Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2004, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Robin Givens

I always felt she was getting a raw deal back when Baba Wawa called her the most hated woman in America. The press made her out to be this greedy, manipulative thing. She was married to Tyson and the public felt bad for HIM when she said he used physical intimidation to try to get his way. How times have changed; at least more people see him for what he is/was.

I feel especially bad for her in this story. It must be horrible enough, let alone with your small children there.
I'm hoping the old woman makes a full recovery.

Givens Critically Injures Miami Pedestrian
(Thursday, January 29 04:36 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - In what the police are currently describing as a tragic accident, actress Robin Givens stuck and critically injured an elderly pedestrian on Wednesday in Miami. As of Thursday afternoon, the victim, 89-year-old Maria Antonia Alcover was in "extremely critical, but stable" condition.
The accident occurred during rush hour on Wednesday. Alcover was crossing a busy intersection at the crosswalk, but was only halfway when the light turned green. Givens drove forward in her 2000 green Mercedes SUV and struck the woman.

Givens reported drove on for 10 feet before being flagged down by witnesses and immediately pulled over and stayed with the victim until rescue workers arrived on the scene. In the collision, Alcover fell backward and her right foot was nearly severed.

Miami police issued Givens a citation for failing to use due care with a pedestrian in the crosswalk.
"We're looking at it as a pure accident and we don't expect any additional criminal charges whatsoever," Delrish Moss, a police spokesman, tells the AP.

The actress was driving with her two sons, both under the age of 10.

"She was very cooperative with police last night," Moss says. "She was crying, extremely shaken up and very concerned about the well-being of the victim."

Givens came into prominence as one of the stars of the 1980s sitcom "Head of the Class," but gained more notoriety for her relationship with boxer Mike Tyson. Her feature credits include "Boomerang" and "A Rage in Harlem." She most recently co-starred in the telefilm "Hollywood Wives: The New Generation."

- Jake
Old 01-31-2004, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I always felt bad for Robin Givens (she was the physically abused wife of a rapist and HE got the sympathy ), but I think my sympathies lie with the poor woman. How devastating.