User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the dynamics in this band are so layered.... the couples' aspect is the most visible and in some ways it distracts from a lot of the other dynamics in the band... especially the stuff among all the men. LB and Mick have such a complicated relationship, as do LB and John... I fear that if/when a movie ever gets made about this band TOO much will focus on the "lovers" dynamic and the real complexity of all the relationships will get lost. That to me is where a lot of the real fascination lies.
yes, i especially loved watching the bromance going on between Mick and Lindsey on this tour. it's so palpable and obvious, but nobody seems to be talking about it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, i especially loved watching the bromance going on between Mick and Lindsey on this tour. it's so palpable and obvious, but nobody seems to be talking about it.
It's cool. But it's not the 40th anniversary of Buckingham Fleetwood...
Old 07-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick and Lindsey have always been in love. I would say at least since Tusk, if not before.

Mick used to kiss Lindsey during the SYW introductions.

Actually, though, Mick loves a lot of people. So, I don't know where Lindsey ranks. I would say that Lindsey, for his part, has got to love Mick more than he loves most people.

Michele
Old 07-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the dynamics in this band are so layered.... the couples' aspect is the most visible and in some ways it distracts from a lot of the other dynamics in the band... especially the stuff among all the men. LB and Mick have such a complicated relationship, as do LB and John... I fear that if/when a movie ever gets made about this band TOO much will focus on the "lovers" dynamic and the real complexity of all the relationships will get lost. That to me is where a lot of the real fascination lies.
Of course a movie is not going to focus on the five of them or will do so in only the most surface manner. The only group that could even possibly get broader analysis is the Beatles and even that is going to be heavily weighted to John and Paul.

Remember in 1997 when Christine said that a lot of love was floating around and she said that she saw -- I don't know if she said she saw John and Lindsey hug or she just said she saw them head to head, being warm with one another and that moved her, but then she made a joke about it and said don't get any ideas -- as if people would take her lovely comment about the men in a sexual way.

Michele
Old 07-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have some of the Without You intro, but it's upside down. I don't know .... I'll upload it after it finishes converting.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I have some of the Without You intro, but it's upside down. I don't know .... I'll upload it after it finishes converting.
Hahahaha Stevie and the guys probably look great standing on the ceiling.LOL..

I use AVS video converter has a flip video option to flip videos to the right way.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, you're right, the back cover of Rumours. When Herbie said that Lindsey didn't know what to expect and then John was just hugging him.

For BTM when Lindsey went to shake John's hand, John withdrew it and then indicated that he was just playing around and they hugged.

Michele
Awww <3

Quote:
Awww <3

Quote:
Mick and Lindsey have always been in love. I would say at least since Tusk, if not before.

Mick used to kiss Lindsey during the SYW introductions.

Actually, though, Mick loves a lot of people. So, I don't know where Lindsey ranks. I would say that Lindsey, for his part, has got to love Mick more than he loves most people.

Michele
Awww <3
Stop it or I'll start crying
Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post

Awww <3
Stop it or I'll start crying
I think Mick was intended to be "piggy in the middle" more than anything else, but remember in that Behind the Music (I think) when they asked Lindsey if Mick was "Mr. Rock Cock" and Lindsey said he was and Mick said, "I'm very flattered." I just cracked up.

You know, I don't think much of Mick's looks, but when he uses his debonair voice, I get kind of ...

Michele
Old 07-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post

I watched the end of the San Diego Show and John looked ticked off at Lindsey for some reason. When he walks up to Stevie he looks mad. Stevie even tells him to bow with all of them (not sure why she said it, it's kinda like she though he might not do it)

The whole thing is weird because Lindsey is in such a good mood and doesn't seem to realize John's mad right away, but once he does he seems to get a little upset himself as he's walking away.
How do you know he was mad at Lindsey? Maybe he was mad at Stevie? Maybe Lindsey was mad at John for being mad at Stevie? Maybe John was just tired? So much drama, it's hard to tell sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

Is he getting sick of the shtick? Feeling like he and Mick are relegated to "the backup band"?
Possibly. But that shtick makes him lots of money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumour0323 View Post
Lindsey has been spewing his .."Christine burned her bridges"...stuff alot in the press again lately, and I don't think John takes kindly to that. I also agree about the backup band comment. They talk a lot about Stevie and Lindsey, maybe he is just over it, in the same way I think Chris was at the end of The Dance.
No more than usual, and we don't really know what John thinks, do we? Not like he's a big talker. Like I said, above, whether he's over it , or not, he's certainly enjoyed the paychecks it gets him. I don't mean that as a knock against John. I adore John. But when people start complaining that Stevie and Lindsey get all the accolades, they might want to remember that they're also doing most of the work. John is as involved as he wants to be, and if Lindsey and Stevie sell tickets, that's good for him. Honestly, I think too much is being read into all of this. Maybe they're all just exhausted and emotional as the US tour comes to an end.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Mick was intended to be "piggy in the middle" more than anything else, but remember in that Behind the Music (I think) when they asked Lindsey if Mick was "Mr. Rock Cock" and Lindsey said he was and Mick said, "I'm very flattered." I just cracked up.

You know, I don't think much of Mick's looks, but when he uses his debonair voice, I get kind of ...

Michele
They are pretty cute together There was an article out during SYW, I think, where they interviewed them both seperately, and Mick said outright that he loves Lindsey. Made my heart melt. If I recall (and I'm often wrong), Lindsey said the same about Mick.

Once he sobered up and got off all the drugs, Mick turned into a rather handsome gentleman, in later years. And I know what you mean about his voice. It is very soothing in person. I could listen to him talk for quite a while!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post

No more than usual, and we don't really know what John thinks, do we?
This is the third tour that Lindsey and Stevie have showcased, so I hardly think that he'd wait until now to get tired of playing back up to them. If he wanted to reclaim his position in the limelight (??) maybe he should have left his boat and showed up at some of those pre-tour press conferences and put a stop to those endless rounds of handholding. Take that thunder away from them.

Michele
Old 07-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Lindsfan;1098186]How do you know he was mad at Lindsey? Maybe he was mad at Stevie? Maybe Lindsey was mad at John for being mad at Stevie? Maybe John was just tired? So much drama, it's hard to tell sometimes.

I don't know for sure that he's mad a Lindsey, but the angry looks he's shooting Lindsey seem to be a dead give away. When he looks a Stevie he seems displeased, but when he looks a Lindsey (IMO) he really seems mad.

Possibly. But that shtick makes him lots of money

Honestly, I don't think it's shtick this time.

I will just say that I think the Jones Beach Concert was ground zero. (I know this may cause a fight and I am not trying to get anyone upset I am just trying to make my point) Did you ever wonder why Stevie decided to wear a scarf around her neck during the 2nd encore at Jones Beach, when she's never worn a scarf before as part of her costume and has not worn one since??

I guess you could say her neck was cold, but we also know how much Lindsey loves Stevie's neck and since she was going back up on stage you can't take a chance in messing up her makeup can you?

There's a lot more I could bring up and several video's I could direct you to but again, I am not trying to start anything. I actually like a lot of the people on this board and know several of them like Lindsey and Kristen together and I really don't want to offend them though I probably already have.

p.s. CADreaming... if you want to know more about what am talking about send me a message and I will tell you what I see going on and why. Including why I think John was mad at Sat's concert.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Junior Ledgie

[B]Possibly. But that shtick makes him lots of money

Honestly, I don't think it's shtick this time.

I will just say that I think the Jones Beach Concert was ground zero. (I know this may cause a fight and I am not trying to get anyone upset I am just trying to make my point) Did you ever wonder why Stevie decided to wear a scarf around her neck during the 2nd encore at Jones Beach, when she's never worn a scarf before as part of her costume and has not worn one since??

I guess you could say her neck was cold, but we also know how much Lindsey loves Stevie's neck and since she was going back up on stage you can't take a chance in messing up her makeup can you?

She was wearing a scarf at the Holiday Bowl show in May as well, because it was cold out...
Old 07-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post

I guess you could say her neck was cold
She wore a scarf at the Hollywood Bowl concert too. She came out without it and then she put it on and she said it was because her neck was cold, well she said it was because she was freezing in general. And that's not a first for this tour. She often wears scarfs at outdoor venues, even if it's just in the sixties and seventies. She does it with Fleetwood Mac and during solo concerts too, to protect her voice.

If she is wearing a scarf for any other reason, then why does it happen at just outdoor venues?

Michele
Old 07-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's two minutes of the Without You intro. I turned it around in Windows Movie Maker

Sacramento07062013 from Michele JL on Vimeo.

Last edited by michelej1; 07-07-2013 at 11:44 PM..