Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Indianapolis, October 5

Ok, so I called the venue today because I was friggin tired of waiting for it to pop up on their website, and lo and behold I have information! Now I didn't get any pre-sale info but here's what I do know:

Lindsey Buckingham
Sunday October 5, 2008
Murat Center(Egyptian room)
Seating-G/A standing only
Price:$34.50 plus any fees of course, and yes Ticketbastard will be
Selling this show
Onsale date: Friday August 15th, 10:00 A.M EST
Old 07-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just an aside to my first post, Indiana now goes by eastern time, so for example the show will go on sale here in Minneapolis at 9:00 A.M Auguast 15th. just thought I'd clear that one up.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

G/A Standing only!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I may have to find a way to make this show! I've decided I'm only, only, only hitting GA shows except the two Ontario ones, since they're in my backyard. Can't go to many this time around so gonna make the ones I CAN get to count!

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LngPrmsdRd View Post
G/A Standing only!?!?!?!?!!?!?
I certainly hope it's GA. The last time I was at the Egyptian Room, they put in seats and tied them together. Lame.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Ledgie

Indianapolis is up on ticketmaster.com now... Friday 10:00 AM eastern, $34.50 is correct... no indication on GA or seating yet.

I have actually been to more than one show that had assigned seating in the Egyptian Room... so its possible... I wouldn't assume until you read it Friday morning...
Old 08-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzagar View Post
Indianapolis is up on ticketmaster.com now... Friday 10:00 AM eastern, $34.50 is correct... no indication on GA or seating yet.

I have actually been to more than one show that had assigned seating in the Egyptian Room... so its possible... I wouldn't assume until you read it Friday morning...
Well, I looked at it on the Murat/live nation website and it definitely said it was G/A. But I guess anything's possible. One thing that leads me to believe it is GA is that there is only one price.
Is the Egyptian room nice? please do tell!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Ledgie

Egyptian Room is ok. Its a large hall. My college had a spring dance there. I have went to concerts there though for Guster and KT Tunstall before though. Accoustics are fine. Honestly, if it were seated, LB would look like a loser there, its too "long" to be seated. There should be pics up on their website.

The other half of the Murart is the Murat Theatre... better, with a balcony, more of a LB setting. I've caught Damien Rice and the Moody Blues there and prefer it.

There's not a lot of scenery where we'll be standing in line to get in.

I'm only warning about the GA thing b/c I've been burned before by Murat, that's all. I was just fortunate enough to check for a show 10 mins after it went on sale to find that, while all seats were the same price... there were actaully seats.

I prefer LB in GA, it affords a casual fan to get a guitar strum, which may lead to life-long fandom.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzagar View Post
I'm only warning about the GA thing b/c I've been burned before by Murat, that's all. I was just fortunate enough to check for a show 10 mins after it went on sale to find that, while all seats were the same price... there were actaully seats.
Yep. I've only been to two shows there (Nelly Furtado, which was GA, and Tegan and Sara, which ended up being seated), but my sister's been there tons of times and it's always been GA. There's really no telling until you call and ask them. With Tegan and Sara, we didn't find out until we were in the line and getting in the venue.

The venue itself, like you said, is pretty big. Plenty of space to move around, small bar in the back, merch table outside the room in the hall. You'll line up at the side (I don't remember which street it's on, but if you park at the front entrance, go around the left side to the awning and hang out). Once you're in, go up the stairs and you're there. It can be a mad rush if it's GA, but the crowd at a Lindsey show might not be too crazy.

Also, security's usually pretty lax there. They'll have you empty your pockets and open purses/bags and jackets or whatever, but I've been able to get through with an SLR camera in plain sight (and those usually aren't allowed at concerts).

PS: While standing in line, you will meet more than one possibly homeless person trying to collect money. I like to think of it as part of downtown Indianapolis' charm.

Last edited by DeadliestPoison; 08-16-2008 at 02:01 PM..