User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly. They're staying hidden so that people won't know that it's a karaoke band now.
I keep seeing that penguin logo on FB though. Interestingly enough NO Pics of the current band. Mi$k the sheister. Can you only imagine the amount of PISSED off people there are going to be when they show up to that show and find out they have been duped?
Old 08-12-2018, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I keep seeing that penguin logo on FB though. Interestingly enough NO Pics of the current band. Mi$k the sheister. Can you only imagine the amount of PISSED off people there are going to be when they show up to that show and find out they have been duped?
If they were so unhappy with Lindsey and they're so happy now, why there isn't any promotional pics of the happy band on the official site? Those two penguins...!

I seriously doubt Lindsey was the promotional pics freak...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 08-13-2018 at 06:02 AM..
Old 08-12-2018, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick is a real piece of SH*T. I've never been more serious. A f*cking scumbag. I wouldn't trust him with 2 bucks.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Oh okay. That's going to be the new meme is it? The tickets are selling but the only reason people bought them is because they didn't know what they were getting? Somehow I think the only disappointed ones are going to be the choir on this forum that is wishing so hard for this to fail.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Oh okay. That's going to be the new meme is it? The tickets are selling but the only reason people bought them is because they didn't know what they were getting? Somehow I think the only disappointed ones are going to be the choir on this forum that is wishing so hard for this to fail.
Do you have a pitch pipe we could borrow?
Old 08-13-2018, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah well I have heard personally of people who bought tickets NOT knowing that LB left. Let's face it, we know about this because of this board. Most people have no idea LB was fired because it's not that big a story. My brother had no idea he was fired.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If it is indeed true that people don't know what they are buying, then, in a sense, it'll be even more interesting-- people going to see FM and no Lindsey! How will they react?

I am fully admitting to the guilty pleasure of looking forward to shocked and dismayed tour date reports

Old 08-13-2018, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's where Neil Finn comes into play. I'm going to wager that they'll be one of the top tours again.
Who?
I don't know him and nobody I know knows him.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah well I have heard personally of people who bought tickets NOT knowing that LB left. Let's face it, we know about this because of this board. Most people have no idea LB was fired because it's not that big a story. My brother had no idea he was fired.
I could post many pics of people on Twitter who are saying they didn’t know Lindsey was “gone”. And you have to believe them because they truly think it was his choice.

Those casual fans that are most of the time of the concert sleeping or drinking beer and wake up for GYOW, those are the ones that have no idea.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do you have a pitch pipe we could borrow?
Old 08-13-2018, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My thoughts behind the whole "new band" hype that folks may be buying into..

IF they were that committed to forming a new band, why are they waiting until August to even start rehearsals? (and they have their first gig in September!)

In my opinion, it's pretty clear they are doing the bare minimum to hobble everything together for the next 8-10 months of touring. All talks of possible new music? that sure ended quick and now looks to be replaced with yet another greatest hits/box set for their 50th anniversary. Who saw that coming? LOL...

They've had plenty of time to do tons of TV appearances, interviews, record a single song.....but alas...NOTHING.

They gave Mike and Neil their homework in May - study your parts and come back in August. Put the 1987 floppy disk in the drive and reboot.

The only commitment this band has right now is to dodge the backlash they didn't see coming and pocket as much cash as they can possibly get away with using their dodgy as h*ll marketing. Literally hiding behind a cartoon penguin and keeping their mouth shut. Anyone who thinks that WASN'T a deliberate, intentional move - sorry but it absolutely was.

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-13-2018 at 08:10 AM..
Old 08-13-2018, 09:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Who?
I don't know [Neil Finn] and nobody I know knows him.
That's kinda sad to hear. As a music fanatic growing up in the 70s/80s, I got to know a ton of music from the 50s/60s. It's weird to me that a fan of FM - whose last great album ("Tango in the Night," IMO) hit the same year as Crowded House's monster debut LP hit America - doesn't know who Finn is. I'd bet that anyone who is unaware of Finn's work is no doubt missing out on a boatload of other great musicians' work from that era and earlier.

It's one thing to not care for Finn's music, but not even knowing who he is...? Ah, well, it's the world we live in, I guess. My teen-aged son is looking forward to the ELO show next weekend that we'll be attending together, but I'm sure many of his peers have no idea who Jeff Lynne is! These clueless young 'uns really need to GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

That's one potential positive of all this FM nonsense. By the end of this tour, Finn's work will have gotten a lot of new (and well-deserved) exposure here in the States. Being a huge fan of both Finn and LB, I'm really torn about these FM developments!
Old 08-13-2018, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Who?
I don't know him and nobody I know knows him.
Interesting. I can't imagine how music fans wouldn't know who Neil Finn is especially as "Don't Dream It's Over" has evolved into an anthem of sorts for this current generation. Neil never garnered a ton of name recognition in the states but his bands Crowded House and Split Enz are certainly very well known around the world. Crowded House has sold 10+ million albums and have been inducted into the Australian Music Hall of Fame. They've been named Group of The Year at The Brit Awards and won 11 Aria Awards (26 nominations). His pre-Crowded House band, Split Enz, is considered one of the most influential bands of the late 70's and early 80's.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

via GIPHY

Old 08-13-2018, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Literally hiding behind a cartoon penguin
Depending on the fan feedback after the first few performances, maybe they will take this strategy to its logical conclusion and have Neil and Mike dress up in giant penguin costumes when on stage.