User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
I know this is intended to inspire guilt, shame, and seriousness in those of us who find this thread funny. But I just can't find such things in myself. Can't. Do. It. Must snicker.

You know what. Why dont you backtrack 5 years and sit at work just before nine o'clock and watch the tragedy of 9-11 unfold in front of your eyes, knowing your brother in law is in the trade center and then see if you could snicker. Yeah it was ****ing hilarious explaining what happened that day to my two nieces, we had a ball!!!!. And to this day I "snicker" at the fact that my sister cannot forget what happened that day and still has nightmares. Real funny. If I could have gotten my hands on the idiot responsible for the "tourist of death" photo I think I would have killed him with my bare hands.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
Thank you for putting a "Human" stamp on this thread.
I am so sorry for your loss....
Thank you. It is still very hard. You ask yourself why and still come up empty. Not because there is no answer but because you see first hand the devastating affect it continues to have on my family.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up These are great! Keep 'em coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike
So people, am I pushing some kind of limit?

It's like she's saying, "TA-DA: Look what I just did!"

This thread reminds me of a Family Guy episode where Peter is showing vacation photos to someone and there's one of him standing in front of a bunch of Ethiopians while eating a hot dog!

"My soul has soared, I have reached great heights
But the ground was further than I thought...."
Old 08-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69
You know what. Why dont you backtrack 5 years and sit at work just before nine o'clock and watch the tragedy of 9-11 unfold in front of your eyes, knowing your brother in law is in the trade center and then see if you could snicker. Yeah it was ****ing hilarious explaining what happened that day to my two nieces, we had a ball!!!!. And to this day I "snicker" at the fact that my sister cannot forget what happened that day and still has nightmares. Real funny. If I could have gotten my hands on the idiot responsible for the "tourist of death" photo I think I would have killed him with my bare hands.
You know what ? Of course I am sorry for what you went through. We've all been through tragedies. I could choke a goat with stories of the devastation I've been through as well. Most people can. Everyone has a different way of dealing with their emotions, and everyone has a different sense of humor. I can't say anyone else's way with either is right or wrong. And it isn't at all unusual for you to displace your rage and sadness about your experiences and project it onto the creator of an internet graphic or, for that matter, at me. It's easier than finding the people responsible for your initial trauma. So fire away. My own **** has left me pretty much bulletproof.
The grief and anger life gives us can be enormous. And what you choose to do with yours is your business entirely. Like all of us, I hope you work through yours and find some kind of peace with it.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I'm sorry for your loss, but that isn't what we are laughing at, at all. Not even close. We are laughing at the absurdity of Stevie pics in unexpected places. It's a visually visceral response, in no way related to the actual tragedy.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I'm sorry for your loss, but that isn't what we are laughing at, at all. Not even close. We are laughing at the absurdity of Stevie pics in unexpected places. It's a visually visceral response, in no way related to the actual tragedy.
Kashuishia, recently the brevity and laser sharp precision of your posts is filling me with envy. Deshawn is green over it.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Kashuishia, recently the brevity and laser sharp precision of your posts is filling me with envy. Deshawn is green over it.

I'm just usually so verbose and convoluted that it seems precise.
Cool.

So i was trying to pronounce Kashuishia...kah-shoo-ee-shee-uh?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Curious as to why you'd keep looking. That fascinates me.
I haven't looked at the pictures again. I have opened the thread for mere amusement at the latest post discussing my opinion. It is possible to open a thread with one-eye closed! And, if I were to look again, and squint real hard I probably wouldn't be able to see what I would imagine are james brady's brains on the sidewalk.

I could not help but see the latest Hitler picture as I was posting at that time....I suppose it could have been funny to me had a mustache been added. Hopefully, there are no apropos poses of stevie that would go well with what you would find offensive. Who knows? Maybe one can be found of her signing an autograph that could be placed next to John Lennon and his killer. Did a lightbulb just go off, Savage?

p.s. we have something in common! I am always curious.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb A Good Thought to Keep in Mind!

A fellow ledgie sent me a "hilarious" message regarding this thread.... "one persons trash is anothers treasure!"

NO CHIT!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
A fellow ledgie sent me a "hilarious" message regarding this thread.... "one persons trash is anothers treasure!"

NO CHIT!

That is, indeed true!

I mean I'm sorry that some of you are offened - but we are in no way making fun of the actual events - like Amber said, just the absurd and silly placement of Stevie in all of the photos

So to come in here and say we're making fun of the actual events - snickering at 9-11 -that is so not the case!

And no - one can't make one feel guilty unless they know there's something to feel guilty about. I have to say that though I find these pictures wildly amusing -and many of them made me literally laugh out loud - I also do laugh with a big of guilt...perhaps that part of having a slightly demented sense of humor??
Old 08-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why dont you backtrack 5 years and sit at work just before nine o'clock and watch the tragedy of 9-11 unfold in front of your eyes, knowing your brother in law is in the trade center and then see if you could snicker.
I am so sorry to read this. I watched the 2nd plane hit live on television and it tore to my very core viewing so I can not begin to imagine how you and your family must feel having a family member involved in such a horrific way. It is people like you that I had in mind when I posted what I did. I can view pictures. I am not a child. But, I can not sitback and not express the repulsion my gut feels with the hope that it won't be seen by someone that it will hit harder. I did not see the pictures that this thread refers to (the tourist) but I know all to well how seeing visions such as this can trigger the most traumatic of memories for those involved to a greater degree. I can appreciate the historical value of photographs being taken...we should never forget. However to try to find a humor in such photographs or make additions to them in such a manner as to view them with humor IMO is a mistake towards the vast majority of those personally involved expense.

If you ever want someone to talk to, send me a note. Take care.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
We are laughing at the absurdity of Stevie pics in unexpected places.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD

That's pretty good. I have to admit, so far it is a bit funnier with a disaster in the back. Must be the dichotomy.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
That is, indeed true!

I mean I'm sorry that some of you are offened - but we are in no way making fun of the actual events - like Amber said, just the absurd and silly placement of Stevie in all of the photos

So to come in here and say we're making fun of the actual events - snickering at 9-11 -that is so not the case!

And no - one can't make one feel guilty unless they know there's something to feel guilty about. I have to say that though I find these pictures wildly amusing -and many of them made me literally laugh out loud - I also do laugh with a big of guilt...perhaps that part of having a slightly demented sense of humor??
Well, the most effective humour is always iconoclastic, I think. And to destroy the power of an image is a way to get it. Sometimes it's just impossible, though and the attempt becomes grotesque, a change that we can accept or not, it depends by personal background, IMO. Can't say i love all the pictures but the one with Hitler is my favourite.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI

Last edited by Serrart; 08-07-2006 at 07:58 PM..
Old 08-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Thank you. It is still very hard. You ask yourself why and still come up empty. Not because there is no answer but because you see first hand the devastating affect it continues to have on my family.