Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Mention of Stevie at the Limelight

I just saw the movie Party Monster about the NY clubkids. The owner of the Limelight, Peter Gatien, was interesting to me and I looked up an article about him dated 2002....to my amazement, there was this mention of Stevie:

He says he wants to keep his lips sealed—“I don’t want to dish too much”—but it takes only a little encouragement for him to allow himself to indulge in gossipy memories of better times. One night, a singer whom Gatien will only describe as “Mr. Goody Two-shoes, a clean-cut, all-American boy,” came into the Limelight with Stevie Nicks—a rock star whose cocaine addiction had her snorting her way to the Betty Ford Center by 1986. “And when I tell you ‘ripped,’” Gatien laughs, “their noses were just watering.” Another celeb “came in totally messed up. He went to the bathroom barfing, his shirt hanging out with barf all over it. Totally out of his mind.” And then there was the celebrity who came in with her date and “literally started to have sex on the couch,” Gatien says, “to the point where security had to come over and tell them to stop.”
http://www.canadianbusiness.com/xta-...ver/49078.html
Old 02-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the link. I wonder who Stevie was with?
Old 02-21-2004, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by golden braid
Thanks for the link. I wonder who Stevie was with?
"Mr. Goody Two-Shoes"? "Clean-cut, All-American Boy"?
Could've been Kenny Loggins!

It's funny though that Peter Gatien's sense of decorum prevented him from mentioning the guy's name, but didn't stop him from mentioning Stevie by name.

But then, that could be because of the fact that she speaks openly about her drug addictions, so it's really no secret.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 02-21-2004 at 10:15 PM..
Old 02-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

As I think about it, I actually have a question that could relate to this.
Does anyone know if Stevie and John Denver were friends?

I don't recall ever hearing any kind of connection between the two, but Stevie has said that "I Miss You" was written about a "famous friend" who died while Fleetwood Mac was on the 'Dance' tour.

Now, the only two famous musicians I can think of who died during the 'Dance' tour, are John Denver (October 12th) and Michael Hutchence (November 22nd).

Either could be a possibility for the inspiration behind "I Miss You" (wasn't it once rumoured that Michael Hutchence and Stevie planned to record a song together, circa 1989?), but John Denver would definitely fit with Peter Gatien's description of the "Mr. Goody Two-shoes, clean-cut, All-American boy" accompanying Stevie, and his death could be the reason Mr. Gatien declined to name him.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 02-21-2004 at 10:44 PM..
Old 02-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lord - children - I partied at The Limelight a few times around 1986 and let me tell you, I was young, the place was hot, and the drugs were EVERYWHERE. I saw a few stars there (Joan Rivers being one of them - although it could have been a drag queen ), but never Stevie. I have a few unsketchy memories of the place of of which was being loaded out of my skull and dancing with my wild, wild friend Brigitte to some re-mix of "I Can't Wait" where the Priest would stand to do the Service - the Limelight is an old Cathedral in Manhattan. I was like lightening is going to strike me dead right here and now Fortunately - it did not not.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Could "Mr. Clean Cut , goody two shoes, all American" have been Rick Nelson? The reason I ask is because I was thinking about the lyrics to the end of Freedom, "poor little fool" and it was one of Rick Nelson's biggest hits. So I wonder if it could have been him. His parents were Ozzie and Harriet after all and the description fits him perfectly.