Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What happened to Miss Fantasy?

It's great that they are playing a couple of "new" songs, with Sad Angel being the new one, and Without You being a new/old song. Yet, all of the press mentioned a third song, Miss Fantasy. Why did it not make it into the set?

Also, it appears that Sad Angel is being well-received by the audiences. I hope this dispels Stevie's theory that no one wants to hear new songs. Has the positive reaction been enough for Stevie to want to go forward with a new album? It's unclear to me what she exactly wants from fans to reinforce that commitment.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Also, it appears that Sad Angel is being well-received by the audiences. I hope this dispels Stevie's theory that no one wants to hear new songs. Has the positive reaction been enough for Stevie to want to go forward with a new album? It's unclear to me what she exactly wants from fans to reinforce that commitment.
From the Youtube videos I've seen, Sad Angel gets one of the larger applauses of the night. It's surprised me that it garners way more audience reaction that Sisters Of The Moon, which I thought would really bring audiences to their feet. Instead, Sad Angel steals the show. If that's not proof audiences are hungry for new Mac material, I don't know what is.

As to why Miss Fantasy has become stillborn, who knows. I'm guessing it's political... Stevie got her "new" song added to the setlist (Without You), and Lindsey got his (Sad Angel). A second new song from Lindsey would upset the power balance.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It's great that they are playing a couple of "new" songs, with Sad Angel being the new one, and Without You being a new/old song. Yet, all of the press mentioned a third song, Miss Fantasy. Why did it not make it into the set?

I don't recall Stevie saying that no one wants new songs -- but rather that no one wants long albums. She mentioned in several recent interviews that she's open to the idea of recording & releasing a couple of songs here and there. Even seemed enthusiastic about it.

With so many fans expressing their desire for more frequent output from FM, I would think people would be even more excited about that idea than a full album (which would, of course, require a much longer gestation period).

As for the absence of "Miss Fantasy" in the setlist -- I've been wondering if they're saving it and the "mystery 4th song" for a second leg of the tour.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
As to why Miss Fantasy has become stillborn, who knows. I'm guessing it's political... Stevie got her "new" song added to the setlist (Without You), and Lindsey got his (Sad Angel). A second new song from Lindsey would upset the power balance.
Stevie's doing a solo song and Lindsey isn't. I doubt she'd quibble if he wanted to do "Miss Fantasy" instead of, say, "Never Going Back Again." So I'm guessing it was either Lindsey's choice or a mutual band decision.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I don't recall Stevie saying that no one wants new songs -- but rather that no one wants long albums. She mentioned in several recent interviews that she's open to the idea of recording & releasing a couple of songs here and there. Even seemed enthusiastic about it.
Not enthusiastic enough to provide the band with a new song to record.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Not enthusiastic enough to provide the band with a new song to record.
Yet. That doesn't mean she won't.

One other thing fans seem to be overlooking -- especially since Stevie often gets charged with being "all about the money" -- is the fact that she'd make less money off of these releases if she doesn't offer up some of her own songs. So even if you're in the "Stevie Is Only In It For The Money" camp, it's only logical that she'd want to make the same amount off of any potential releases as Lindsey makes. And she'll have to pony up some of her own songs to do so.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe "Miss Fantasy" is just a fantasy... like this "EP" we keep "hearing" about.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No no, do bands usually play all their new songs at concerts? I mean bands like Fleetwood mac, if that's even a thing...

Nope.. We're all going to have to just keep fantasizing about this one.

For them sadly.. I think playing three new songs would be pushingggg it, big time. They all (the fans - or majority of them) come for the nostalgia of the 'hits' and other songs that have had the piss beat out of them. 'Dreams...'

And I agree that hearing the same old songs for 30 years or more would be tiresome. I've been to ONE Fleetwood Mac concert, and I can say I do not care to ever hear Dreams again live. But it's classic and I wouldn't want a first time FM concert goer to be deprived of hearing their favourite song, or something..
Old 04-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I imagine they're saving it for the EP to give us something to look forward to. Also, it's not like it's going to get them a lot of press, but it will merit a few mentions in the media, since it hasn't been heard. So, that will be a little burst of fresh publicity.

Michele
Old 04-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

cause Lindsey wrote it with stevie in mind of course...
Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know that award show video people talk about, where Lindsey is stumbling up the steps and Stevie holds him up? The line, "Do you still tremble when I fall?" Reminds me of that.

Not sure what "would you still love to linger up against the wall" means. Sounds salacious.

Michele
Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Ledgie

I had naughty thoughts about the "against the wall part" too!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You know that award show video people talk about, where Lindsey is stumbling up the steps and Stevie holds him up? The line, "Do you still tremble when I fall?" Reminds me of that.

Not sure what "would you still love to linger up against the wall" means. Sounds salacious.

Michele
Love that line!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcat View Post
I had naughty thoughts about the "against the wall part" too!
And there's nothing wrong with those thoughts. Nor with those words in the song...

Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well then, between this and Without You's line: "The time had come and gone without you inside me" this is turning out to be a pretty randy EP and needs an EXPLICIT warning label affixed to it.

Michele