Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I'll do the whole damn tour I'll ride on the bus with them
I really admire anyone that's willing to do something like that. Thats really cool. For me, I ahd waited so many years to see them, Ive been a fan since I was 6 in 1977, but for various reasons, Too Young, not enough money, ETC I never saw them live until the Dance, on which I saw 5 shows. But when SYW came along, I swore come hell or high water I was going to as many as I could possibly afford. The reason being that their music has meant so much to me over the 30 years I've listened to them. Funny thing is too alot of people I ran into along the way were like asking me if I ahd talked to their management to get a backstage pas or meet them for all the stuff I'd done. BUt that was never what it was about for me. If I was going to meet any of them, it was meant to be, I certainly wasnt going to ask for it.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe they'll share a farewell tour with the Eagles and Henley can duet on Gold Dust Woman and maybe they'll thrown in Leather and Lace

ZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzz!! I'd NEED a mountain of Peruvian nose candy to stay awake through THAT tour!

Old 08-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Farewell tours...

suck ass and reek of a desparate attempt at cashing in before the well runs absolutely dry...

Look at KISS, Still having farewell shows 10 years after they originally said farewell.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
ZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzz!! I'd NEED a mountain of Peruvian nose candy to stay awake through THAT tour!

I'll join you dude. At least two guys will have fun, but we'd have TO GO TO THE BAR TOO.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

now, now, now chilli...
Old 08-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Imagine if they played the Olympic Stadium...I would definitely fly out to Rome!!!
That will be really perfect and I would go running. It's ten minutes from my house.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 08-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrart View Post
That will be really perfect and I would go running. It's ten minutes from my house.

Romy
awesome!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Everything. You. Said.
I still don't see why the former members can't happen. Just Lindsey's ego?
Having Bob, Billy, and Rick(and Peter if he is able) would make me attend MULTIPLE shows. I'll be attending NONE without a change from SYW.

Move the extra three guitar players up front(or have them take turns while doing "their" songs). How great would it be to have 45 minutes of Classic Mac in the set?

And while we're at it, let's have Bekka in the band. She could do a couple of songs off of Time, AND, let's let her do a few of Chris' songs. Gawd knows she couldn't do any worse than the Old Tank!

What a way to celebrate FM's 40th Anniversary! Instead, it'll be another BN IS FM tour.
it might not be a 40th anniversary tour...don't jump to conclusions!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel like I know them well enough to know that they like jumping through the SAME HOOPS, year after year, song after song, tired speech after tired speech.

FM is about change.
But ONLY when it is forced upon them.

God forbid that they don't play every song off of Rumours! (to me, that shows how out of touch they really are!)
Old 08-25-2006, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Gawd knows she couldn't do any worse than the Old Tank!
I love it.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What do you have against a 40th anniversary tour? I don't think another celebration tour for "Rumours" is necessary. They just did that with "The Dance" nine years ago, and they've only done one other tour since. It would be overkill, even by Fleetwood Mac standards. Anyway, Christine is out, so no matter which tour they do, it will be a bastardized tour. Stevie singing "Don't Stop" or Bekka singing "Don't Stop": Either way, it won't be Christine singing "Don't Stop." (And, they WILL play "Don't Stop," so let's not whine about how sick we are of that song.) At least with Bekka on board, we could possibly get to hear "Spare Me A Little," "Why," and "Believe Me," as well as Christine's songs from the "Rumours" era.

With a 40th Anniversary tour, we'd possibly get to hear some songs not heard at a Fleetwood Mac show in over thirty years and get a greater variety with the performances. I get the feeling Mick is itching to do a Fleetwood Mac tour that's about the band as a whole. He's working with Billy and Rick again (which means Bekka's not too far behind), and he's discussed a possible "early Mac" tour with Bob Welch, who's the only early Mac guitarist itching to tour with the band again.

Fleetwood Mac has been saying for years that they were SOOO different from the Eagles. This tour would show the world why! Whatever they do, they shouldn't listen to industry insiders or follow industry trends. Every time the band has done that, it's bit them in the ass.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
We know that Lindsey's confirmed for a tour in October...so what's that like 35 shows...if Mac tours in 07 when will they open, in May? Who thinks it will happen? New album for the tour, Rumours Anniversary or Farwell? Discuss...
Lindsey will Tour for a month and FM will begin rehearsals at end of year for an early 2007 Tour..no new album.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Lindsey will Tour for a month and FM will begin rehearsals at end of year for an early 2007 Tour..no new album.
alright good answer...thanks...