The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
There aren't any Christine songs either. What do you have against the ladies of Fleetwood Mac?
He doesn't want to get eaten by Stevie's flying vagina of death.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
If this isn't determined to be strike-worthy, I have a new SIG!!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm sure you could use that as your sig if you wanted to, Homie -- though you should know that it's actually a joke at the expense of folks who have an irrational aversion towards Stevie.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure you could use that as your sig if you wanted to, Homie -- though you should know that it's actually a joke at the expense of folks who have an irrational aversion towards Stevie.

Yeah, you're one to talk about irrational aversions (sorry, but true, Bri-Bri).
Old 08-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, you're one to talk about irrational aversions (sorry, but true, Bri-Bri).
What do I have an irrational aversion towards?
Old 08-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What do I have an irrational aversion towards?
Aren't you the one who can't attend a concert, because of some "fear of crowds" or something like that?

People in glass houses....
Old 08-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Aren't you the one who can't attend a concert, because of some "fear of crowds" or something like that?

People in glass houses....
Not quite -- I have an anxiety disorder with agoraphobic tendencies. So arena concerts and movie theatres aren't really my thing. But I go to work every day and I go other places -- all without the aid of medication. So I think I'm doing pretty good for myself.

By the way... how is any of this related to my explanation of the meaning of SortaSavageLike's comment?
Old 08-16-2006, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not quite -- I have an anxiety disorder with agoraphobic tendencies. So arena concerts and movie theatres aren't really my thing. But I go to work every day and I go other places -- all without the aid of medication. So I think I'm doing pretty good for myself.

By the way... how is any of this related to my explanation of the meaning of SortaSavageLike's comment?
IF you're going to attempt to point out what you perceive to be others IRRATIONAL AVERSIONS, you should be prepared to defend your own, period.

Glass houses, Brian.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
IF you're going to attempt to point out what you perceive to be others IRRATIONAL AVERSIONS, you should be prepared to defend your own, period.

Glass houses, Brian.
I was explaining the sarcastic meaning behind SortaSavageLike's "Stevie's flying vagina of death" quote. If you took it personally, Homeslice, that's not my deal.

It's my mistake though -- I should realize by now that I can't say anything to you without you getting defensive. Yesterday was a good example... you mentioned John looks funny to you in older pics, so I pointed out that it was probably because you were actually looking at Bob Brunning. I even made sure to use one of those little "winky" emoticons to show that my tone was lighthearted, yet you still replied in a belligerent way.

Since we're talking about glass houses... how's that persecution complex coming along?
Old 08-16-2006, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, whatever. We're just extremely different kinds of people, Brian, and always will be.
I'm very sorry that I responded. Have a good night.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My mother's been sick and is having surgery tomorrow... I haven't been able to hear a single thing out of my right ear for almost a week now... I'm cranky, and I'm tired but too keyed-up to fall asleep.
So I'm waving the white flag here, Dave. We may be two different kinds of people, but I still think we should be able to co-exist peacefully on a message board. Just please try to remember that, far more often than not, my comments to you aren't meant to be contentious. Most especially when I use one of those silly little emoticons.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom's, and your own, health issues. CERTAINLY, we can co-exist here. Don't get me wrong, Brian. I LIKE you. BUT, we're vinegar and oil. I'm fairly certain that you've noticed that I don't usually respond, to your responses, for the past few months. "I" only work you up into your own little.......tizzy. And, I won't convince you of anything(and visa-versa). So, I simply avoid it. Because we're opposites.
But I still wish you well. Good luck with your Mom's surgery.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Now I want to make this clear once and for all. I LOVE Stevie. I am a Fleetwood Macfan for 29 years now. I flew half over the world to see BN perform in FM, I never saw them before because my parents wouldn't let me go to the rotterdamshow in 1980. I was fourteen and deeply in love with Stevie.And I still am to a certain extend That was the last time BN played with FM in The Netherlands. . I saw mac in Tangotour, Masktour and Timetour. And Stevie-solo once around Mirror. For the Say you will-tour I travelled far. During those 29 years Lindsey became a hero for me because he "raised" my ears from strictly mainstream pop towards more freeminded rawedged music and iam very thankful for that.

Now this was a thread for a wishlist and I think I made an interesting one. Macs backcatalogue is huge and I made a choice. Not because I hate others but because I'd love to see this fourpiece band rock out the more masculine side of the band that is not always in focus by the Strictly-Stevielovers. Point.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Nothing. I wanted something else. You can't say it's an expected setlist. And i'd like to see Mick and john ROCK hard. That's possible with this setlist. And to be honest, I think my version of FM in 2007 is the most vital I can think of.

(only to be equalled by younger FM-members like in time and BTM-era, but that is something I do have something against.)
exactly how hard can they rock? Mick sits behind a drum set and John isn't exactly animated...I guess I'd get bored, but that's just me.

anyway, here's my wishlist:

The Chain
Dreams
Save Me
Rhiannon
I’m So Afraid
Storms
Gold Dust Woman
Say You Love Me
Caroline
Love Is Dangerous
Isn't It Midnight
Big Love
Landslide
Sara
World Turning
Gypsy
Beautiful Child
You Make Loving Fun
Go Your Own Way

Songbird
Sisters of the Moon

Last edited by JazmenFlowers; 08-16-2006 at 08:39 AM..
Old 08-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Now I want to make this clear once and for all. I LOVE Stevie. I am a Fleetwood Macfan for 29 years now. I flew half over the world to see BN perform in FM, I never saw them before because my parents wouldn't let me go to the rotterdamshow in 1980. I was fourteen and deeply in love with Stevie.And I still am to a certain extend That was the last time BN played with FM in The Netherlands. . I saw mac in Tangotour, Masktour and Timetour. And Stevie-solo once around Mirror. For the Say you will-tour I travelled far. During those 29 years Lindsey became a hero for me because he "raised" my ears from strictly mainstream pop towards more freeminded rawedged music and iam very thankful for that.

Now this was a thread for a wishlist and I think I made an interesting one. Macs backcatalogue is huge and I made a choice. Not because I hate others but because I'd love to see this fourpiece band rock out the more masculine side of the band that is not always in focus by the Strictly-Stevielovers. Point.

Not that I felt you needed to defend your setlist, but this is very well put.