The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What song would you most like to see Chris perform in London?
World Turning 3 3.37%
Don't Stop 8 8.99%
Songbird 26 29.21%
You Make Loving Fun 11 12.36%
Say You Love Me 9 10.11%
Everywhere 4 4.49%
Little Lies 13 14.61%
Over My Head 2 2.25%
Oh Daddy 5 5.62%
Other (Main Set: The Chain, Dreams -- OR-- Very Unlikely: Isn't It Midnight, Hold Me, etc.) 8 8.99%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Yeah, my guess is they'll save her for the end as the special guest. Having her open the show with them makes it more like she's part of the band, which she's not. It's their show, not hers, after all.
But I don't think her sitting in on The Chain , it being the type of song that it is, would give anyone the impression that it was her show.

Michele
Old 06-29-2013, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But I don't think her sitting in on The Chain , it being the type of song that it is, would give anyone the impression that it was her show.

Michele
Is there a chance The Chain could actually be moved to the end of the concert, for when Christine would appear? If this concert is being recorded, I want Second Hand News for the opener. There's a part of me that believes The Chain could work very well in the latter portion of the concert, or even as an encore, especially if you feel Mick should have Chris play on it. If that's not an issue for him (taking into consideration the meaning of the song, its significance for the five players), I say the song stays where it is and Christine comes out/is introduced for World Turning.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Everyone seems to think Chris performing at one of the 2013 London shows is a certainty. I think she could still pike on the idea. It wasn't very wise for the band to publicly talk about the possibility so much that everyone now has their heart set on it... if Christine doesn't show up purely because she changes her mind...people are probably going to be disappointed now.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Everyone seems to think Chris performing at one of the 2013 London shows is a certainty. I think she could still pike on the idea. It wasn't very wise for the band to publicly talk about the possibility so much that everyone now has their heart set on it... if Christine doesn't show up purely because she changes her mind...people are probably going to be disappointed now.
I think Christine has also stated publicly that she's doing it.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“If they wanted me to, I might pop back on stage when they’re in London,” McVie tells Metro, “Just to do a little duet or something like that.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/chris...od-mac-london/

She does not sound super-keen.

That said, when someone says "I will be doing x, y, z" he/she does not always end up doing it. Some unforseen situation or circumstance could change Chris' mind, she might feel that she's not up to it on the day, or God forbid she or someone she loves could fall ill.

Not to mention the shock factor if it had not been announced before the concert and Chris is in the audience on the day. Can imagine her casually climbing up the stairs and strolling on to the stage. The fans would be hysterical!
Old 06-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She did. Even if she became anxious and wanted to pull out, because she has committed publicly and to Mick privately, I think she would not change her mind at this point, just out of loyalty. She would feel obligated. If she'd never said she would for certain, then a change of mind would be more of an option.

Also, the recording that Mick has mentioned has to be due to Christine's presence and she knows this as well.

Michele
Old 07-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

I would die for "Isn't it Midnight"...

And I would love to hear "You Make Loving Fun", "Over and Over" and/or "Oh Daddy"...

But I think that we will get "Don't Stop", "World Turning" and maybe "Songbird".
It's ok, though. Christine could read the telephone book on stage and still it would be nice.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
I agree; the only way the band would give everyone the impression it was Christine's show is if they significantly altered the set to include 6-8 C. McVie songs and had her do the whole set with them. Even then, I highly doubt fans would be complaining about being the first group of people to witness Chris perform a complete two and a half hour show in 16 years.

Even if Chris does the current set with the rest of the band (adding harmony vocals, backing vocals, keyboard and piano to the full band songs) plus two extra songs which she sings lead on, to me it would not really feel like The Christine show. But to me the Christine show would be a great thing anyway lol

Anyway, having now watched the Tango in the Night DVD I would love to hear Isn't it Midnight performed live in 2013. Maybe even more so than Little Lies-the song I voted for.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I agree; the only way the band would give everyone the impression it was Christine's show is if they significantly altered the set to include 6-8 C. McVie songs and had her do the whole set with them. Even then, I highly doubt fans would be complaining about being the first group of people to witness Chris perform a complete two and a half hour show in 16 years.
I know. Really, the vast majority of the people in the audience won't even know Christine left the band anyway. If they suddenly started playing her songs, they aren't going to say "Who is this chick?" I mean, ok, there are Stevie and Lindsey fans who are going to complain that they aren't seeing enough of their favorite person, but they already complain when it's just Stevie and Lindsey sharing set time. So, they are going to complain no matter what. That can't be avoided.

As for FM fans, unless they just became fans when SYW came out, they aren't going to feel cheated if 1/3 of the songs were Christine's. I know there are some people who just became fans in 2003, but they are few in number.

Of course, she's not going to do 1/3 of the songs at all. At most she might do 3 but if she did do 1/3 of all songs, people aren't going to raid the box office asking for their money back or demand to know just who that usurper thinks she is.

I know I've mentioned this but when Lindsey came back I wondered if Rick and Billy felt a little funny when he took center stage for GYOW and got a big round of applause when he came out for the final bow, but this time around there's not another keyboard player whose toes Christine would be stepping on -- well, there's Brett, but I'm not worried about him.

Christine: Also, don't forget to just go up and share the mic with Lindsey on World Turning and bring your maracas with you. That's your place. You don't have to ask, just do it.

Michele
Old 07-13-2013, 06:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

I would love to see Christine sing a harmony on Sad Angel!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Junior Ledgie

songbird, for sure!
Old 07-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Get Like You Used To Be (Up until February, this would have been a very long shot)
World Turning
Don't Stop
Songbird

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

IF she makes an appearance, I'd say either 'You Make Loving Fun' or 'Say You Love Me' or both.

SYLM would be my clear choice if they played The Dance arrangement with Lindsey on Banjo and Mick on brushes and copious "ooooh la la las" from Lindsey and Stevie.

IF if if...only if.

"No one ever leaves, everyone stays close 'till the fire fades..."
Old 07-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any tune at this point and I hope the cameras are rolling too.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
She'll never do a pre-75 song which is what I'd want most. "Never Forget" could be really sweet too. I went with "You Make Loving Fun" out of the options here. "Little Lies" would be nice too, and I did like how "Everywhere" sounded live better than on the record.
I wouldn't normally root for Everywhere. However, because of its resurgence in the UK, I really think they would be missing a great opportunity if they don't play that. To me, for this moment in time, it's as important to play that as it is Don't Stop. But Fleetwood Mac has never been swift on the uptake so I don't think that they'll take advantage of this golden ticket brought to them by the Shetland pony. Michele