User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-17-2019, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I think she won the battle, not only this round. Good for her! This is basically what she wanted her whole life: to own the band and dance happily around her house.
What other response would you expect from one of her drones? $he could eat a $100 worth of Taco Bell, and drink a gallon of Ex Lax, and they'd $till be telling her how great $he $mells. Drinking the $tevie Kook(that was actually a typo, but it couldn't be more apropo)Aid...
Old 02-17-2019, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What other response would you expect from one of her drones? $he could eat a $100 worth of Taco Bell, and drink a gallon of Ex Lax, and they'd $till be telling her how great $he $mells. Drinking the $tevie Kook(that was actually a typo, but it couldn't be more apropo)Aid...
And they get mad when we say they’re a cult! That story about Stevie eating a baby alive and her fans still loving her just proves my point.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I think Stevie should get Lindsey back in the band. I also think Fleetwood Mac should publically acknowledge that it was Lindsey who made them stars and thank him.
They made him a star, too. Just look at what happened when he tried to strike out on his own. Truth is, they all needed each other to make it big.

Lindsey would be well served to find a young female singer to team up with and recreate the yin-yang he had with Stevie. I don't mean a full partner with equal creative control, just someone to provide some of what Stevie provided in her younger days.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A 24 Karat Gold Tour Part 2, focusing on RAL and OSOTM tracks (with the re-release of these two albums) would soothe me over a bit. This would give her a year or two to simmer down and reflect on the current situation. This would also give Lindsey some time to heal, maybe he would be ready to do a BN tour of some type by then.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Is there anything she can do? She’s refused to record a new album, had Lindsey kicked out, has become a dictator...

Could anything redeem her in her lost fan base and Fleetwood Mac’s fanbase? The question needs to be asked.

Personally, I think she needs to show some humility. That might help. She seems like a taker and I think she needs to start giving, without wanting anything in return.
I want to love Stevie again. It would take very little for me to forgive her. A public apology and reconciliation with Lindsey - that's all I need.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I want to love Stevie again. It would take very little for me to forgive her. A public apology and reconciliation with Lindsey - that's all I need.
Do you really see that happening? I truly think she believes all of her own hype now, and is too full or herself to apologize. Especially a PUBLIC apology.

Even though I can't stand her, I do agree that I think her Mother was her only grounding force. Without that, she's just full blown ego now.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Of all of the many people i’ve gotten to know on the road following SN/FM around, I cannot think of a single one who is “over it” or leaving due to LB’s dismissal. You guys are in a small, negative little anti-SN fish bowl on this website. But in the real world, Stevie people are fine. We love her just as much. We’re all still friends, still excited for the tour, still making the same plans to meet up for drinks and have fun at the shows together. I cannot think of a single person who used to be around and isn’t now. We’re having a blast at the concerts. Our FB groups still grow endlessly. We’re all excited about the Hall of Fame induction (my family already got our tickets- can’t wait!). Nothing has really changed for us.

I’m sure there’s LB fans who used to go to the shows and now do not, but there either were never that many or I just didn’t get to know them well. Because I really can’t think of anybody that’s missed. I think you guys see this as a much bigger deal than it is. I doubt Stevie is concerned. Her fans are fine and continue to follow her and have her back.
I've been exposed to a lot of people over the years from both the LB and SN camps - not just exposed to them, actually friends with them. During the SYW tour, I traveled all over America to see Fleetwood Mac. I had a gang, too, that met up at shows all over America, for drinks and fun. These were BN people, who loved both Lindsey and Stevie (well, one honestly wasn't much of a Lindsey fan, but she was the exception).

It's fallen apart.

Although I hung out with a lot of people and there are several who are special to me, there was a core 6 I met up with often.

Of those core 6, there's me, who's no longer interested and is in "protest mode."

One of them is also not really interested, but would be willing to go if a friend goes just for social reasons.

Two are now "eh whatever" on Fleetwood Mac. They no longer want to travel to see them or spend a lot of money on tickets. If it's convenient and they can get a good ticket for face, they'll go. It's not the same as "protest mode" but they wound up not going to any shows on the tour nonetheless.

Lastly, two of them are still very gung-ho about Fleetwood Mac and willing to do like we used to do - travel all over for shows - opening night wherever it is, driving hours to see them, getting VIP. Nothing has changed for them. They are really disappointed that the rest of us have dropped out of the "hardcore" Fleetwood Mac experience. (Obviously one of these is the person who never really liked Lindsey.)

I think this is perhaps more representative than the anecdotal evidence of "I cannot think of a single one" simply because I hung out with people who loved them both.

The results are: 5/6 are not going to skip it out of principle, but only 1/3 are still as hardcore as they used to be. (If we keep it to just the BN folks, it's only 1/5 will skip it out of principle, but only 1/5 is as hardcore as she used to be.)

Last edited by sodascouts; 02-18-2019 at 03:28 PM..
Old 02-18-2019, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Do you really see that happening? I truly think she believes all of her own hype now, and is too full or herself to apologize. Especially a PUBLIC apology.

Even though I can't stand her, I do agree that I think her Mother was her only grounding force. Without that, she's just full blown ego now.
Never say never.

I do believe it could happen. Something major could cause an epiphany. Maybe even now she is thinking about how awful it would be to lose him when they were on such bad terms.

Plus, it needn't be a one-sided apology. It could be a mutual thing, so she could save face.

I can see a side-by-side interview, the two of them holding hands, talking about how they've come full circle now, and they wanted to make it alright before it's too late... how the band's known for its drama but there was always love behind it all, and cycles and healing and the like...

And then a farewell tour!

Old 02-18-2019, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

seriously? i can't believe people want yet another greatest hits FM tour and expose LB to it - plus all that waste of his time IF - and that's a big if - he even performs live ever again. David Bowie never performed live after his heart attack. and he was way younger, only in his mid 50s. he did one-off appearances maybe 2 or 3 times all together and that was it. he created music and found different outlets for all his energy.

public apology, stop trashing him (they still have their paid for ridiculous reviews coming out!), and a reconciliation before it's too late would be nice. one off like the Dance to neatly wrap it up. but not another GH tour.

wake up call? he almost died! what bigger wake up call are you all waiting for?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-18-2019, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree. She won't apologize because she probably doesn't think she needs to do it. She's too full of herself now. She's in another world, having the time of her life as the boss of everything. She won't waste time on someone like Lindsey.

I too once believed all her fairytales about BN with tears in her eyes, and how she would be by Lindsey's side if anything ever happens to him.
Hard to believe she will redeem herself.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-18-2019, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
seriously? i can't believe people want yet another greatest hits FM tour and expose LB to it - plus all that waste of his time IF - and that's a big if - he even performs live ever again. David Bowie never performed live after his heart attack. and he was way younger, only in his mid 50s. he did one-off appearances maybe 2 or 3 times all together and that was it. he created music and found different outlets for all his energy.

public apology, stop trashing him (they still have their paid for ridiculous reviews coming out!), and a reconciliation before it's too late would be nice. one off like the Dance to neatly wrap it up. but not another GH tour.

wake up call? he almost died! what bigger wake up call are you all waiting for?
It's like her brain didn't even process the fact that he almost died. All she could say was: "he's gonna get better, because he HAS to". Dear Stevie, you don't know that.

My guts tell me none of them called Lindsey, much less Stevie.

And I certainly don't want him with this toxic people again. They caused him too much pain. They still are.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
It's like her brain didn't even process the fact that he almost died. All she could say was: "he's gonna get better, because he HAS to". Dear Stevie, you don't know that.

My guts tell me none of them called Lindsey, much less Stevie.

And I certainly don't want him with this toxic people again. They caused him too much pain. They still are.
$he's delusional.

I doubt any of them called, which is unbelievably sad. Beyond words.

Of course I hope he heals 100%, and agree that he should never go back to that toxic environment that is FM. $tevie is the most toxic, but they're all bad people.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've been exposed to a lot of people over the years from both the LB and SN camps - not just exposed to them, actually friends with them. During the SYW tour, I traveled all over America to see Fleetwood Mac. I had a gang, too, that met up at shows all over America, for drinks and fun. These were BN people, who loved both Lindsey and Stevie (well, one honestly wasn't much of a Lindsey fan, but she was the exception).

It's fallen apart.

We had a core 6.

Of those core 6, there's me, who's no longer interested and is in "protest mode."

One of them is also not really interested, but would be willing to go if a friend goes just for social reasons.

Two are now "eh whatever" on Fleetwood Mac. They no longer want to travel to see them or spend a lot of money on tickets. If it's convenient and they can get a good ticket for face, they'll go. It's not the same as "protest mode" but they wound up not going to any shows on the tour nonetheless.

Lastly, two of them are still very gung-ho about Fleetwood Mac and willing to do like we used to do - travel all over for shows - opening night wherever it is, driving hours to see them, getting VIP. Nothing has changed for them. They are really disappointed that the rest of us have dropped out of the "hardcore" Fleetwood Mac experience. (Obviously one of these is the person who never really liked Lindsey.)

I think this is perhaps more representative than the anecdotal evidence of "I cannot think of a single one" simply because I hang out with people who loved them both.

The results are: 5/6 are not going to skip it out of principle, but only 1/3 are still as hardcore as they used to be. (If we keep it to just the BN folks, it's only 1/5 will skip it out of principle, but only 1/5 is as hardcore as she used to be.)
Right...and at least a SYW show was worth going to. As mad as I am about the Lindsey situation, even if this 2018-2019 tour had a decent set list, I would be willing to go to more shows. But those renditions and those song choices suck. Especially from Stevie, Black Magic Woman and Free Fallin? Yawn, who cares.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can see a side-by-side interview, the two of them holding hands, talking about how they've come full circle now, and they wanted to make it alright before it's too late.
Gag me with a spoon.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
They made him a star, too. Just look at what happened when he tried to strike out on his own. Truth is, they all needed each other to make it big.

Lindsey would be well served to find a young female singer to team up with and recreate the yin-yang he had with Stevie. I don't mean a full partner with equal creative control, just someone to provide some of what Stevie provided in her younger days.
He kept using materials for a solo albums for Fleetwood Mac. Hell Stevie didn’t make him a star.