Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default round 9

wow another long readtrough pff
to bad i was to late vorvoting in the last round
ironicaly the song i wanted of ever since round 2 got busted without me
and let's hope we won't see that child back again

wow will however make it more dificult to cast a vote in this round...
i'll vote for

Walk A Thin Line

Last edited by marc402; 08-27-2004 at 07:21 PM..
Old 08-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Not so fast.

Homer was not allowed to change his immunity choice after four votes were cast, Hawkeye should not be afforded that luxury either. Why should they get to hold up the game and invalidate ALL of the votes for an entire day? That's bull. I think Hawkeye should choose immunity for the next round, but that's for Jacob to decide.
Sounds like a fair solution to me.

Old 08-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Not so fast.

Homer was not allowed to change his immunity choice after four votes were cast, Hawkeye should not be afforded that luxury either. Why should they get to hold up the game and invalidate ALL of the votes for an entire day? That's bull. I think Hawkeye should choose immunity for the next round, but that's for Jacob to decide. Hawkeye could have chosen a back-up last night, but chose not to, it's not right to just say which song has immunity after almost ALL of the votes are in and ready to be tallied.
Well I didn't change my mind, I was screwed over. And in case you missed my past few posts I won't be hear for the next round

What SHOULD happen, is we redo this round with the RIGHT songs in the game. I mean I know we toss this word around alot but this round was CONFUSING. first people were voting thinking TEFM was gone, then BC is said to be gone. Then JWD brings in what should be the FINAL WORD when he brings up ALL ROUNDS past votes go into the tie breaker. This should've laid TEFM to rest then and there, but no, Jake was persuaded by the brainwashers and loud mouths of the board and went to shut them up. And if any of you disagree with me on this something is wrong, although I'm sure you'll find SOMETHING to say. in the round that made us do the redo CarneVaca said, either SMAP has immuntiy or we should redo the round. So now in that exact same form, I'm saying the EXACT same thing with Over and Over. Now if we don't redo this round witht he RIGHT line up of eligible songs then that just prooves CarneVaca and especially Dissention are more important on this board then me and the rest of us, which could possibly be true I don't know.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Well I didn't change my mind, I was screwed over. And in case you missed my past few posts I won't be hear for the next round

What SHOULD happen, is we redo this round with the RIGHT songs in the game. I mean I know we toss this word around alot but this round was CONFUSING. first people were voting thinking TEFM was gone, then BC is said to be gone. Then JWD brings in what should be the FINAL WORD when he brings up ALL ROUNDS past votes go into the tie breaker. This should've laid TEFM to rest then and there, but no, Jake was persuaded by the brainwashers and loud mouths of the board and went to shut them up. And if any of you disagree with me on this something is wrong, although I'm sure you'll find SOMETHING to say. in the round that made us do the redo CarneVaca said, either SMAP has immuntiy or we should redo the round. So now in that exact same form, I'm saying the EXACT same thing with Over and Over. Now if we don't redo this round witht he RIGHT line up of eligible songs then that just prooves CarneVaca and especially Dissention are more important on this board then me and the rest of us, which could possibly be true I don't know.

I don't think you're leaving in the next couple of hours, why not ask Jacob if you could pick immunity for the next round instead of this one where everyone has already cast their votes? You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 08-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually will be gone and not be anywhere near a computer for 10 days starting in like 50 minutes. And I just don't know WHAT to say to that mountain out of a molehill statement. You weren't saying that 3 days ago.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I actually will be gone and not be anywhere near a computer for 10 days starting in like 50 minutes. And I just don't know WHAT to say to that mountain out of a molehill statement. You weren't saying that 3 days ago.
It's just that you've left the people who voted for "Over and Over" almost no time to re-vote. Do you think that is fair to them? They're not Carne or dissention, but you're punishing them anyway.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
I was afraid you would do this.

My new vote is for The Ledge.
Hang on there. To think that anyone can come here at the very end of the round to finally decide which song has immunity is pure nonsense. I understand people cannot be here all day, but if you want to play it and you want to immunize a song, knowing full well there was a miscount that had to be straightened out and you don't wait around long enough to fix the whole issue of immunity, I say tough ****.

Hawkeye, you had your chance. You blew it.

And frankly, I'm not sure you should be allowed to vote in absentia like that. I think that's bogus. Be here and vote or don't vote.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You guys are right. I deleted my re-vote.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone have a running tally...........before the polls close?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:14 PM

Quote:
What SHOULD happen, is we redo this round with the RIGHT songs in the game. I mean I know we toss this word around alot but this round was CONFUSING. first people were voting thinking TEFM was gone, then BC is said to be gone.
Sorry, dude, once again, tough doodie. YOU KNEW that the vote had been miscounted. The error was caught immediately. YOU HAD TO KNOW that BC at least had a 50 percent chance of getting dropped, based on the miscount. YOU CHOSE not to pick a backup. You screwed up. You lost because you were trying to manipulate the game. Now we move on. No re-dos on this one.

Quote:
I'm saying the EXACT same thing with Over and Over. Now if we don't redo this round witht he RIGHT line up of eligible songs then that just prooves CarneVaca and especially Dissention are more important on this board then me and the rest of us, which could possibly be true I don't know.
That is a misrepresentation of the facts, and you know it. Dude, you're not even going to be around. You've just forfeited your right to continue participating in the game, so why make a fuss like this? It's unbecoming.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
It's just that you've left the people who voted for "Over and Over" almost no time to re-vote. Do you think that is fair to them? They're not Carne or dissention, but you're punishing them anyway.

NO it's not fair to them, but I was the first person to recieve the unfairness. My favorite show is everybdy Loves Raymond and I seriously feel like big brother Robbie Barone right now:

EVERYBODY LOVES DISSENTION.

and and if things stand the way they are now it would make Jacob Marie Barone.

AGAIN the only right thing would be to redo THIS round with Jacob thourouly explaining what song is still in and what one is out. Not Beautiful Child is out to shut up the masses. That's not right.

I feel like Lindsey. Where are my allies on this. Johnny Stew where are ya when we need you. Quit locking up Burnish threads and get over here

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-27-2004, 08:19 PM

Quote:
AGAIN the only right thing would be to redo THIS round with Jacob thourouly explaining what song is still in and what one is out. Not Beautiful Child is out to shut up the masses. That's not right.
Oh, come on! You're dissing Jacob while simultaneously asking him for the favor of allowing you to vote for you while you're absent, which I think should not be allowed. You questioned the guy's motives when he has done nothing but be fair to everyone in this game. He made a ruling and we should respect that. I can't imagine that keeping this chaotic game together is easy. I think Jacob is doing a superb job, and rather than condemn him, we should commend him.

Give the guy a break, huh?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:24 PM
sodascouts
This message has been deleted by sodascouts.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never critisized Jacob, you on the other hand have many times in the past. And that's all I'm saying, he was forced with hand cuffs on to change the Beautiful Child-TEFM vote.

And It would seem that I'm not going grasefully is an understatement.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-27-2004, 08:31 PM

Quote:
I never critisized Jacob, you on the other hand have many times in the past.
You suggested he caved to "the brainwashers." Translation: he has no spine and he can be brainwashed. You don't think that's criticism?

I, on other hand, never criticized him. I have argued strongly for a fair, clean game in which every vote counts and in which, when there is a dispute or confusion, that the best solution be arrived at so we can carry on. But I've never accused him of caving or being brainwashed. I don't believe that is necessary.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here is the tally I have:

Over and Over: 12
Walk a Thin Line: 7
Save Me a Place: 4
That's Enough for Me: 2
What Makes You Think You're the One: 1

Broken Down by Voter (For extra accuracy)
Over and Over – wondergirl9847
Over and Over – Mari
Over and Over – Sugar
Over and Over – CarneVaca
Over and Over – cliffdweller
Over and Over – dissention
Over and Over – Dulcimer
Over and Over – NoThatFunny
Over and Over – ontheEdgeof17
Over and Over – shackin’ up
Over and Over – sodascouts
Over And Over – trackaghost