User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Apparently button lip's "evidence" is an interview where she says something about choosing to be unhappy or whatever, but that discounts the gazillion interviews where she talks about loving him!

I took a look at inherownwords.com and found these:

"We tangle a lot, but we love each other ~ we'll always love each other. He and I will never get away from the fact that we were as one for so many years."

~Stevie Nicks, Mademoiselle, August 1982

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I embroidered stars and moons on them, I adored him, I took care of him."

~Stevie Nicks, MTV 1515, 1998

"You know, when Lindsey and I go back and forth on the songs that were written between the two of us, for that moment, we are back in love again."

~Stevie Nicks, BAM Magazine, August 22, 1997

So, if you're going to swear by her words in one interview, you can't ignore her words in other interviews.... by the way, buttonlip, could you post the exact quote in context? Stevie often talks about how tumultuous their relationship was, and that there were often periods of unhappiness while she was with him. I'm wondering if the quote refers to that more than a declaration that she never felt an iota of love for Lindsey.

Of course, Stevie may have completely destroyed their relationship now, but that doesn't mean it never existed.
I think a lot of people misinterpret what Stevie has said about the song Landslide and her "staying" despite her "unhappiness". It wasn't so much about love or feelings as it was about the fact that their relationship was very toxic and troubled and considering the fact that Lindsey took all their stuff and left her in Aspen once, that unhappiness wasn't one sided. And they were poor and struggling and having this difficult relationship, most people would've separated or at least moved back home. But she-- and he too-- stuck it out because of what they had together. They didn't even break up until a year after they joined Fleetwood Mac and became stable. Stevie said when they started making money she moved out and bought her own apartment and then had Lindsey move in with her a little while after.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Early on, I was hoping for a reunion of sorts, but it certainly doesn't look like it will ever happen. "Divided" is probably best for all of them at this point.

Now, moving forward, I'd love to see Lindsey get out and do some shows when he's ready - alone or with others - just for the fun of it.

Then, after the FM' tour is over, a reunion with Christine. Maybe a short acoustic tour, whatever they want, focusing on their combined solo careers. I'm thinking a largely acoustic show might be more supportive of both their voices. The acoustic version of "Friend" with Christine on vocals and Lindsey on guitar would be awesome.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Apparently button lip's "evidence" is an interview where she says something about choosing to be unhappy or whatever, but that discounts the gazillion interviews where she talks about loving him!

I took a look at inherownwords.com and found these:

"We tangle a lot, but we love each other ~ we'll always love each other. He and I will never get away from the fact that we were as one for so many years."

~Stevie Nicks, Mademoiselle, August 1982

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I embroidered stars and moons on them, I adored him, I took care of him."

~Stevie Nicks, MTV 1515, 1998

"You know, when Lindsey and I go back and forth on the songs that were written between the two of us, for that moment, we are back in love again."

~Stevie Nicks, BAM Magazine, August 22, 1997

So, if you're going to swear by her words in one interview, you can't ignore her words in other interviews.... by the way, buttonlip, could you post the exact quote in context? Stevie often talks about how tumultuous their relationship was, and that there were often periods of unhappiness while she was with him. I'm wondering if the quote refers to that more than a declaration that she never felt an iota of love for Lindsey.

Of course, Stevie may have completely destroyed their relationship now, but that doesn't mean it never existed.
Like I said, I couldn't care less how many times she said in the past she loved him. You're just proving my point with all these quotes:

"We'll always love each other" Yeah, right, because that's what you do when you love someone forever.... you make him fired....

In the Crystal Visions DVD when she's talking about Sorcerer, she said that she chose her musical connections with Lindsey over her happiness. I'm sure you can find it on YT. She also said something similar before Landslide at the Columbus show last year. Again, YT.

She could have loved him once, but she totally destroyed everthing now (and there's no "may", she did it, even his wife is saying it). And that family and friends that used to love her are now disgusted by her behavior. I don't think any of you need my "evidence" on that matter.

You don't just wake up and plot a revenge. It takes time.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Stevie and LB love story reminds me of many of the "shallow" people I know. We ALLLLL know the type. they are the super attractive couple that posts selfies on Instagram and Facebook ALL the time. They are totally incompatible, but they are together because they are gorgeous. They don't even like each other. They think they are "in love" but they don't know what real love is. They only go together because She was hot and he was hot and it was convenient to them both. Soon as they were famous it was OVER. They no longer needed each other.

Flash forward to 1997. Stevie and LB had Humbled a bit, and were "in love" again. But it was because they needed each other. Soon as The Dance tour was over, and LB got someone knocked up, they were over again. If there was ever a time for a Final Rumours 5 album it was 1998 directly after The Dance. But Stevie was "Back" and had to tour again off tail end of the Dance tour and promote herself. She was going backwards back to her Selfish-self.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Flash forward to 1997. Stevie and LB had Humbled a bit, and were "in love" again. But it was because they needed each other. Soon as The Dance tour was over, and LB got someone knocked up, they were over again. If there was ever a time for a Final Rumours 5 album it was 1998 directly after The Dance. But Stevie was "Back" and had to tour again off tail end of the Dance tour and promote herself. She was going backwards back to her Selfish-self.
I can’t blame Stevie for striking while the iron was hot. Lindsey was indecisive about how he wanted to release his songs and was probably enjoying fatherhood, while Christine had just retired. The band was in a pretty fluid spot.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She could have loved him once, but she totally destroyed everthing now (and there's no "may", she did it, even his wife is saying it). And that family and friends that used to love her are now disgusted by her behavior. I don't think any of you need my "evidence" on that matter.

You don't just wake up and plot a revenge. It takes time.
Totally agree with you, she has totally destroyed everything now and as KB has just stated SNs actions are very 'cruel'

But to debate that she 'could have loved him once' is a bit unfair.
Her love for him though was over 40 years ago, it has clearly now turned to hate.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think a lot of people misinterpret what Stevie has said about the song Landslide and her "staying" despite her "unhappiness". It wasn't so much about love or feelings as it was about the fact that their relationship was very toxic and troubled and considering the fact that Lindsey took all their stuff and left her in Aspen once, that unhappiness wasn't one sided. And they were poor and struggling and having this difficult relationship, most people would've separated or at least moved back home. But she-- and he too-- stuck it out because of what they had together. They didn't even break up until a year after they joined Fleetwood Mac and became stable. Stevie said when they started making money she moved out and bought her own apartment and then had Lindsey move in with her a little while after.
Good point.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Exactly, will she ever wake up one day and ask for forgiveness, I doubt it. But I hope she does, she needs to be accountable.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thought I'd share this, I just saw it's been making rounds online.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkmFVqHA...y=seeds_we_sow

Kristen joined in on the discussion in the comments (which was about Lindsey asking to delay the tour) to plainly state that he didn't ask for "any such delay" and that ironically the tour is now starting later than it would have. She posted another comment calling what happened the "cruelest move" she's ever seen and Lindsey didn't do anything to deserve it. Someone else confirms this and says that before any of this drama got started, Mick had told them the tour would start in August.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Kristen joined in on the discussion in the comments (which was about Lindsey asking to delay the tour) to plainly state that he didn't ask for "any such delay" and that ironically the tour is now starting later than it would have. She posted another comment calling what happened the "cruelest move" she's ever seen and Lindsey didn't do anything to deserve it. Someone else confirms this and says that before any of this drama got started, Mick had told them the tour would start in August.
Any news about his solo tour? Because like Richard, she’s confirming what we already knew.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Too bad SugarMouse isn't around to see this - an outright denial of the band's story.

How can the rest of Fleetwood Mac justify lying so shamelessly?

Old 07-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think SugarMouse got out while the gettin' was good.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

How can the rest of Fleetwood Mac justify lying so shamelessly?
I kind of figured that they would not openly admit yeah we fired Lindsey because Stevie could no longer stand the sight of him..There is still money to be made.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I kind of figured that they would not openly admit yeah we fired Lindsey because Stevie could no longer stand the sight of him..There is still money to be made.
It's not an "either/or" thing. They could have avoided openly admitting anything and at the same time avoided bald-faced lying. A generic, vague "creative differences" line would have done the trick.

Instead, they went to the trouble of inventing an elaborate lie and dedicated themselves to selling it in their interviews. They sat there with straight faces and talked about how unreasonable Lindsey's demands for a delay were, knowing full well he never made such demands. That is beyond the pale. It makes me sick.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-02-2018 at 10:53 PM..
Old 07-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I think SugarMouse got out while the gettin' was good.
I read SugarMick got banned(doesn't mean it's true).

While I don't believe in god, I know that many prayers were answered.