Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2003, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Say You Will

Once again Neil thanks for the heads up!

I might be in the minority here but I love the new title! It's about time they got away from those somewhat corny names like "Mirage", "Tusk" , and "Tango In The Night"...come on please!

If "Say You Will" is the first single from the lp then I think that in itself would be a good way to promote the album of the same name.

"Say You Will"...very simple....but HEY there is BEAUTY in simplicity!!

Joe
Old 02-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by silversprings8
Hey... maybe it will fit in well with the cover and the whole "theme" of the album. At least we have a title now! I kinda like it.... Say You Will.....
And you can get some terrific anagrams out of it!

Wail, Sly You!
Lay I Yowl Us
USA Lilly Yow
Was Lily You?
Old 02-02-2003, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Say You Will

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd

"Say You Will"...very simple....but HEY there is BEAUTY in simplicity!!

Joe

Touche'
Old 02-02-2003, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I first read this morning that it will be called "Say You Will," i was dissappointed.

But then I got to thinking about it. If we had not known about the song "Say You Will", found out that the title of the CD is "Say You Will", would we think anythign differently of it?

I'm trying to pretend that I knew nothing of the song ahead of time, and I think that I like the title more. It has a bit of mystery, I think, although it's nothing like "Tango in the Night," which I think is one of the best album titles.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 02-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really would have liked it to be called Peacekeeper to. It just sounds like them. Anyway, when you really think about it, it's just a name, not to be rude or anything.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David
And you can get some terrific anagrams out of it!

Wail, Sly You!
Lay I Yowl Us
USA Lilly Yow
Was Lily You?
David you kill me But that is one way to look at it.

Old 02-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is the best they could have come up with? Maybe these numbskulls should go back on drugs.

I'll second that...sheesh...but then again,as long as the music is good,i suppose it doesn't matter right...but...something catchier would have been better i think.

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Say You Will

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
I might be in the minority here but I love the new title! It's about time they got away from those somewhat corny names like "Mirage", "Tusk" , and "Tango In The Night"...come on please!
Joe, I like it too.

When I first heard it, I didn't. But the more I turn it over in my head, the more I like it. It...flows.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is no longer a fan forum, but a critic's forum. My lord you people are hard to please!! We are all welcome to our own opinion, but god lately you people don't like anything. Don't like the songs that are leaked, don't like songs on tv, don't want the same songs that you have heard for the last year through unofficial sources to be the same as the songs on the album, don't like the title, don't like how many cities they plan to play. I think many have built this thing up to be such an event of biblical proportions that nothing will satisfy this group.

I for one am glad to be getting some new material and have the opportunity to see them again live. Some songs may be a great, a few below average, and many average, but I admire the fact they have chosen to release new material, as opposed to just whoring out the past on the road as many great bands have been doing for the last few years with a complete absence of new material.

John
Old 02-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

Just how much time was spent in choosing a title and they come up with this???

I don't like it at all. It does not say anything! But then again, you're right, the music is what's important.

I might be wrong but I think this is the first Fleetwood Mac album named after a Stevie song/suggestion (Fleetwood Mac - no, Rumours - John, Tusk - Lindsey song, Mirage - wasn't it Lindsey's mum?, Tango - Lindsey song, Mask - Christine song, Dance - not sure)

Song of the moment - Woman Of A Thousand Years
Old 02-02-2003, 01:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you for the info it's good to know this thing is really coming along~ IMO, I don't care what the darn thing is named~
I want to hear the music+I'm so excited to have the chance to see/hear them live again!

N.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Say You Will" would not have been my first choice for the name of the album, but I actually like it. I loved hearing the snippet of the song.. it is very catchy and I can't get it out of my head. I honestly didn't care what they named the album. I am just happy that we have new music from them and that I will finally be able to see them live on tour! I am looking forward to the new album!

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 02-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Ledgie

Default Say You Will...

Bravo, John Run.
You said it perfectly.

Love,
Jo and Jensen
Old 02-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Say You Will...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jo and Jensen
Bravo, John Run.
You said it perfectly.

Love,
Jo and Jensen

I also thought the same thing.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:41 PM
Rhiannon5354
This message has been deleted by Rhiannon5354.
Old 02-02-2003, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by John Run
I think many have built this thing up to be such an event of biblical proportions that nothing will satisfy this group.

John
I'm sure we would all agree that everybody is just happy to have them release new material, and to see them tour again blah blah blah

BUT

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I myself don't see anything wrong with having super high expectations for them as well. They SHOULD be held accountable for their songs and things even as piddly as the album title. We're talking about a critically acclaimed mega group whose life spans numerous decades, who have sold about a gazillion albums worldwide, and who have been very successful in almost everything they have ever attempted. This isn't some garage band whose fans should be content with saying "well, we're just happy to see them release a new album and it'd be great if they tour a bit too." There is no reason why anybody should have to "settle" or lower their expectations for this project. FM should be shooting for the moon, and we should not have to accept anything less.

That being said, I have to say I've tremendously enjoyed each of the songs so far that we've got to heard. But like many other people, I think I'm still waiting to be blown away, and as I stated earlier in this thread, this album title certainly didn't blow me away. I'm not sure how much that matters in the long run though, so take it for what it's worth.