Old 02-01-2020, 09:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Lindsey during the tango sessions:

Mick during the tango sessions:

Stevie during the tango sessions:
dying

Bonus question: What was Christine doing during the Tango sessions?

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 02-02-2020, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Bonus question: What was Christine doing during the Tango sessions?
She was everywhere telling little lights at midnight, and objurgating Stevie:

"I should be singing on 'Everywhere,'" Stevie said. "You should hear me singing harmony on that song." "I wanted you to sing on it too," Chris said in measured tones that signaled she was furious, "but you weren't here. In fact, we've been working for a year and you were only with us for a couple of days. Now why don't you just say you're sorry and we'll work it out?"
Old 02-02-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
She was everywhere telling little lights at midnight, and objurgating Stevie:

"I should be singing on 'Everywhere,'" Stevie said. "You should hear me singing harmony on that song." "I wanted you to sing on it too," Chris said in measured tones that signaled she was furious, "but you weren't here. In fact, we've been working for a year and you were only with us for a couple of days. Now why don't you just say you're sorry and we'll work it out?"
I've already adored Christine at this point. But my love for her was based on intuition of what I thought her personality would be; and of course, I loved her music. And interviews, too.

But, the above moment from Mick's book clinched I was pretty spot on about how Christine rolled in the studio.

Shut the f*** up. Quit complaining and do your job. I'm tired of listening to this bulls****. Now give me my champagne and let's hear what you got.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-02-2020 at 02:49 PM..
Old 02-04-2020, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Alas, where is that Christine now?? I would have loved for THAT Chris to have set Stevie straight after MusicCares.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Alas, where is that Christine now?? I would have loved for THAT Chris to have set Stevie straight after MusicCares.
She has proven over time she is more loyal to the Mac than anyone. She has always put the band ahead of herself at all times. The Lindsey firing was the most extreme example. Did she want it to happen? NO. Was she going to confront Mick about it? No.
She was never instrumental about picking any of the other talent either. I remember Christine throwing shade at Mick and the band years later for Mick's hiring of the guitarists during the album Time. Why did she not speak up at the time? Her style is go with the flow and always be a blind loyal band mate but most important.. loyalty to MICK FLEETWOOD

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-04-2020 at 08:54 AM..
Old 02-04-2020, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She has proven over time she is more loyal to the Mac than anyone. She has always put the band ahead of herself at all times. The Lindsey firing was the most extreme example. Did she want it to happen? NO. Was she going to confront Mick about it? No.
She was never instrumental about picking any of the other talent either. I remember Christine throwing shade at Mick and the band years later for Mick's hiring of the guitarists during the album Time. Why did she not speak up at the time? Her style is go with the flow and always be a blind loyal band mate but most important.. loyalty to MICK FLEETWOOD
True. And word is (from Stephen) that she and Dave Mason hated each other at the time — but she sided with Fleetwood Mac as a whole, putting individual gripes aside.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-11-2020, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
True. And word is (from Stephen) that she and Dave Mason hated each other at the time — but she sided with Fleetwood Mac as a whole, putting individual gripes aside.
But avoided working with Dave directly.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But avoided working with Dave directly.
She still ended up doing HER JOB. Which in case $tevie didn't know was writing, singing, and performing on an album. And that one sure didn't sell.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She still ended up doing HER JOB. Which in case $tevie didn't know was writing, singing, and performing on an album. And that one sure didn't sell.
Well apparently Stevie did listen to TIME because she and Christine performed one song from it to close out the shows on the last FM tour. So I'm sure Stevie appreciated Christine's writing, singing, and performing on an album.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Well apparently Stevie did listen to TIME because she and Christine performed one song from it to close out the shows on the last FM tour. So I'm sure Stevie appreciated Christine's writing, singing, and performing on an album.
Not the point, but I was glad to see them in a duet together; and, give a nod to the TIME album. Even though, they dropped every interesting selection as the tour came to a close.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-12-2020 at 12:26 PM..
Old 02-12-2020, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Even though, they dropped every interesting selection as the tour came to a close.
They sure did. And I'm sorry, but Stevie singing "I'm a Black Magic Woman" isn't interesting or edifying. It's narcissistic and embarrassing.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
They sure did. And I'm sorry, but Stevie singing "I'm a Black Magic Woman" isn't interesting or edifying. It's narcissistic and embarrassing.
It was mostly embarrassing. The nasal sounds coming at me were "ick!" However, Christine, John, Mike and Mick save it with a wonderful instrumental outro.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I always thought her "tweaks" to the tense on Don't Stop from 2003-13 were bad, but "I'm a black magic woman"...gahhh...leave everyone else's songs alone lady.

And yes, the most interesting setlist changes with the new 'band' were dismissed early. Neil singing Hypnotized was actually sounding really good from the clips I saw - the song really fit his voice. And it's literally a song still played on many SiriusXM stations with some frequency. And a song that Lindsey only tackled early during his tenure. It was a perfect opportunity to mix things up while paying homage to an era of the band that often gets overlooked but still had (and continues to have) some popularity. That being said, they couldn't possibly stick with it. No, instead let's pull out some deep cuts like Second Hand News.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I always thought her "tweaks" to the tense on Don't Stop from 2003-13 were bad, but "I'm a black magic woman"...gahhh...leave everyone else's songs alone lady.

And yes, the most interesting setlist changes with the new 'band' were dismissed early. Neil singing Hypnotized was actually sounding really good from the clips I saw - the song really fit his voice. And it's literally a song still played on many SiriusXM stations with some frequency. And a song that Lindsey only tackled early during his tenure. It was a perfect opportunity to mix things up while paying homage to an era of the band that often gets overlooked but still had (and continues to have) some popularity. That being said, they couldn't possibly stick with it. No, instead let's pull out some deep cuts like Second Hand News.

I agree Neil did an amazing job with Hypnotized...It was a shame to drop it.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

I did like the Hypnotized from the clips I saw. It was dropped by the time I saw them.