The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Which 2011 Mac solo album are you most anticipating?
Lindsey Buckingham's 21 28.77%
Stevie Nicks' 42 57.53%
Jeremy Spencer's 7 9.59%
All of the above equally 3 4.11%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 2011 Pre-Release Album Poll: Jeremy vs. Stevie vs. Lindsey

I thought this might be a fun way to express our shared enthusiasm for 2011--the year of the mac (sans mac!)

I wasn't sure which area to put this poll in, but since two of the members are Rumours-era... I went with that forum.

So which album are you most anticipating??!!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I had to choose only one, it'd be the Lindsey. I'm glad I can have them all.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For me, Lindsey's solo stuff is very hit and miss, he has a fair number of songs I really like, but I find it very difficult to sit and listen to an album of his all the way through.

With Stevie, although she has two giant turds on her record, (OSOTM + SA, I'm looking at you), I generally adore her solo work, and I'm totally in love with what she and Dave did to Secret Love, so I'm genuinely super excited for her new album.

As for Jeremy Spencer, I have no opinion on his works at all, he's not someone I've encountered, both with the Mac or solo.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it was a toss-up between La Nicks and Liddy Buck for me, but looking at their most recent albums as a basis, I like Gift of Screws much more than Trouble in Shangri-La, so Lindsey got my vote

As for Jeremy, the only pre-1975 stuff I know are from Bob, Chris, and Greeny, so that's not exactly useful in this case

You can add me on Facebook
Old 02-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jeremy's. Definitely.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 02-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For those who don't know Jeremy's work, please please please please please check out his album Flee on itunes. It's like 5 bucks. I promise anyone who loves Fleetwood Mac will get a kick out of that album. And if that doesn't sound tempting, then just buy the title track "Flee." It is genuinely awesome.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Seeing how it's been 10 full years since we've heard from Stevie, I'm anxious to hear what she has to say... and where she is artistically. I have so much fear when it comes to this new album, though... Stevie's lost just about all of her cred in my book this past decade.

Relatively speaking, we've heard a lot from Lindsey recently. We generally know where he's at personally and professionally. He's not all manic, jaded, and unpredictable like Stevie.

It has nothing to do with Rumours era snobbery (after all, Bob Welch is one of my all time favs), but Jeremy has just never interested me in the least... inside or outside of Fleetwood Mac.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

It has nothing to do with Rumours era snobbery (after all, Bob Welch is one of my all time favs), but Jeremy has just never interested me in the least... inside or outside of Fleetwood Mac.
But have you heard "Flee"??!! Seriously... If Go Your Own Way, ABBA, and slide guitar had a baby, it would sound like "Flee"

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 02-24-2011 at 07:59 AM..
Old 02-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
For me, Lindsey's solo stuff is very hit and miss, he has a fair number of songs I really like, but I find it very difficult to sit and listen to an album of his all the way through.

With Stevie, although she has two giant turds on her record, (OSOTM + SA, I'm looking at you), I generally adore her solo work, and I'm totally in love with what she and Dave did to Secret Love, so I'm genuinely super excited for her new album.

As for Jeremy Spencer, I have no opinion on his works at all, he's not someone I've encountered, both with the Mac or solo.
I am totally the reverse, so I absolutely cannot wait for Lindsey's album.

I have "Lindsey Days" when I will just play all his CDs one after the other (at least a couple of days a week) - usually when I'm home alone as nobody dares talk to me when I'm listening to Bucky.

I am not a fan of Stevie solo so I have trouble getting thru one of her CDs.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey. I'm approaching Stevie's very cautiously. Lindsey, IMO has had a string of fantastic albums. Stevie's got some work to impress me. Just My 2 cents. Jeremy Spencer.....don't care.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 02-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's, with Lindsey's a very close second. Jeremy Spencer isn't even on my radar.

LB's first 2 albums are kinda hit-or-miss with me, but I genuinely love the other 3, and am anxious to hear his new one, whenever it finally comes out.

I generally prefer solo Stevie to Mac Stevie, and while I certainly don't love all her albums, I find all of them interesting (at the very least). In Your Dreams sounds like it will be pretty good - I'm very curious to hear what she's done w/ Annabel Lee and LFTM/Moonlight, but the new songs sound interesting, too.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

I voted for Stevie because she hasn't put out anything for a decade and I can't wait to hear it. That being said I'm overall more a Lindsey guy and he has the potential to come up trumps. I couldn't really care for Jeremy tbh.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Team Stevie all the way reading the first hand accounts of the SanDiego thing got me even more excited- I will probly freak when I see the "sizzle reel"

I do like like going to Lindseyland but just for short visits

Im afraid I am also guilty of not knowing/caring much about pre BN Mac
Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think definitely Jeremy's album. I am looking forward to Ms Nicks' album but I am REALLY looking forward to something from Jeremy. I guess because he keeps getting better and better (unlike Ms Nicks who was at her peak 30 years ago or Mr Buckingham who was at his peak in 1974 ).

As for Lindsey...well I guess I'll have to have the album to keep the collection complete, but like Gift of Screws and Under the Skin, I won't ever actually play it after the first time.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
For those who don't know Jeremy's work, please please please please please check out his album Flee on itunes. It's like 5 bucks. I promise anyone who loves Fleetwood Mac will get a kick out of that album. And if that doesn't sound tempting, then just buy the title track "Flee." It is genuinely awesome.
Or check out his more recent albums Precious Little or In Session which might give you an idea of what to expect from Mr Spencer's new album.

Don't be put off by the Fleetwood Mac era Jeremy if you don't like him in that era. Everything post-FM has been completely different to what he did in FM.

EDIT: Oh and I fully agree with TrueFaith - Flee is a great album.

Last edited by chriskisn; 02-25-2011 at 06:38 PM..