Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2002, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 2003 FM Convention - London

FirefliesUK are looking into holding a Fleetwood Mac convention in London during 2003.

At the moment planning is in the very early stages and we'd be grateful for any feedback from FM fans around the world about their convention experiences (from any band - good and bad), and what they'd like to see at an FM convention, so that we can make this a successful one.

More information will be available as time goes on.

Pip
Old 09-23-2002, 05:01 PM
Junior Ledgie

Sounds great; it would be nice to have a Fleetwood Mac convention here in NYC.

good luck

arnold
Old 09-24-2002, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up weeheey!!

Sounds a w e s o m e!!

I'll help out in any way I can!

The only annoying thing is....I will have soooo far to travel...!! So unfair!!

.... .....

Old 09-26-2002, 12:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Sounds good to me Pip! I'd be there if I could...lol!

Have you held one of these before? *flashes back to the Carl Wilson Walk...shudders* LOL. Running these things, truly, can be complete h*ll at times. But I'm sure it will all work out for you and when it goes well, it goes REALLY well and is the most rewarding thing in teh world!

As for what I'd want to see...I mean outside the obvious... (convince Chrissy to make an appearance! hehe, j/k!) You could do a concert of tribute bands from around the world..maybe a raffle or auction of autographed CD's, pics, memorabilia, all that kind of thing. Definitely talk to FM's management and the individuals management (yah okay I'm sure you've thought of all of that already, lol, sorry)...they could probably hook you up with some pretty cool things. You might not get a Lindsey on your doorstep but you might get a personally donated something-or-other.

Ultimately though it's all about meeting other fans and having fun and reminiscing about the band. Oh another idea, if people aren't necessarily willing to *donate* some rarer items (guitars, costumes, things like that) permanently, you could have just kind of a display, maybe. Maybe they'd loan them to you, I mean. Whatever you do, do it indoors, so that if there's the worst storm of the summer outside and tornado watches all day long, it won't affect you.

Okay I'll hush now...hehe sorry for rambling on, it's just I did this before (not for FM but still) and from the start, did EVERYTHING wrong, and everything that I couldn't control went wrong too, and then it stormed on our outdoor NATURE WALK event from the moment we walked out our door until the moment we walked back through it at the end of the day...then, oh, then it was BEAUTIFUL outside.. Hehe. So I come from the "bad experiences" side, but I'd never say don't do it. Do it...I went to one that worked in California and it was one of the best experiences of my life. It sounds *awesome*...if I strike it rich I'll be there!!! All the best to you!!!

~Bree

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.

Last edited by LngPrmsdRd; 09-26-2002 at 01:02 AM..
Old 09-26-2002, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for your post Bree! No...I haven't done anything like this before but I have gathered an awesome team to help me try to make this a fantastic day!. We are working on pretty much all you mentioned so fingers crossed!

Pip