Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
When Stevie was singing Goodbye Baby at the keybord with Lindsey, there was a picture of Waddy on the wall next to her. I was trying to get a closer look but her mic was in the way.
Yeah, I caught that pic of Waddy, too.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy The Doc!!!

Rather boring...but we girls did...ahhh
notice Lindsey arranging "things"...darn
near fell off my seat! He looked very very
handsome but very thin! Not much new!!!
Why DIDN'T they show the concert! Sky
Old 03-14-2004, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The "People may age aren't laying on the floor smoking dope" line was lol funny!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
Did you see John's face when Silver Girl was played for the first time? No one liked it, though. I couldn't believe it, there was dead silence when Silver Girl came on and everyone had these blank stares!
Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Lindsey rolled his eyes very secretly. You're right, they seemed to think it was a real dog.
Not surprisingly, I had a completely different take on that, as I was actually impressed that they looked like they all quite liked it.
John was smiling... Lindsey was nodding his head along with the music.

Didn't look like disdain to me.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Has anyone else heard that RTTG demo that she played for them before?
Uhm... how did I miss that part?

Are we talking about her first day at the Bellagio House?
She played "Destiny Rules" (we hear the opening, before the vocals would kick in), "Say You Will," and "Silver Girl."

Throughout the rest of the doc, the only additional Stevie songs we hear being recorded/worked out are "Thrown Down," "Illume" and "Goodbye Baby."
Then we also get to hear some of "Everybody Finds Out" at Chris Lord-Alge's studio, and as they're rehearsing it.

But I didn't catch "Running Through The Garden" anywhere.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My fav parts were just seeing Stevie's dogs running around everywhere -- especially when there were in the other studios (mixing and rehearsing) ... those lil' doggies just running around being friendly. It was really too cute. That-- and the fish too.

I loved the album cover shoot too. I had always wondered if they actually photogrphaed them individually, together, and if the whole cardboard background was actaully added in photoshop. It's nice to see that the cover photos are pretty much as-is. It was neat to see them pulling out Stevie's hair -- to make it long and full while she was lying down. That -- and seeing Lindsey in his leather pants!!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:56 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Good

Quote:
Besides, the whole arguemnt of a double album not being successful is really bull**** these days. It's not the late-seventies where a double album was double the price. It's the new millenium and a double album is the same as a single disc.
Well, we do have to keep in mind that most of the things that pass as "double albums" these days, are really just one 12-13 track album, with a bonus disc tacked on to it.
So they usually keep the cost down.

One that can be considered a "true" double ("true" in that the second disc doesnt merely contain alternate mixes, live tracks or video-clips), is Outkast's 'Speakerboxxx/The Love Below,' and the list price on that is $21.98... and a great chunk of the material included, can be considered filler (interludes, etc).

Ironically, Lindsey didn't want to release an album with only 12 songs it, yet just about every critic who reviewed 'Say You Will,' felt that it would have been stronger pared down to 12 tracks.
Many fans felt the same way.

Personally, I can never get enough new material, so 18 tracks was just great for me, and 23 would have been even better. But I also realize that not everyone is as willing to spend all their hard-earned money on Fleetwood Mac CDs, as I am.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Get something to drink, this is gonna be long...LOL

Lindsey's a TALKER. DANG!! LOL They all came across as REAL people, like everyone's been saying.

The giant fight about the mixing...WOW!! That was tense!!

The sped-up parts with the sun rising and setting...BOOOORING!! WTH?! Come on, VH1, use your time WISELY.

WTH song was playing RIGHT after Stevie got there and they were playing her demos? Anyone know? Was that part of Thrown Down???

I would KILL to see that 1996 era video of LB and Mick in the studio doing the GOS songs!!!!!!!!

John cracked me up throughout the show. After snapping at Mick, he's all..."That's all." LMAO!! And the "You should run for Senate..." BWAH!!

Good LAWD, Lindsey is gorgeous...he is mesmerizing throughout the show. He is a "REAL" gorgeous, you know what I mean.

LB chewing gum and putting his fingers in his mouth. He must have an oral fixation. I do also. LOL

Hearing his version of PK on TV was very cool...them jamming out to that.

BTW, Dave Attell's Insomniac was on during the second showing and OMG, it's the one with Connie, the Groupie. EWWWW!!! LOL

I enjoyed hearing LB's bgv's....especially the la-la's on SYW!! LOL

Also, when LB's voice would get really high pitched, that cracked me up!!

Kristen didn't come off as a snob...heck, she's only onscreen for 30 seconds or something. How so?

Stevie? Delinquent children? LMAO!! Okay. I could have sworn I read that like, 25-45 year olds bought music these days.

Her going "We want all of Lindsey's dreams to come true..."...she sounded sarcastic. LOL

OMG, she SO could do Illume....acoustically!!! COME ON STEVIE!!

Tusk was a double album in a day when that was absurd...WHY are they so hard up for a single album today????

LB is a total California hippie. LMAO!! (i.e. "totally psyched" and "that's where it's at")

Stevie putting batteries and the fish and laughing at it...LMAO!!

Stevie looks AMAZING, her skin!!

That tick-tock sound during GB...freaked me out. LOL She sounded great and I loved her ad lib..."one day...one day..." Also, the subtle change of "I was with you all the time...."

Ray always looks angry, but I know that Seteca has met and talked to him and he says he is a VERY nice man. He just LOOKS mean. LOL

Stevie's WTWCT bgv's.... LOL

Monday Morning was on the setlist board!! Also, them practicing EFO...WOO FREAKING HOO!!!!! DO IT!!!

Notice, they changed the beginning look of the backstory on the second showing. That was weird.

Lindsey saying during Come, he should pretend to sing!! LMAO!!!

Lindsey sounded GREAT during World Turning!!

They all seemed very nervous before the Columbus show.

Lindsey going, "I'm peeing." LMAO!!!

Terrific show!!! Seemed shorter with commercials, tho. Glad I taped the non-commercial one.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite part was definitely Stevie singing Goodbye Baby along with Lindsey playing guitar. It was just beautiful. And Stevie looked amazing. I kept looking for wrinkles on her skin and couldn't find any.

I also liked watching her dogs run around. They are so cute.

I loved hearing Stevie sing but I thought Lindsey didn't sound that great.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The two of them REALLY need to stand up when they sing.
No Kidding. Most of those takes turned out to be scratch vocals, but OMG, you have to stand up to sing properly. I kept wondering if Homegirl's hip and feet were hurting bad enough so that she didn't want to stand up.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also loved hearing them sing I Am Waiting. I hope that makes the next album.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
Hey, I am watching it again. When they are at AHI in 2001 doing Landslide does Lindsey say "I love you" to Stevie at the end? It looks like that to me.
It looks like he says "beautiful" to me.

Overall I enjoyed the doc, but can think of a few ways it was lacking, too. But there's only so much you can aqueeze into an hour and a half. I could have done without so many shots of the house, & the time-elapsed footage of the room. It might have been cool to see them discussing which songs to leave off & why, or Sheryl coming in, or another minute from the cover photoshoot with a line from the photographer about his concept. Or a preface to how Stevie decided the girls should sing the fade on SYW, etc.

Other than that, it was very cool! I *loved* the bit of Stevie singing Goodbye Baby, the little mixing spat, and seeing the heart with which Lindsey defended his desire to have it be a double album. Now, to see the other 498 & 1/2 hours .

(and they actually did rehearse, or at least give some thought to playing EFO!! that SO needs to be in the setlist!)

Last edited by EnchantedSLN; 03-15-2004 at 02:21 AM..
Old 03-15-2004, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: FOLKS!!!???

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
LMAO!! Did anyone notice Lindsey's circa 1982 Mirage video "adjustment" during the photo shoot?? I just about died. Go watch it again, he's wearing the leather pants, laying on the floor and he adjusts...it's the funniest thing. BWAH!!

I am about to go watch it again, it's on in 3 minutes....I wanna LISTEN to stuff I missed the first time around. I'll be back with more thoughts later.
I'm going to go rewind the tape now and watch this again.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Get something to drink, this is gonna be long...LOL

Quote:
WTH song was playing RIGHT after Stevie got there and they were playing her demos? Anyone know? Was that part of Thrown Down???
That was the intro to "Destiny Rules," that we heard first. But that's all we get to hear of it before they cut to "Say You Will," and then "Silver Girl."
Quote:
Her going "We want all of Lindsey's dreams to come true..."...she sounded sarcastic. LOL
See, I didn't think she sounded the least bit sarcastic. Rather, she sounded absolutely sincere and concerned for his happiness.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

True, most all the 10-27 year olds burn music these days and would not buy this album...

In fact, when my grandmother, who is in her 50's, goes to a record store she buys dozens of cds!

We were frail...
Save us...