User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

If anybody does go give em a listem keep in mind they are posted backwards and the first is the last song--last song being the first

Can't Wait!!!!!!
Thanks for the info. I didn't know the names except for the 3 I recognized.

As for buying the CD - of course I will buy it.

When he did Soundstage I bought 4 copies from PBS . and sent 3 to friends.
When he did UTS, I bought 5 one for each ticket I bought and an autographed one at the venue, (plus I gained another friend )
When he did the Bass - I bought 6 and sent 5 to Europeans friends. and gained another friend
Come September, I guess I am in for 7 copies... and now, I gotta go find me another new friend.

(Bad habit of mine...I buy my friends --- with Lindsey Buckingham music.)

Last edited by Betsy; 08-06-2008 at 04:56 PM..
Old 08-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

i dont know guys, im not convinced this is our final product. a few of those songs sound very demo-esque. the ones we all know are exact, unaltered versions of the ones we've had for years. im holding off judgement until the 16th.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 View Post
i dont know guys, im not convinced this is our final product. a few of those songs sound very demo-esque. the ones we all know are exact, unaltered versions of the ones we've had for years. im holding off judgement until the 16th.
I agree... the quality might be bad... but these sound incomplete in eq and mix...
Old 08-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Listened to them all and found myself most excited by... the three I already know. But I'm going to give them all another spin and see how I feel about the other ones. I am liking what I hear though.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 View Post
Then again, Under the Skin sounded that way to me too.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad to hear that everyone feels the same way about these clips as I do.

If these are the final versions, I'm afraid I might be a little disappointed in this "more rocking" effort.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 08-06-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
I'm glad to hear that everyone feels the same way about these clips as I do.

If these are the final versions, I'm afraid I might be a little disappointed in this "more rocking" effort.
I just don't get it... He said he wanted to rock more as a Quartet w/ Mac (sans McVie)... and now on his own he's never really shown me that "masculine" force he's preached about... I haven't seen it since.. Tango... and OOTC

Live is a different story of course... but his music in the studio from SYW to UTS.. to me has been sort of vanilla and light...
Old 08-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gee....people are worked up here today....Some clown releases some badly ripped song samples and everyone starts making half-witted judgments. How come? Nothing better to do? I love the it is not rocking enough complaining. What were you all expecting? Except for a couple of tunes, how much hard rock has Lindsey ever done in his career, particularly on record? It just not what this man does and when he does do it, I don't think he does it all that well. Come, on record, never did it for me. A nicely constructed solo, but constructed is the key word there. Live it works for me better. I just think some peoples personal desires got in front of what would realistically be produced by this artist. I will wait for the CD before I make an opinion on the music I am hearing. I for one am hoping for an album of well crafted, well sung songs, suitably recorded and mixed, that sound like good Lindsey Buckingham tunes.

Last edited by John Run; 08-06-2008 at 09:08 PM..
Old 08-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Gee....people are worked up here today....Some clown releases some badly ripped song samples and everyone starts making half-witted judgments. How come? Nothing better to do? I love this, it is not rocking enough complaining. What were you all expecting? Except for a couple of tunes, how much hard rock has Lindsey ever done in his career, particularly on record? It just not what this man does and when he does do it, I don't think he does it all that well. Come, on record, never did it for me. A nicely constructed solo, but constructed is the key word there. Live it works for me better. I just think some peoples personal desires got in front of what would realistically be produced by this artist. I will wait for the CD before I make an opinion on the music I am hearing. I for one am hoping for an album of well crafted, well sung songs, suitbaly recorded and mixed, that sound like good Lindsey Buckingham tunes.
Here here!

You echoed an earlier post of mine.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

actually, I think, I might just buy this one ...I quite like what little we hear and I'm really pleased he left those 3 songs that we already knew, on there! I do agree that the high whispering has to go though, I'd rather hear a harder normal 50yr old something singing voice any day! (or maybe studio tweaked to sound younger if necessary). Sounds good to me so far though, encouraging!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I somehow have missed Shuffle Riff all these years, cause I've known GOS and Right Place To Fade forever but never downloaded Shuffle Riff. That was by far my favorite clip too, Shuffle Riff. I'm so glad now I've never heard it cause its actually going to be a new song to me, completely by mistake but thats fine with me.

And so far i'm in the best 3 songs are Wear You Down, Gift of Screws and Right Place to Fade. It's not even that they're actually rocking, even though they are. For me it's that they're not that danmed quick sped up guitar over a whispered vocal **** that he's re wrote about 20 times the past decade. I really like Bel Air Rain a lot, and I have to say its probably his BEST fast picked guitar song to date, but about 3 other songs just sound like Blah Not Too Lates, especially Time Precious Time.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Ledgie

I never had the priviledge of listening to Deep Dense so I couldn't tell ya sorry to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I just want the pleasure of being surprised when I get the album.

No "Deep Dense"?
Old 08-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Ledgie

Looks like YouTube has pulled the sound bites.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

thats a blessing in disguise. just dont take what the clips were to have been the finished product. they certainly were not!

Old 08-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll bet any money that they were the finished product. They were just badly recorded so that the levels were all out of whack.