Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Given there'll be a big long world tour coming up (at some point), I wonder if he's going to look to relocate to LA. Also, doesn't Molly live in LA? Maybe he and Julie will want to move close to her. Not necessarily suggesting they are moving away from Hawaii- just speculating.
I can't really see any other reason to give up such a fabulous home.
A lot of people of John's age, especially after having health problems, have to relocate because their house has too many stairs.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
A lot of people of John's age, especially after having health problems, have to relocate because their house has too many stairs.
A lot of people of John's age with health problems have to relocate because their house has too many stairs.
If John didn't want to go upstairs in his place I'm sure he wouldn't have to. I think there might be plenty enough ground floor rooms to rely on. Or install a Stanna
Old 11-09-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
A lot of people of John's age with health problems have to relocate because their house has too many stairs.
If John didn't want to go upstairs in his place I'm sure he wouldn't have to. I think there might be plenty enough ground floor rooms to rely on. Or install a Stanna
Of course, but why keeping a house this big when he can easily access only half of its rooms (hypotetically speaking)? You also have to think people his age usually get stubborn about having to admit they can't do many of the things they've always done like climbing the stairs. Surely all the other circumstances like the imminent tour, wanting to be closer to family are true, but we don't have to forget that the band members must face the same problems of all the other humans of their age. If I were his daughter I would want my father to live closer to me and in a place where he can do the fewest bull**** possible.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think after his health problems he may want to settle down in the most practical place should any problem ever arise.
ageist much? the man stands on the stage playing heavy guitar for 2-3 hrs easily 4-5 nights a week for 18 months in a row but somehow he can't climb the stairs because he's 70 now?

Quote:
Given there'll be a big long world tour coming up (at some point), I wonder if he's going to look to relocate to LA. Also, doesn't Molly live in LA? Maybe he and Julie will want to move close to her. Not necessarily suggesting they are moving away from Hawaii- just speculating.
I can't really see any other reason to give up such a fabulous home.
yeah i'd think he's moving hack to LA with all those buying and selling of houses he did there lately.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One of the articles above said the McVie's sold in LA and upgraded as they spend more time there now, so this doesn't seem a surprise. Lovely home though, wonder if he moved his boat? I have heard anecdotally that Julie spends time in LA when John is on the road, which doesn't seem a surprise since Julie's from there,their daughter is there, etc.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course, but why keeping a house this big when he can easily access only half of its rooms (hypotetically speaking)? You also have to think people his age usually get stubborn about having to admit they can't do many of the things they've always done like climbing the stairs. Surely all the other circumstances like the imminent tour, wanting to be closer to family are true, but we don't have to forget that the band members must face the same problems of all the other humans of their age. If I were his daughter I would want my father to live closer to me and in a place where he can do the fewest bull**** possible.
My guess is it wouldn't make much difference. They probably only use half the rooms (or less) as it is. After all, there's only the two of them. Beautiful house, but most of it is just for show.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

maybe he's taken a page out of Lindsey's book-- his financial success in LA real estate
Old 11-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is a snippet from another article on this. It points out how he sold his Hawaii house to Mick and sold his Brentwood house for yet a bigger house in Brentwood.

McVie was previously residing full-time in Hawaii, but now he’s heading back to Los Angeles. He already upgraded his West Coast digs, with the purchase of a $6.8 million Brentwood estate in April this year. That was a few months before he*sold novelist Raymond Chandler’s former Brentwood home in July, for its asking price of $2.995 million—McVie managed to sell that house in just over two weeks, so hopefully he finds similar interest for this Hawaiian abode.
Perhaps McVie will scoop up another piece of Hawaii real estate at some point in the future. After all, he has been a fan of the islands for quite some time, as he once owned a home on Maui, which he sold to his Fleetwood Mac bandmate Mick Fleetwood around 2003

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how