The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-04-2017, 03:02 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Well, at the time people hoped it meant: "This album is what I'm doing in the meantime, whilst I am waiting to rejoin Fleetwood Mac."

It turned out to be true, beyond our wildest dreams.

Along the same lines (but not quite the same)... I always thought it meant that 'whilst the big machine is making Say You Will and doing their thing, this is what little old me is doing... in the meantime'. I never thought she was suggesting she'd one day be back though.


On another note its only just dawned on me Easy Come Easy Go is positioned next to Liar on the album. ECEG is the only co-write with Eddy on the album. This despite there being a number of unreleased Chris/Eddy songs out there that have never seen the light of day. Its almost as if it was included just so she could send a message with the next song 'Liar'.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Along the same lines (but not quite the same)... I always thought it meant that 'whilst the big machine is making Say You Will and doing their thing, this is what little old me is doing... in the meantime'. I never thought she was suggesting she'd one day be back though.


On another note its only just dawned on me Easy Come Easy Go is positioned next to Liar on the album. ECEG is the only co-write with Eddy on the album. This despite there being a number of unreleased Chris/Eddy songs out there that have never seen the light of day. Its almost as if it was included just so she could send a message with the next song 'Liar'.
Good analysis!
Didn't she say she met a guy over there and dated for a short time and many of the songs were about him.
Her romance with Eddy made her write some amazing songs.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-07-2017, 10:31 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Good analysis!
Didn't she say she met a guy over there and dated for a short time and many of the songs were about him.
Her romance with Eddy made her write some amazing songs.
She had said that, and said he was much younger.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-07-2017, 07:48 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,854
Default

someone said he was a school teacher ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-08-2017, 09:57 AM
nicepace nicepace is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
Posts: 795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
someone said he was a school teacher ?
My recollection is that someone made a brief reference to a relationship Chris had had with a teacher in an interview that appeared at the time. I don't remember where the interview appeared, and I don't remember who the person being interviewed was, but I believe it was someone involved in some way with the album.

I think there was discussion about this on the ChristineMcVie.com message board. We probably thought it was a little indiscreet of this person to have even mentioned this personal detail of Chris' private life.

Not very helpful, I realize, but it's all I can recall.
__________________
-Joanne (from Cape Cod)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-10-2017, 01:37 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
My recollection is that someone made a brief reference to a relationship Chris had had with a teacher in an interview that appeared at the time. I don't remember where the interview appeared, and I don't remember who the person being interviewed was, but I believe it was someone involved in some way with the album.

I think there was discussion about this on the ChristineMcVie.com message board. We probably thought it was a little indiscreet of this person to have even mentioned this personal detail of Chris' private life.

Not very helpful, I realize, but it's all I can recall.
Didn't like my love song, darling?
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood Fleetwood Mac- Record Album Signed by all 5 Band Members
$399.99
Fleetwood Mac- Record Album Signed by all 5 Band Members pictureFleetwood Mac hand signed autographed 8X10 photograph
$179.95
Fleetwood Mac hand signed autographed 8X10 photograph picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved