MIA.
Are you the same fan your where when you started: Pretty much. I don't change much. Once in my heart, always in my heart.
Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: I don't really have one. I guess just Stevie, Lindsey, Chris, John & Mick. But that ship has sailed/.
You wish for the future of the Mac: They keep rocking my world. Or that they make another album soon! [/QUOTE]

Last edited by TerraRhiannon; 01-06-2011 at 10:26 PM..
Old 01-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post

Least favorite thing about FM: Bekka
I didn't even think of that..
Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Age Range: 35

When you became a fan: 1986ish

How you became a fan: Hearing Tango Era songs on the radio, Stevie solo

First 3 FM songs: Seven Wonders, Big Love, Isn't It Midnight

First FM vocalist: Stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: Rumours-Mirage

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 40% Stevie; 20% Lindsey; 35% Chris, 5% Bob

Concerts you've attended: Say You Will, Time and 2 Stevie solo shows

FM stuff you own: All Rumours Era albums, Mystery To Me, Kiln House,

Favorite thing about FM: The bands uniqueness, it has something for everyone, ability to display every human emotion into their lyrics and stage shp

Least favorite thing about FM: Long periods of inactivity, I'm greedy always leave you wanting more.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No, more obsessed

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: The five from the Rumours line-up.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Same as cliffdweller: To put out a new album of NEW material with Chris and a tour featuring new songs and obscure material either never or rarely done live. Release all the video tapes recorded through out their career.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: over 30

When you became a fan: 1997, see Regina's post, pretty similar story here.

How you became a fan: VH1, although I'd heard them over the years I didn't put it all together until The Dance.

First 3 FM songs: Gypsy, Go Your Own Way, Say You Love Me

First FM vocalist: Lindsey/Stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: White Album-Mirage, and The Dance because it was all new to me.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 40% Stevie; 40% Lindsey; 20% Chris

Concerts you've attended: Fleetwood Mac-SYW (2) and Unleashed(2); Lindsey-Soundstage taping, UTS tour(3), GOS tour(1); Stevie-Enchanted(1), TISL(1), Gold Dust(1), Crystal Visions(1), whatever the one after was called(1).

FM stuff you own: Lots of vinyl (favorite my gatefold of BN), CD's, DVD's, posters, shirts, Lindsey guitar pic, key-chains, tambourine, and I'm sure a lot of crap I'm forgetting.

Favorite thing about FM: The three songwriters of the Rumours era bringing such diverse songs together, but making it work on albums, and of course their harmonies. Lindsey's amazing guitar skills, Stevie's magic for lack of a better word, Christine's smoothness.

Least favorite thing about FM: No Christine.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: I'm a lot older! Seeing them live is still a thrill for me.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: The five from the Rumours line-up, plus Bob and Peter.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Same as cliffdweller: To put out a new album of NEW material with Chris and a tour featuring new songs and obscure material either never or rarely done live. Release all the video tapes recorded through out their career. Ditto, again.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age-25
Gender-Male
Became A Fan-In 97
How I became a fan-Seeing The Dance
First 3 songs-Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Don't Stop
First Vocalist-Lindsey
Favorite Era-The entire Welch Era
Vocal percentage-Ekk...numbers
Concerts attended-Zip
FM Stuff I own-Every album, The Dance and Boston DVD'S, An Old Mirage VHS. Shirts
Favorite thing-The Harmonies, The Songwriting, The song arrangements
Least Favorite Thing-Peter Green
Are you The Same fan-No.....I'm Sick of the Rumours Era...over Exposure.
All Time Dream Line Up-Lindsey, Bob, Chris, John, Mick....Sorry Stevie fans
Wish for the future-Bring Welch back..Shake it up somehow or disband.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 01-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: Almost an adult for half my life

When you became a fan: Some level always been aware of their music, always had the Greatest Hits and then the Dance as my go-to music, but truly entered the hardcore fandom about 2 years ago.

How you became a fan: Listening to the Greatest Hits album in my teens and saying, "This is by Fleetwood Mac?" to half the songs.

First 3 FM songs: Go Your Own Way, Rhiannon, Dreams

First FM vocalist: Stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: Anything but the early 90s.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 45% Stevie, 35% Lindsey, 20% Christine

Concerts you've attended: Unleashed - 4

FM stuff you own: CDs, DVDs, shot glass

Favorite thing about FM: There music is timeless. I adore the fact that music originally targeted for an older generation resonates so deeply with me. And that it continues to inspire people more than half my age.

Least favorite thing about FM: Time between album releases.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Oh god no. Just ask my friend who got the crash course in all things FM/SN/LB on a 3 hour car drive to Stevie's concert last summer. I could start my own FM University.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Full Rumours lineup

You wish for the future of the Mac: That they want to record and tour because they are still passionate about their craft and playing together, not just to pad their bank accounts. And I want to see Stevie and Lindsey write FM songs together.

That's all folks...
Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Junior Ledgie

Age Range: 20

When you became a fan: I became a casual fan at about 5 or 6 years old, but a hardcore fan at 19...

How you became a fan: In '96 or 7 (shortly before their reunion concert) my mom would constantly play their 1988 Greatest Hits on our cd player and turned it up loud so that the whole household could hear it! (This was during a much simpler, and happier time in my life before things became difficult. Thanks to my mom, I've always had an emotional and sentimental fondness for, and an attachment to many of the songs on this cd, particularly "Rhiannon" because I relate it to my childhood). Anywho, if I remember right, The Dance began it's daily rotation on a local tv station when I was 6, and after seeing bits and pieces of it I put 2 and 2 together, realizing that this was the band on my mom's cd. I recognized many of the songs they played, and was finally able to put faces to the voices I had heard on their Greatest Hits (though it would be a while longer before I learned the band's name, and even longer before I learned the names of the individuals in the band ). I recognized Stevie's voice immediately, and she looked as wonderful as she sounded on my mom's cd. I remember being in awe of her for whatever reason...probably the long blond hair? I liked Christine because we both played piano, Lindsey reminded me of my older brother, and Mick's weird faces made me laugh. From then on, I enjoyed listening to them from time to time growing up, but didn't become *obsessed* until "Landslide" caught my attention, and, wanting to hear more of Stevie, I started listening to my step-dads old FM records and...I just couldn't stop. I'm very thankful to have been brought up listening to them.

First 3 FM songs: "Rhiannon", "Everywhere", "Big Love"

First FM vocalist: Stevie Nicks, now it's Chris......

Favorite FM Time Period: Rumours! I know...so typical.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Lindsey 10%, Stevie 20%, Christine 60%, Welch 10%

Concerts you've attended: None ...I'd give an arm and a leg to go back in time...

FM stuff you own: TITN, Rumours, Tusk, Live 1980, and Behind the Mask on vinyl, "Save Me" on 45, Rumours delux on cd

Favorite thing about FM: They can do no wrong musically....ever....

Least favorite thing about FM: The big empty hole that formed when Chris left, one which can only be filled by her presence :..(

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Definitely not. Stevie was my favorite from when I was a small child up until recently. Now Chris occupies that spot...her songwriting has continually inspired me in my own journey of studying and playing piano... Her style is so unique and beautiful.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: A giant reunion concert, consisting of the full Rumours lineup, and other former members, the FM family (Vito, Burnett, Green, Spencer, Welch, Bramlett etc.) making special appearances on different songs throughout.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Comeback Chris! FM needs you!

Last edited by thinkaboutme90; 01-07-2011 at 07:05 AM..
Old 01-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When you became a fan: January 2006

How you became a fan: Found Disc 2 of the Very Best of In my CD player, it was my sister's... Played it and Voila!

First 3 FM songs: The Chain, Gypsy and Seven Wonders (I skipped the others )

First FM vocalist: The Trio of Harmony that is perfection!

Favorite FM Time Period:
1974-Now (minus Time)

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 50% Stevie, 35% Christine, 15% Lindsey (See Also Chiffon Head)

Concerts you've attended:
Just one Unleashed- Sydney

FM stuff you own: CDs, all 12" extended mixes on vinyl, all albums on Vinyl except Time of course. An awesome Big Love picture disc etc.

Favorite thing about FM: That Magic that they just seemlessly create I don't know how to describe it completely but I always think Mystical Rock/Pop.

Least favorite thing about FM: Constant reference to Rumours. (we get it, it was a great album, there was emotional turmoil - Boo Whoo) Reliance on success from OVER THIRTY YEARS AGO! And lack of good time management.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Hell No, I'm much more insane than I was 5 years ago, and I enjoy every moment of it, shame about the people around me.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Lindsey and Stevie with a little more vocal strength and fire, and Christine to drop the wine bottle and rejoin the band. And Mick and John as their reliable selves.

You wish for the future of the Mac: That if we do get another album, It will be much more of a Fleetwood Mac album than SYW, that was more like two solo albums spliced together featuring John and Mick.

I say go back to Sausalito - Stevie get your ass into Sly Stone's Studio and Lindsey cut it with the big words and "Deep and Multi-layered ness" that you should save for your Solo stuff, Make us some real FLEETWOOD MAC MAGIC again!

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 01-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvasprings View Post
How you became a fan: Found Disc 2 of the Very Best of In my CD player, it was my sister's... Played it and Voila!
That's interesting!
I remember circa 1981 my brother was watching TV and he exclaimed when they showed Sara live video. I payed attention and liked the song, though not became a fan until I found the Gypsy video by myself in 1982.

By the way, how old is your sister, is she a fan?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 22

When you became a fan: 2006

How you became a fan: Well my parents had The Dance CD so I knew the songs from being played in the background in the house. Then they used to play it in the car but I'd always stick earphones in and listen to my own music. Then I started listening to ISA (which fit my Heavy Metal music taste at the time). Then I saw Rumours in the January sales 2006, bought it and got hooked.

First 3 FM songs
: I'm So Afraid, Second Hand News, Go Your Own Way.

First FM vocalist
: Lindsey.

Favorite FM Time Period
: If I'd to pick one album/tour combo it'd be Tusk.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: I mostly listen to their albums in one go (not going for individual tracks) so between Stevie, Lindsey and Chris it's about equal plus a good dose of Peter, Bob and Danny. But if we're including solo stuff then it's 80% Lindsey, 20% "the rest" since I listen to his solo stuff more than I listen to the Mac.

Concerts you've attended: 2 Unleashed (Dublin) and 3 Lindsey GOS (LA, San Diego and back to LA).

FM stuff you own: Mostly just the music. CDs and a few vinyl.

Favorite thing about FM: The songs and the fact that they always seemed to get great songwriters since the start.

Least favorite thing about FM: Reliance on Rumours and reluctance to shake up the set list too much.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: I've moved to being more of a Lindsey solo fan than a Mac fan. I'd maybe rather have more of his solo stuff than a Mac album since I'm not keen on Stevie's voice anymore even though I think she can still write some kick-ass songs.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Men of the Mac tour - Lindsey, John and Mick but I'd be more than happy if they added Bob.

You wish for the future of the Mac: At least one more album but one that isn't neutered in a desire to make it more commercial because of the perception of SYW (think Mirage after Tusk).
Old 01-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

seems as though the Dance really brought in a lot of Fleetwood Mac fans
Old 01-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 45

When you became a fan: 1976.

How you became a fan:
I was aware of them around 1975, heard Rhiannon, Albatross, Oh Well and The Green Manalishi, and was interested because those song all were so different. Was that One Band??? I became hooked the minute I heard Go Your Own Way on the radio. In 1977 I was 12 and I bought my brothers copy of Rumours, because he was sick of it; “you hear that album all day long on the radio”, he said. Between Rumours and Tusk I discovered The Green-era and The Welch-era and started to buy the albums very slow. When I heard Tusk, I was flabbergasted, But after four months of listening to that album I was inspired by it for the rest of my life.

First 3 FM songs: favourite three? I Know I’m Not Wrong, Oh Well, I’m So Afraid.

First FM vocalist:
Favourite vocalist? Peter Green.

Favorite FM Time Period: Tie between Tusk-era and Then Play On-era.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Impossible, I listen to albums, mostly Tusk, Then Play On, and than the rest.

Concerts you've attended:
Missed june 1980 unfortunately at the last minute, but I attended:
2x Tango 1988 (Germany, Netherlands)
1x Stevie solo OSOTM 1989 (Rotterdam)
2x Behind The Mask 1990 (Germany, Netherlands)
1x Time 1994 (Groningen)
4x SYW 2003 (OKC, Dallas, Oberhausen, London)
4x Lindsey GOS solo (Reading, Atlantic City, Northampton, Ridgefield)
2x Unleashed (Germany, Netherlands)

FM stuff you own:
All the music, except Time. CDs and a lot of vinyl.

Favorite thing about FM:
The rhythm section that survived so much tension. And the fact that they proceeded to make quality music through all those decades. And that Lindsey raised my musical taste.
Least favorite thing about FM: The fact that they never went through with the mindset that Tusk started: indiepop in stead of radiopop. And the fact that mostly everyone know them from Little Lies, Everywhere, Family Man, Say You Love Me and Don’t Stop and not from Brown Eyes, Sisters Of The Moon, I’m So Afraid, World Turning, Come, Storms, Beautiful Child, Not That Funny etcetera etcetera.

Are you the same fan you were when you started:
I was in love with Stevie in 1977, fell in love with Lindsey’s music and art in 1979. I've moved to being more of a Lindsey solo fan than a Mac fan. I'd maybe rather have more of his solo stuff than a Mac album since I'm not keen on Stevie's voice anymore even though I think she can still write some kick-ass songs.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen:
Men of the Mac tour - Lindsey, John and Mick but I'd be more than happy if they added Peter and/or Bob and/or Danny. .

You wish for the future of the Mac:
At MOST one more album but one that isn't neutered in a desire to make it more commercial because of the perception of SYW (think Mirage after Tusk).
And I hope it will be produced by Buckingham in cooperation with Jack White or Jim O’Rourke.
And Buck and Nicks should build up the tracks together.

And then a sling of Buckingham solothings. With John and Mick collaborations.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
You wish for the future of the Mac:[/B]
At MOST one more album but one that isn't neutered in a desire to make it more commercial because of the perception of SYW (think Mirage after Tusk).
And I hope it will be produced by Buckingham in cooperation with Jack White or Jim O’Rourke.
Either of those two would make for some sweet collaborations. Lindsey and Jack White could make for a very raw, ferocious guitar driven masterpiece. Lindsey and Jim O'Rourke could put together a really interesting, quirky experimental piece. I love it!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
Either of those two would make for some sweet collaborations. Lindsey and Jack White could make for a very raw, ferocious guitar driven masterpiece. Lindsey and Jim O'Rourke could put together a really interesting, quirky experimental piece. I love it!
I can really dream about that very raw, ferocious guitar driven masterpiece
you talk about. Well put. I KNOW that Lindsey wants to collaborate with him too, I talked about it when I met him. And I really think he has it in him. One big album of twelve hallucinating weird rocktracks. (but I must admit that I'm hearing Mick and John on that too....) But somehow he's doesn't look like the initiative-taker in this one.....