Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
I didn't know that when I posted, because I'm still waiting for Storms and both of Mick's books to be returned the library so that I can read them!
I'm sure you'll enjoy them very much. They're great reads.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:28 PM

I believe she said if he ever does that to the band again she'll kill him....and threw a drink at him....
Old 08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

I think something happened -- otherwise Lindsey & the other members would have said "What are you talking about?" when asked about it in recent years -- but I just don't know what. But Mick's book appears to be the very first public mention of it, ten years on.
Yes, something happened, but Stevie didn't know what exactly it was in 1997 (although in the last 5 years she has added a guitar throwing incident to her recollection). Based on what Christine said of it in Rolling Stone, I got the impression that it was more like putting his jacket over his head and mocking Rhiannon, more than anything else, since she focused on the mockery and unprofessional part and not any sort of violence.

Her comment was: "I think he's the only person I ever, ever slapped. I actually might have chucked a glass of wine, too. I just didn't think it was the way to treat a paying audience. I mean, aside from making a mockery of Stevie like that. Really unprofessional, over the top. Yes, she (Stevie) cried. She cried a lot."
Old 08-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, something happened, but Stevie didn't know what exactly it was in 1997 (although in the last 5 years she has added a guitar throwing incident to her recollection). Based on what Christine said of it in Rolling Stone, I got the impression that it was more like putting his jacket over his head and mocking Rhiannon, more than anything else, since she focused on the mockery and unprofessional part and not any sort of violence.
Mick, too, focused almost exclusively on the mockery aspect (& the drinking that spurred it) when he talked about it to both Graham Nash (on A&E TV) & on the late-night Bob Costas show (both circa 1990). Does anyone have transcripts or YouTube handy? I may have those shows around somewhere on VHS.

Fans, of course, have turned what was initially described as a bender into a grand passion play or revenge fantasy out of medieval literature. But I've also noticed that they have rarely, if ever, actually cited Mick's words in the 1990 book. When Stevie said that she wasn't going to read the book -- "Why should I read it?" -- her fans took her lead. Not reading the book hasn't stopped any of them from proffering "analyses" & "interpretations."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I'm sure at the time there was plenty of drugs and alcohol involved in fueling that moment between Stevie and Lindsey. And let's be honest... the JET LAG after arriving in New Zealand is awful. Lindsey was just tired.

I sure wish we had footage of it. 30 years later I can't help but think it would be funny.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I'm sure you'll enjoy them very much. They're great reads.
I really really hope that they're going to be worth the wait!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 08-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
She chucked her wine over him for good measure too.

I'm so happy to read new comments by gldstwmn, and may I say welcome back! I've enjoyed her (your) writing for a long time, and was wondering just last night why 'golddustwoman without the vowels' wasn't around on The Ledge much anymore. Glad you're back!
Michelle, David, MacMan, gldstwmn and some others here (Luke) are wonderful writers I've never met or had a chat with outside of The Ledge, which makes me appreciate their contributions even more, somehow, than if I had.
Without new music, for me, The Ledge is the most enjoyable thing about being a Fleetwood Mac fan.
Thank You to this handful named, and to others, who keep things more interesting than they really are, usually

**end of gush
Old 08-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I'm so happy to read new comments by gldstwmn, and may I say welcome back! I've enjoyed her (your) writing for a long time, and was wondering just last night why 'golddustwoman without the vowels' wasn't around on The Ledge much anymore. Glad you're back!
Michelle, David, MacMan, gldstwmn and some others here (Luke) are wonderful writers I've never met or had a chat with outside of The Ledge, which makes me appreciate their contributions even more, somehow, than if I had.
Without new music, for me, The Ledge is the most enjoyable thing about being a Fleetwood Mac fan.
Thank You to this handful named, and to others, who keep things more interesting than they really are, usually

**end of gush
Thank you. I have been working away and haven't had much time to play on The Ledge. Also I broke my finger a couple of months ago and it was hard to type there for a bit. I do miss this place when I'm not around.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I'm sure at the time there was plenty of drugs and alcohol involved in fueling that moment between Stevie and Lindsey. And let's be honest... the JET LAG after arriving in New Zealand is awful. Lindsey was just tired.

I sure wish we had footage of it. 30 years later I can't help but think it would be funny.
When I first read it in Mick's book, his description of it was laugh out loud funny. I felt a little guilty laughing as hard as I did. But when he said Lindsey pulled his suit jacket over his head and said it was cow like I just burst. I read that part over a few times and even when I read it now it still cracks me up.