Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Rotterdam 10-15-09

What a show, Lindsey rocked, preformed as in his best years, Stevie seemed enjoying herself and Mick was just beeing himself. John is John, relaxed doing his thing. I'm possitivitly surprised.
If i remember well, the show looked a bit like the 1980's gig.

The soundmixer didn't well, it sounded bad in some harmony, too loud.
With Storms and Oh well, NGBA played i enjoyed myself, go insane perhaps out of the playlist, instead trouble and Stevie could consider Rooms of fire instead stand back.
But honestly, it was great, Mac at it's best.

Will
Old 10-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fantastic show. What a breath of fresh air, audience wise, after two snoozers. Especially Antwerp was horrible. I *thought* I had good tickets (didn't really get the seating chart) but it turned out I was up on the 1st ring, instead of on the ground floor. My gawd, I couldn't clap, or dance, or even sing along, cause the senior citizens around me were trying to "enjoy the show, dear". **** that, go see Andre Rieu.

Tonight was great though, and even the band noticed. I caught Lindsey gesturing to Mick that the whole place was "on fire" a few times. They didn't even do their usual farewell speeches, they really let us know that we were a great audience. Well done, Rotterdam.

Stevie especially seemed in a good place. Except for that one moment where she realized she forgot her tambourine back in her tent at the start of World Turning and quickly had to run to get it.

I had a moment with Lindsey during Stand Back. Long story short, we both agreed to "take" each other "home". Plus, he stood right above us during his ISA and GYOW thing. Which, you know, never bores.

When Stevie and Lindsey came out again for Silver Springs, someone threw a pink rose on stage. Lindsey went to fetch it and offered it to Stevie. She accepted it, but then proceeded to smack him with it on his shoulder, after which she tied it to her microphone and did Silver Springs.

That's all I remember right now. I filmed and photographed quite a lot, I'll see what's decent enough to post tomorrow after I get some much needed sleep. What a week this has been.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Vanessa, sounds like a great show. Two weeks now until they hit London!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Junior Ledgie

Great Great Great!

My only two decent pics..;

Old 10-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
someone threw a pink rose on stage. Lindsey went to fetch it and offered it to Stevie. She accepted it, but then proceeded to smack him with it on his shoulder
Oh, I would love to have seen that.

Michele
Old 10-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6
someone threw a pink rose on stage. Lindsey went to fetch it and offered it to Stevie. She accepted it, but then proceeded to smack him with it on his shoulder
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Me too, Michele! Hilarious!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Me too, Michele! Hilarious!
Thwack! Am I a thorn in your side?

No, I'm glad to hear they are playful.

Michele
Old 10-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thwack! Am I a thorn in your side?

No, I'm glad to hear they are playful.

Michele
Haha! Yeah, if not she would have stomped on it instead of tying it around her mic for SS. I'm a mush - what can I say? That's just sweet.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

I thought it was great too- and weird because I usually have to fly for 7 hours to see either Stevie or FM and now it was just 30 mins by car! Stevie sounded amazing and she really seemed to enjoy herself. My personal highlight was "Gold Dust Woman", but "Sara" and "Storms" come close- oh and Silver Springs sounded very inspired, more so than on the Say You Will tour.

Let's keep our fingers crossed they ake it back to Europe one day... if not, it's back on the plane!

PS I'm glad Mick's percussion vest solo is gone by the way ;-)
Old 10-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Better then Antwerp.

Wow, this was even better then Antwerp !

I was perhaps 4 rows further back, but still whitin 3 or 4 metres from the stage.

In Rotterdam they always have those barriers, so (different then Antwerp), we all were a little more back.

I arrived around half past 5 at the venue and had only a 100 people in front of me. Standing in a line, I discovered that I was not the only nutcase who was attending twice in a row.

The partyvibe was already there and the hall got the right atmosphere as soon as everybody entered. Maybe it's because at was general admission and everybody tried to get as close as possible.

The show itself rocked. Okay, it was scripted (as we discussed before overhere) but it rocked. Sound was ok (for Ahoy-circumstances) and everybody was in a good mood.

Lindsey still plays the guitar as a maniac and Stevie looked radiant again.

It was sold out (I believe) and the whole floor was dancing. Looked at the rings a couple of times and saw people sitting with a poor guy or girl standing and dancing in a calm section...

I spotted a second drummer hidden behind Mick Fleetwood, why isn't he mentioned in the thank you's ?????

When Mick introduced the band, a guy behind me was pretty sure that Lorri Nicks was Stevie's daughter...I couldn't let that go and corrected him...so there were also people who where wondering were Christine McVie (pronounced as McVai) was....

Alas I had the time of my life. No regrets that I went twice.

Personal highlights: Never Going Back Again, Big Love, So Afraid, Stand Back, Gold Dust Woman, Second Hand News..alas the complete show :-)

Last edited by SorcererJP; 10-16-2009 at 02:32 AM..
Old 10-16-2009, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, it was great. It was better than Oberhausen, which was very good too. In Rotterdam the vibe was better, there was more response from the audience and Stevie was much more " loose ". They really were funny with the "rose-slapping" and Lindsey laughed out loud after that. He also was more loose, even during his SHN-speech, when he just wanted it to end with "it is basicly a sad song but with optimism, humour, and...", somebody screamed "Rock and Roll!" He laughed out loud, looked in her direction, and responded with " yeah, Rock and Roll, also known as...aggression".

The guy just has to finish his Shtick-story with the word he is so attached to when it comes to SHN. That was funny too.

My personal faves of this show were Storms, Oh Well, Monday Morning, IKINW, ISA and Silver Springs. Oh yeah, and Big Love just burned the place down.

Last edited by shackin'up; 10-16-2009 at 02:56 AM..
Old 10-16-2009, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Strange I've seen that face before...:-)

You were just a few metres before me waiting in line at the ahoy :-)
Old 10-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Junior Ledgie

Almost sounds like we've been to a different room.....

Band was GREAT. The audience (the part where I was, halfway on the floor) was LAME. I have never witnessed a so unresponsive crowd in my life. The first part of the show it was almost embarrassing. Looked like they all woke up 2/3 into the show. But I'm sure all of you were near the stage .

Anyway, I really enjoyed the solid performance. Sorry for the mini-rant.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
My sister has the camera with all the recordings, I'll ask her later if she filmed that part, or maybe has pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
He also was more loose, even during his SHN-speech, when he just wanted it to end with "it is basicly a sad song but with optimism, humour, and...", somebody screamed "Rock and Roll!" He laughed out loud, looked in her direction, and responded with " yeah, Rock and Roll, also known as...aggression".
Gah, the woman that yelled that was standing next to me. She was the most obnoxiously loud person I've ever come across. She was already drunk when she entered the venue, and she just kept on gulping down those Heinekens. Didn't you hear her scream 'SPELEN!!' 400 times before the show started? During the show she would crouch down and secretly light a cigarette so no one would see. She kept screaming things to Stevie, who was right in front of us. About half an hour into the show she went to take a bathroom break but then never found her way back again. Hallelujah!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
Almost sounds like we've been to a different room.....

Band was GREAT. The audience (the part where I was, halfway on the floor) was LAME. I have never witnessed a so unresponsive crowd in my life. The first part of the show it was almost embarrassing. Looked like they all woke up 2/3 into the show. But I'm sure all of you were near the stage .

Anyway, I really enjoyed the solid performance. Sorry for the mini-rant.
What do you expect, there were guys that should worry 'bout pension and grandchildren. Only 2 rows before were we stood a old (i guess 60 and a bit drunk?) was snorring. We woke him several times, but fall asleep almost immediatly after.
But there also was this cute thing, 2 parents and there kids (kids were teenagers) were loud and proud, and telling everyone (mom and dad) that they met eachother during a Mac concert. I presume in 1990.

BTW, what scared me were these ridicules prices for merchandize, they do know there's a world wide crises? 70 euro ( USD 105,-) for a long sleeve sweatshirt? That's expansive.

Will

Last edited by Bumperke; 10-16-2009 at 11:16 AM..