The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I could be totally wrong so chime in with your thoughts. Is it me or was Landslide in Columbus one of the best in a long time? I've been highly critical of recent landslide performances - however on this night it sounded nearly as effortless and perfect as the dance performance. No straining or stretching to hit the higher notes etc...

I'm sure the vocal really benefited from the fact that it was the first night of the tour and she probably rested her voice for the prior 48 hours or so.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I could be totally wrong so chime in with your thoughts. Is it me or was Landslide in Columbus one of the best in a long time? I've been highly critical of recent landslide performances
I found it to be dull and lifeless. The last 2 times she performed it in Connecticut it was alive and kicking and the audience showed appreciation by repeatedly stomping on the floor during our applause.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Yeah, I think originally it was Don who was singing and undoing the laces
I always thought it was Don too, especially because he was the one who sang the demos of Leather & Lace with her in 1975. But with Stevie one never knows. Mick doesn't have to be a singer to end up singing to his lover. I sing to people all the time and more than a few of them have advised me not to give up my day job.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I always thought it was Don too, especially because he was the one who sang the demos of Leather & Lace with her in 1975. But with Stevie one never knows. Mick doesn't have to be a singer to end up singing to his lover. I sing to people all the time and more than a few of them have advised me not to give up my day job.
I feel like Stevie actually said it was Don somewhere, but I don't care enough to go look lol. Don was singing, undoing the laces, and building a house.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I think originally it was Don who was singing and undoing the laces. But for the purpose of this tour/performance, Lindsey gets the honors.
I've heard that line was about JD Souther.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

my really crappy sounding Sad Angel recording -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

... and even crappier SOTM showing LB not doing any good guitar licks -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel like Stevie actually said it was Don somewhere, but I don't care enough to go look lol. Don was singing, undoing the laces, and building a house.
I don't know anything about the laces, but she definitely said the house part was about him, because Don said how he was building a house at the time in the same interview where he was talking about her being pregnant. She agreed that the house line was him.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the house was him and the Dark Wing was Mick. She said that everyone thinks the song is about them, including her friend Sara, and she just lets them think it. But she said it was about the whole band. I think several people probably get a verse.

Michele
Old 04-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Mick doesn't have to be a singer to end up singing to his lover. I sing to people all the time and more than a few of them have advised me not to give up my day job.
If you're going to sing, you should probably do it to people who aren't themselves professional singers. As if the thought of Mick couldn't be any more of a turn off than to imagine him singing.

Michele