User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
You know before 9/11 I would have not been for sending Americans into harms way just so we could create "Ohio" in different parts of the world. But after 9/11, I really think that this is an area that we need to clean out. There is going to have to be an exit strategy at some point in time, because eventually this will become the Iraqi's war, to maintain the peace in their own country. But there are good things that have happened since the liberation of Iraq...and yes there is blood shed almost every day...but war isn't pretty and the fact is people are going to die! But we have to keep in mind the good that has happened that we consistently DON'T see on the evening news. Most of the areas in Iraq are virtually stable and safe; it is only a few choice places that are being consistently attacked by terrorist, unfortunately one being the capitol. The point is, liberating and obtaining freedom for a country that virtually has no idea or concept of what those words mean isn't easy and it is a long journey, which now must be made regardless.

oh my god. your Ledgie name is dead on, cause you are full of S**T. are you kidding me? here's a shovel, you're gonna need it.

there isn't enough time to go through all the holes you've left, but one thing that stuck out to me is why you feel it is our responsibilty to set up democracy and freedom in another country and spend billions of dollars and have Americans die for it? this is ignoring the fact that this is what invading Iraq has become about when it initially was about 9/11...but that's another journey Conan
Old 09-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
oh my god. your Ledgie name is dead on, cause you are full of S**T. are you kidding me? here's a shovel, you're gonna need it.

there isn't enough time to go through all the holes you've left, but one thing that stuck out to me is why you feel it is our responsibilty to set up democracy and freedom in another country and spend billions of dollars and have Americans die for it? this is ignoring the fact that this is what invading Iraq has become about when it initially was about 9/11...but that's another journey Conan
Thanks for the name-calling-resorting-to.

BTW, my statements weren't meant to be an infaliable dogma, I was simply pointing out the obvious.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the name-calling-resorting-to.

BTW, my statements weren't meant to be an infaliable dogma, I was simply pointing out the obvious.
yeah, you know what, that was uncalled for...and I apologize (I'm big enough to admit when I am wrong)

I still don't agree with you and it really ticks me off to see the homeless people and hungry children in America and devasted people in NOLA and our Coast, some who STILL don't have food, while our government spends our money on a war no one is sure of the basis of...

and I have to say that the fact that you put Ann Coulter in your signature lines or reference her sometimes totally infuriates me...I often have to look pass your posts. That's just my opinion and you are MORE than welcome to continue to do so, but I would like to know from you what it is about her you appreciate...
Old 09-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
can we impeach him yet?
We should know in about a month.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, you know what, that was uncalled for...and I apologize (I'm big enough to admit when I am wrong)

I still don't agree with you and it really ticks me off to see the homeless people and hungry children in America and devasted people in NOLA and our Coast, some who STILL don't have food, while our government spends our money on a war no one is sure of the basis of...

and I have to say that the fact that you put Ann Coulter in your signature lines or reference her sometimes totally infuriates me...I often have to look pass your posts. That's just my opinion and you are MORE than welcome to continue to do so, but I would like to know from you what it is about her you appreciate...
I have to try not to look at them myself. She isn't even conservative. She's a radical something, I don't know, she's her own breed.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Actually, I think that majority is over 70% now

But, Coulter and her ilk will go down with the ship rather than attack their sacred cow.
That should be fun to watch.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
We should know in about a month.
Okay, pardon my ignorance, what do you mean?
Old 09-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The fact that she represents the right-wing with such zeal! Most liberals hate her, not because they have ever talked to her or know her as a person, but because she refuses to back down. She is considered "angry" because she is a conservative woman who refuses to back down. Why aren't liberals who refuse to back down considered "angry" or "troubled" individuals? She is speaks the truth, has a brilliance for the colloquial, she is hilariously funny, and does it all while looking great.

if you really want to talk about it, you can pm me or something, cause we can't really do it on this forum.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
It's not unjust. What do you think happened when two airplanes crashed into the World Trade Center buildings? War was declared on us. 3,000 people dead. Action had to be taken. I would not stand idly by and let the Middle Eastern countries involved get away with that.

I can hear the forthcoming argument now...well why not go after Bin Laden instead of Hussein, no WMDs, etc...blah blah blah...They are all in league, one with another. The Middle Eastern countries are like one body.
Palestine is like Israel? The Middle East is far from being one body. Your statement is a broad brush generalization of all citizens of the Middle East. It smacks of a lack of knowledge of Middle Eastern cultures and a dependence on mainstream media as a source of fact.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . and a dependence on mainstream media as a source of fact.
The mainstream media does not support this idea of the Middle East being one body

I will always maintain that the information was put out there by the mainstream media and Americans could have cared a less because most Americans hate all Middle Easterners.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
a dependence on mainstream media as a source of fact.
BWAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This HAS to be the most ironic statement ever made on The Ledge.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
Do people really still think bin Laden and Hussein were working together?
Ask Judith Miller.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Most liberals hate her, not because they have ever talked to her or know her as a person, but because she refuses to back down.
My, how misguided you are.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The fact that she represents the right-wing with such zeal! Most liberals hate her, not because they have ever talked to her or know her as a person, but because she refuses to back down. She is considered "angry" because she is a conservative woman who refuses to back down. Why aren't liberals who refuse to back down considered "angry" or "troubled" individuals? She is speaks the truth, has a brilliance for the colloquial, she is hilariously funny, and does it all while looking great.

if you really want to talk about it, you can pm me or something, cause we can't really do it on this forum.
YEs, but she is VERY intolerant of views which she doesnt agree with, and that's where I have a problem with her. I
Old 09-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down As a married couple...

(Deb & myself) we are taxed enuff already, Having no children is brutal since we fall into the "Married Penalty" bracket.

But since the Biblical Burning God-Complex Shrub has been in office it is even worse than the days of Slick Willy Clinton and his Oral Office days (Infamous for his "On yer knees" tax).

At least the people of Oklahoma have spoken on the just failed law that would raised the gasoline tax another $.05 to the price of $.22 a gallon ($.25 a gallon for diesel) when 87% of the people voted "NO".

Brian "Read my taxes....No new lips" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."