User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

All evidence supports this. In the Fleetwood Mac studio, Stevie was by accounts the little girl squirreling away in her fairy garden, with only occasional (& fruitless) attempts to command any attention.
I would say so, one of the more interesting lines I can remember is Christine saying that Stevie got her feelings hurt sometimes because while they were still working on the instrumentation, Stevie wanted to start singing and they would tell her that they were not ready for vocals yet. So, Stevie really had nothing to do.

And Stevie said that sometimes she would be in the sound studio and they would start working on a musical part together and forget about her for hours.

I always loved Stevie's joke about Lindsey working on Tusk by himself at home, because he probably didn't want to look through the glass and get distracted by her making signs and cheerleading in the background.

This has nothing to do with music, but I always thought it a representative moment when they are all in the bleachers for the Tusk video and Stevie is standing up waving and shouting and Lindsey tugs on her dress and tells her to sit down. Christine thought that was pretty funny.

Michele
Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I got the impression that he is the one that most wants to do a new album.
That's what I mean... it seems to be hinging on him wanting to do it. I don't see it happening, but stranger things have occured!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they're definitely going to try. Whether or not we ever actually get an album depends on whether the band can a way to "fix" the errors of SYW. Considering I am sure they all have a very different outlook on the album.... we'll have to see what happens.

If they start taking about it and find themselves on an even keel, we should be okay.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this time if they were going to go into the studio to record, it would be better. Stevie hasn't released a new album in eight years, so if she writes as much as she says she does, she should have a bulk of songs. Lindsey's just released two solo albums pretty much off the trot, so he probably doesn't have plans for another any time soon, which means a new Fleetwood Mac album would get his full attention.

Strike while the iron's hot, as they say. As in, beginning of next year's as good a time as any to being to record.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Supporting Ledgie

And after that they can release Buckingham Nicks in 2013 and do a solo tour together.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't want another album from them.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
BEGONE! You're not a FAAAAAAN!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Interesting. Can you explain why?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I just explained it above.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I just feel like they're finished, y'know.

I don't think they've aged well as a band. I can't say I liked all of SYW, and if that album is an indication of the direction that they plan to go in if they record again, I'm not interested. I can't possibly imagine what else they could do, album-wise.

And, honestly, I don't enjoy listening to current Stevie that much. If it wasn't for her between-song chatter I would have had a hard time getting through Soundstage. Especially with Lindsey being as production-happy as he is when it comes to layering vocals and messing with pitch, I would hate for a sound like that to carry over to Stevie's songs. I could see them doing something like that in order to make her sound better.

Does this make any sense? I have to go to bed.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't think they've aged well as a band. I can't say I liked all of SYW, and if that album is an indication of the direction that they plan to go in if they record again, I'm not interested. I can't possibly imagine what else they could do, album-wise.

And, honestly, I don't enjoy listening to current Stevie that much. If it wasn't for her between-song chatter I would have had a hard time getting through Soundstage. Especially with Lindsey being as production-happy as he is when it comes to layering vocals and messing with pitch, I would hate for a sound like that to carry over to Stevie's songs. I could see them doing something like that in order to make her sound better.

That totally makes sense. Lindsey hoped (is hoping?) to take the band in an entirely different direction than before and I think it was a shock for people who don't really listen to his solo work. And Stevie's voice has definitely changed-- hell, they've all changed. So yes, to answer your question-- your argument makes a lot of sense.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand how in the time frame between "The Dance" and "Trouble in Shangri-La" Stevie's voice changed so much. It got so much more nasally, whereas her voice had been pretty much the same since 1989 before then.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Supporting Ledgie

It does make sense. I would like to see the band do something risky again... ala "Tusk"... and I don't mean a double album. I just mean in terms of their sound.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

You make perfect sense, and I think you're perfectly correct unfortunately. I think I just get so caught up on the idealistic idea that since Stevie and Lindsey's most current solo albums are the best of their respective careers, that they should be able to channel that into one hellacious Mac album. Unfortunately that's flawed logic. It's kind of like saying: I like steak. I like ice cream. So if I put ice cream on top of my steak that would be really super great!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post
I don't understand how in the time frame between "The Dance" and "Trouble in Shangri-La" Stevie's voice changed so much. It got so much more nasally, whereas her voice had been pretty much the same since 1989 before then.
It didn't change that much. The Dance after all was "supposedly" overdubbed in the studio.

As far as the nasal-y thing goes, she may be making an effort to sing differently. Also on "The Dance"...they had 3 or 4 nights to film it and really give it their all. I don't think she was holding back the pipes in that sense. From what I've seen and heard of "The Dance" TOUR...Stevie, to me, didn't sound nearly as good as she did on the The Dance CD/DVD.