User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
He really has a way of pisssing Stevie off, doesn't he? Poor Stevie can't find a man, and he would never ever...
He is so reliable, whenever he gives an interview, he comes across as an ass.
huh? how do you read all of this from what he said? i only see love for her, with all her quirks, in what he says about her. as he says - there are all kinds of love. it's a big all-encompassing word. unless your definition is extremely narrow.

this interview comes across the way he comes across when talking to him in person - very direct, surprisingly so actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I asked Neale and Brett in 2008 while we all three puffed away a sigarette, if Lindsey still smoked. They looked at eachother and then at me, and said with a smile: " No sigarettes".
that settles it then, CAD that came out in 2006 is not about quitting pot!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

that settles it then, CAD that came out in 2006 is not about quitting pot!
Yeah, exactly. But the speculation was that was what the fight was about. Lol.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Wow, Lindsey is getting good with interviews! Finally, I don't have to skim through stuff because everything is basically new, more straightforward, terse, and he's not beating around the bush or doing those "cycle" and "painting" analogies. I love this.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
He really has a way of pisssing Stevie off, doesn't he? Poor Stevie can't find a man, and he would never ever...
I don't think he thinks she can't find a man. I think he knows from experience that she's found many men. But what he says about Stevie having her career is a repeat of what Stevie has said about herself many times. In Ghosts she says she depends on music like a husband a lyrical embodiment of her interview comments to that effect.

She chose a career over family. She has told 100 interviewers this. She probably reminded Lindsey of this during the 4 days she visited his house, in fact. That's probably why he said it. I think on Dateline with Mick, John and Lindsey surrounding her she explained that they all have families and she doesn't. It's a recurring theme with her. It's not like he just snatched it out of thin air to taunt her.

As for him saying that there would never be anything romantic, since he's married with 3 children, if he said that there could some day be something romantic again (like he hinted during the Dance interviews), I'd think THEN he'd look like a jerk.

In response to his Dance comments about getting back together, Stevie said "over my dead body". He certainly never said anything that blunt about the chance or reuniting with her.

Michele
Old 03-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Wow, Lindsey is getting good with interviews! Finally, I don't have to skim through stuff because everything is basically new, more straightforward, terse, and he's not beating around the bush or doing those "cycle" and "painting" analogies. I love this.
I wouldn't lose your skimming powers for good. I'm sure when they do more tour interviews we'll be getting a lot more of the recycled hash. He has always been able to give good interviews when he wants. But I think when he knows he's going to do a lot of them in a short period of time, he doesn't bother trying and most of the interviewers don't try to be at all original anyway. They don't ask him anything they couldn't have asked in 1979. But sometimes, no matter what they ask, he will respond in rote manner and I bet we'll see a lot more of that this year.

It's just sometimes, when he's got free time on his hands, he'll say something different.

Michele
Old 03-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wouldn't lose your skimming powers for good. I'm sure when they do more tour interviews we'll be getting a lot more of the recycled hash. He has always been able to give good interviews when he wants. But I think when he knows he's going to do a lot of them in a short period of time, he doesn't bother trying and most of the interviewers don't try to be at all original anyway. They don't ask him anything they couldn't have asked in 1979. But sometimes, no matter what they ask, he will respond in rote manner and I bet we'll see a lot more of that this year.

It's just sometimes, when he's got free time on his hands, he'll say something different.

Michele
You're probably right Michele. But still, I'm going to enjoy the few and far between and hope that he breaks from the rote a little more often. It makes him seem more hip when he isn't giving the same rehashed answer to every question. Shorter sentences Lindsey. They are your friend.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think he thinks she can't find a man. I think he knows from experience that she's found many men. But what he says about Stevie having her career is a repeat of what Stevie has said about herself many times. In Ghosts she says she depends on music like a husband a lyrical embodiment of her interview comments to that effect.

She chose a career over family. She has told 100 interviewers this. She probably reminded Lindsey of this during the 4 days she visited his house, in fact. That's probably why he said it. I think on Dateline with Mick, John and Lindsey surrounding her she explained that they all have families and she doesn't. It's a recurring theme with her. It's not like he just snatched it out of thin air to taunt her.

As for him saying that there would never be anything romantic, since he's married with 3 children, if he said that there could some day be something romantic again (like he hinted during the Dance interviews), I'd think THEN he'd look like a jerk.

In response to his Dance comments about getting back together, Stevie said "over my dead body". He certainly never said anything that blunt about the chance or reuniting with her.

Michele
Didn't Stevie make the "over my dead body" comment after she found out Kristen was pregnant? If so, understandable. Same with his comments now. I think both of them have come to terms with the fact that if they are ever together again, it will not be in this lifetime. Perhaps the next....

I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of Kristen's Karma when it "cycles" around. Whew! just sayin'

Last edited by Lilyfan; 03-11-2013 at 01:17 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 03-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Some great answers for a change.

This Tango-era incident is still coming up. It sounds like they hit each other. I don't care who threw the first punch, once a physical confrontation starts, it's hard to not to react. No excuses on either side. They were old enough to know better by that point.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
They were old enough to know better by that point.
And too high to remember clearly.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The way Lindsey seems to never remember whether or not he was physical with people .... was he having blackouts or something?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyfan View Post
Didn't Stevie make the "over my dead body" comment after she found out Kristen was pregnant?
I would doubt it. She told Rolling Stone that in October and Will was born in July. Kristen would have been in her first weeks of pregnancy.

Stevie said:

Quote:
Over my dead body. See, I don't want to be part of that darkness. He knows that. When we're up there singing songs to each other, we probably say more to each other than we ever would in real life. If you offered me a passionate love affair and you offered me a high priestess role in a fabulous castle above a cliff where I can just, like, live a very spiritual kind of religious-library-communing-with-the-stars, learning kind of existence, I'm going to go for the high priestess.
At any rate, the point is Lindsey saying that there's no chance romance is not an insult to Stevie.

Michele
Old 03-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
The way Lindsey seems to never remember whether or not he was physical with people .... was he having blackouts or something?
I think it's more selective memory -- or just not wanting to discuss specifics of incidences he wishes he could forget. I mean he doesn't ever claim he didn't have his bad moments, he just reminds us he wasn't the only one.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do wonder if the drugs exacerbated his temper though, or if there was a health issue also involved (the epilepsy?). Then again my sister has an incredible temper that could turn into violent displays in ways that were utterly inexplicable to me, probably as strange as Lindsey's outbursts seemed to have been to people around him, and she never did drugs (she has seizures now but hadn't had them all her life) so it's certainly possible 'au naturale'.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
A little blurry, but...

Lol love this moment in DR. When I heard about it a while ago, I spent longer than i'd like to admit zooming and slowing down the movie to catch Linds in the act. I know somebody said on here before that they see Stevie taking a hit after him, but I could never catch that. Anyone have a screen shot or something?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB: he and SN share "other kinds of love"

http://oldies1017.com/The_Music_World.php

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM: HE AND STEVIE NICKS SHARE 'OTHER KINDS OF LOVE'

Over 35 years after Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks split up, the fumes of their romance lingers on. Buckingham along with Nicks and Fleetwood Mac is currently on tour and performs tomorrow night (April 16th) in Toronto. With a setlist still packed with songs about one another Buckingham says that he and Nicks have learned to keep their relationship alive without the romance, telling Men's Journal, "There's a subtext of love between us, and it would be hard to deny that much of what we've accomplished had something to do with trying to prove something to each other. Maybe that's f***ed up, but this is someone I've known since I was 16, and I think on some weird level we're still trying to work some things out. There will never be romance there, but there are other kinds of love to be had."

He shed some light on how one is able to stay bandmates with someone while in the midst of a tumultuous breakup and beyond: "You get used to it. And for me, getting married and having children was a positive outcome. I wonder sometimes how Stevie feels about the choices she made, because she doesn't really have a relationship -- she has her career. . . there are a few chapters to be written in the Stevie-Lindsey legacy."

Although Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks are busy with Fleetwood Mac through the fall, Buckingham recently told us that he would be amenable to reuniting with Nicks as a revival of their pre-Fleetwood Mac incarnation as Buckingham Nicks: "I think there are things Stevie and I could do, if we could find the common ground to co-exist, y'know, which is probably more up to me than it is her. The Buckingham Nicks album, which has never been released on CD, y'know, who's to say that we couldn't go out and tour that, that would be an interesting concept."

Fleetwood Mac North American tour dates (subject to change):
April 16 - Toronto, ON - The Air Canada Centre
April 18 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
April 20 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
April 23 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
April 24 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
April 26 - Pittsburgh, PA - CONSOL Energy Center
April 28 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center
April 30 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
May 1 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center
May 3 - Little Rock, AK - Verizon Arena
May 4 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival at Fairgrounds Racecourse
May 12 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
May 14 - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre
May 15 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
May 17 - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
May 19 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
May 20 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
May 22 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion San Jose
May 25 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl
May 26 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Arena
May 28 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
May 30 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
June 1 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
June 4 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
June 5 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
June 7 - Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum
June 8 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
June 10 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
June 12 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
June 14 - Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena
June 15 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
June 18 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
June 19 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center
June 21 - Mansfield, MA - Comcast Center
June 22 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon At Jones Beach Theater
June 24 - Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
June 26 - Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena
June 29 - Spokane, WA - Spokane Arena
June 30 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena
July 3 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
July 5 - San Diego, CA Viejas Arena
July 6 - Sacramento, CA - Sleep Train Arena

AUDIO: LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM SAYS HE AND STEVIE NICKS COULD STILL WORK TOGETHER

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"