User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
this is something thing I've wondered about these days, haven't kept up with.. any specifics, was there a falling out? I mean I know he's supposedly a shady dude, but what's the latest story regarding him and Stevie's relationship?
I was wondering the same. If I were him, I'd be sucking up to that money train like nobody's bidness!
Old 04-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
My guess is that she never wanted to have children, which is ok, but apparently her image of Saint Stevie got tainted if she told the truth. And of course it makes a great tragic story for her fans who believe whatever sugarcoated story she wants them to believe.

So, that's when the question of why does she need so much money comes to mind. For who? Her niece and her niece only? Her parents are dead, she's not exactly in a great relationship with her brother, she doesn't speak with Robin's son. So, yeah, one wonder why she needs all that tainted money.
I didn't know this about Matthew. What happened there? I thought they had reconnected after he grew up??
Old 04-11-2019, 02:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Michael Stipe is one of a tiny handful of rock superstars who is a true introvert so I don't think he ever really had a great desire to be a rock star.
Truth indeed. Mike Mills doesn't exactly fit the generic bill for "rock star" either but Peter Buck is still out there rocking gigs and putting out new music (with Joseph Arthur recently, appropriately called Arthur Buck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I didn't know this about Matthew. What happened there? I thought they had reconnected after he grew up??
I wondered the same thing. Curious what happened.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did something happen? I thought the last we heard about him was them spending the day together on that 24K tour stop that she dedicated Landslide to him?
Old 04-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I was wondering the same. If I were him, I'd be sucking up to that money train like nobody's bidness!
Same. After all, he has been putting up with her moods since forever.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I could still put up with a lot of bitching if she'd give me a million bucks a year. I LOVE you, $tevie(you nasty old goat).
Old 04-11-2019, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I read somewhere that when she performed at the Caesars she had like 20 rooms, plus the suite that she stayed in. Matt went to see her show but Karen told him he couldn't have one of her comped rooms, so he had to make his own accomodations and pay for it. Very bizarre, considering she once married his father in order to act like his mother.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I read somewhere that when she performed at the Caesars she had like 20 rooms, plus the suite that she stayed in. Matt went to see her show but Karen told him he couldn't have one of her comped rooms, so he had to make his own accomodations and pay for it. Very bizarre, considering she once married his father in order to act like his mother.
$he's such a giving person. I'm sure that sainthood is coming soon(wonder how much that will cost her?).
Old 04-11-2019, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Did something happen? I thought the last we heard about him was them spending the day together on that 24K tour stop that she dedicated Landslide to him?
Yes, and there were pictures of the two of them together around that time too.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I hope that finally puts to rest whether or not she should have ever had children.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-12-2019, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Yes, and there were pictures of the two of them together around that time too.
Yes, and that is years after the mini Vegas residency at the Caesars' colesseum, so if it did happen, they must be over it.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 04-12-2019 at 06:55 AM..
Old 04-12-2019, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie said she used to beat him up until her father finally had enough of it. He gave Chris permission to hit her back even though she was a girl and then she stopped picking on him.