Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2002, 08:49 AM
joe

Talking FM to be paid $40K to play private party

Actually....on my way into work this morning the radio show on 104.3 out of NYC was asking what band people would pay to have played at a private party....One guy called in said Fleetwood Mac...one dj said "you'd pay $40K to have them play only to have them fight and break up again!"...the djs thought that choice was hysterical....i don't know why....then the caller said "well, i love Stevie Nicks" and then the djs said "well, how about paying $40K for her?" and then the caller said "sure, i'd pay $40k for her alone" then the dj jokingly said "i think you could get HER (alone) for $40K..." i'm not sure if that's supposed to be an insult or what??? and then, much to my dismay cause i really like this morning show they played a snippet of a sheep going "BAAAAAA" ...yeah, yeah i know....let's try to not get defensive about it.....i'm taking this in good fun since THAT is a long running joke about Stevie.

so, that's my story for the morning!
Old 11-06-2002, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

hey joe, Q104.3 has always been insulting to Stevie but the real key issue is that they do not play her music!!! and if they play FM it's usually Go Your Own Way...

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64
Old 11-06-2002, 10:31 AM
joe

you're right....however, maybe it's just the morning crew. I did hear them plugging "Planets of the Universe" last year...Last week for "live at five" they played some live tracks off of "Jumping at Shadows" like "Black Magic Woman" and "Oh Well"...I think this was also for the $50,000 giveaway where you win the money if you're the fiftieth caller after the songs are played.

I hate when people refer to her voice as that of sheep....Maybe that could have applied back in the early eighties when her vibrato was very evident but that's it. But i only first heard that term applied about ten years ago and i was kinda lost cause i never quite thought that myself.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:32 AM
Ledgie

That's the thing about Stevie, you either love her or hate her. I for one, love that voice & that vibrato rocks my world!!! I find it to be most evident on Bella Donna ( the whole album). I find the whole package to be incredibly SEXY!

"Searching for silence and dreams that breathe...
If I cannot breathe, then I cannot dream..." SLN
Old 11-06-2002, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Me too! I think Stevie's voice is just wicked cool, and remember she was voted #5 on VH1 for the sexiest voice category.

Man, I hate it though that sometimes it just seems FM can't get any respect. What's up with that?
They are true musicians who actually know how to write and craft a song and play an instrument. It baffles me, especially in the current climate of song-byte sampling and limp lyrics.

Fine, if they aren't popular with the general public. That means I'll have an even better chance of getting right up front for the shows! More room for us, right?
Old 11-06-2002, 07:03 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
I'll have an even better chance of getting right up front for the shows! More room for us, right?
I'll see you there!

"Searching for silence and dreams that breathe...
If I cannot breathe, then I cannot dream..." SLN
Old 11-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Only $40K???

What a cheap ba**ard!!

I'd pay a million!!!! (if i had it!! lol!!)