The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Which order would you choose for stuff at the end of FM remastered CD's?
Unreleased, then B-sides, then Remixes 23 76.67%
Unreleased, then Remixes, then B-sides 0 0%
B-sides, then Unreleased, then Remixes 5 16.67%
B-sides, then Remixes, then Unreleased 1 3.33%
Remixes, then Unreleased, then B-sides 0 0%
Remixes, then B-sides, then Unreleased 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2002, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hi John!

We'll have to check with Matt... my vote has been the one (and only!) in that category since last week.

Johnny Stew
Old 10-01-2002, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Thanks for that Johnny Stew! Now, how do we handle this, hmm, how about this...

Matt, if you come back in to this thread and see this, please do let us know which one you may have clicked on that you didn't mean to so I can manually add your vote to the "B-sides/remixes/unreleased" option AND be able to know which option to manually delete a vote from OK? That would be a great help.

I guess if he doesn't read this, we'll just add his vote to that option manually and have to leave the other options the way they are (I know one will have a vote in it that it shouldn't but it doesn't look like it's going to be a close race by the looks of it so far anyways so it may not matter much). However, there's still some time left for those of you who haven't voted yet!

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 10-04-2002 at 07:07 AM..
Old 11-04-2002, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation THE VOTES ARE IN AND...

This poll is now closed. The winning "bonus content pecking order" is "Unreleased, B-Sides, Remixes".

So for those of you that feel as though you would like to Rhino now to request that they remaster the FM album with bonus tracks then please, in all fairness to your fellow ledgies, request this as the order in which they place the bonus content on the discs (in other words, say that after the album, they should add whatever unreleased material related to that session to the disc and then if there is none related to that disc in existance, then you would like them to add whatever B-side only tracks which exist that are relevant to the session to the end of the disc and then if there are none of those, then you would like to see them move on to any remixes that exist that are relevant to the sessions for inclusion to the end of the CD's).

Having dealt with them already on this matter, if you do write to them now, they will most likely send you the same letter they sent me which had said that they can't do this until FM are on another label unrelated to the WB/Reprise family. If you still wish to write to them knowing this though, here is the address:

MR. DAVID MCLEES
VICE PRESIDENT, A & R
RHINO RECORDS
10635 SANTA MONICA BLVD.
LOS ANGELES, CA. 90025-4900
U.S.A.

...now just so I'm not a broken record on this, PLEASE refer to my earlier posts on this issue before you draft up your letters so you will know what has been said and what "bases" you need to cover in your letters for the best effect possible. I would like to appeal to you for the last time though that we really should wait until FM is on a different label than any label related to the WB/Reprise family before anybody does this so that way, when that time does come, our letters will have the most impact. It's up to you though but I just thought I'd update this thread since the deadline for voting has now passed. It's up to you.

John