User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Bull****. In fact, bull**** to this whole interview. I still find it hard to accept that the man she calls the love of her life called her a "road f*ck." Granted, he was drunk but come on. It's time for Mama to get a new schtick. The reason she isn't with Lindsey today is because she kept telling him no. "You could easily wake up with a stranger, it's not something that you planned. One night in a world of pain and you finally understand. Not all the king's horses, not all the kings men could put it back together."
There must be literally thousands of great stories she could tell but instead she decides to stick with the same old crap. And give me a break about hating Say You Will. I think she's still pissed that Sheryl Crow couldn't/wouldn't join the band.
The only illuminating thing about this whole interview is that Babs Nicks doesn't think she's found the love of her life yet.
And for god's sake, will John grant one interview for this tour. Mick can even be there with him. I just want to hear something different that I never knew about this band for once.
ROFLOL!!!!!

There ya go - call her on the carpet!!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul View Post
I've always thought that the problem for this couple has been that Lindsey loves and mourns the loss of the girl Stevie once was. And Stevie loves and mourns the loss of the man Lindsey became.
The only time the girl and man really found each other, I believe, was during the Dance period. This was when Lindsey said he was once again seeing the girl he had loved and Stevie waxed lyrical about how soft Lindsey had become. She described him then as her first love, 'my love for all time.'
Their interaction and delight in finding each other again during this time was, I think, genuine and moving to see.

It didn't last because with the advent of Will and later the girls, Stevie could no longer be number one in Lindsey's life as she likes to be and this, I think, pi$$es her off no end.
And I believe, for the first time Lindsey genuinely moved on from Stevie to the point where she is now in his past and any regrets he still has are about the past.

Nah...after all, Mama got to sing in Paris...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
They (SN/LB) keep their distance because for like 30 years they haven't been able to be in the same room, I thought? Weren't they in separate taxi's in the Tusk or Mirage era?

I just think they're two fiery people who are too independent to spend quality time with each other.

- Spike
And yet, they end up sitting on the bed together....go figure!

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-19-2009 at 08:43 PM..
Old 10-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Do you really think Lindsey was that obsessed with her? I always found this pairing rather bizarre- Lindsey being the grounded, straight, self-conscious introvert who belabors every detail, whereas Stevie is the oblivious ex-drug-addled extrovert who lives in a parallel, pastel-hued universe. There has been much speculation about what really went down between them during The Dance, but I just find it hard to believe that he would be pining after Stevie's then-50-year-old hey-nanu-nanu when he had a hot young wife, as well as limitless potential road options. I just think that so much weirdness has passed between S and L over the years that he is quite over her drama. I'm not saying Mama is completely koo-koo for Cocoa Puffs, but there is a reason why doctors were trying to put her on antidepressants after her Klonopin detox! There is a theory about some drug addicts- that they are merely self-medicating due to an undiagnosed or mistreated underlying mental/physical condition. I do believe in my heart of hearts that Stevie is among the walking wounded, and Lindsey realizes this and keeps his distance accordingly. And it helps to explain why Stevie would give interviews like this...
I don't think Lindsey wants her now. And there was something going on during the Dance era. Remember the Rolling Stone quote from Lindsey when he says there's nothing going on between them...yet. And then she basically loses her **** over that statement. No, their love affair was never over IMO until William came along. Then the fate was sealed. They weren't going to cross that line. So I think that yes, she is a wee bit bitter because deep in her heart I think she did feel that eventually they would be together again. Yes they are opposites but opposites attract. And I don't really consider myself a shipper but the more she gives these interviews the more transparent it becomes. Yes she's going to Europe on a fabulous tour and staying in all the best hotels. Her journey will be first class all the way. But that don't keep you warm at night. As far as her being among the walking wounded I agree in that she seems to be unable to form a lasting commitment romantically and the rock and roll is a convenient reason. Yes, she does have many close male friends, Mick, Don Henley, Tom Petty but they are all emotionally unavailable to her in a romantic way.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I don't think Lindsey wants her now.
I don't think he has ever wanted her, since their breaking apart in the '70s, as anything more than what Joe Walsh called her on that radio program.

Quote:
And there was something going on during the Dance era.
Yeah, Chris, a tour.

Quote:
And I don't really consider myself a shipper but the more she gives these interviews the more transparent it becomes.
I think she's a typical loner, feeling sodden in her cups as old age approacheth.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I don't think he has ever wanted her, since their breaking apart in the '70s, as anything more than what Joe Walsh called her on that radio program.
Yeah, I guess it's easier to hook up with someone you already know than to have a one off with some groupie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think she's a typical loner, feeling sodden in her cups as old age approacheth.
Agreed.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul View Post
I've always thought that the problem for this couple has been that Lindsey loves and mourns the loss of the girl Stevie once was. And Stevie loves and mourns the loss of the man Lindsey became.
The only time the girl and man really found each other, I believe, was during the Dance period. This was when Lindsey said he was once again seeing the girl he had loved and Stevie waxed lyrical about how soft Lindsey had become. She described him then as her first love, 'my love for all time.'
Their interaction and delight in finding each other again during this time was, I think, genuine and moving to see.

It didn't last because with the advent of Will and later the girls, Stevie could no longer be number one in Lindsey's life as she likes to be and this, I think, pi$$es her off no end.
And I believe, for the first time Lindsey genuinely moved on from Stevie to the point where she is now in his past and any regrets he still has are about the past.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 10-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Figured I'd dig up some of my favorite contradictory Stevie quotes..

I know the following quotes have been referenced throughout this thread (I tried my best to confirm these were not already posted but I'm at work...) Anyways, they are some of my favorite Stevie contradictory quotes...or a result of a reporters creative writing/editing? Spent way to much time digging these up not to post!

Maybe when Lindsey and I are 60 years old, we'll look around and say, 'You know what, there just isn't anybody better around. Maybe we'll just get married or something.' But, Lindsey and I are becoming really good friends again. …It's really nice. I don't think we were all that good of friends before.
~Stevie Nicks, New York Post, July 22, 1997

On the possibility of resuming a romantic relationship with Buckingham] Over my dead body. See, I don't want to be part of that darkness. He knows that. When we're up there singing songs to each other, we probably say more to each other than we ever would in real life. If you offered me a passionate love affair and you offered me a high-priestess role in a fabulous castle above a cliff where I can just, like, live a very spiritual kind of religious-library-communing-with-the-stars, learning of existence, I'm going to go for the high priestess.
~Stevie Nicks, Rolling Stone, September 22, 1997

You know, I was thinking about it a couple of days ago, Lindsey is probably the man who loved me the most in my life. So when I die I will remember that: that of all the men in my life Lindsey, absolutely, bar none, was the man who loved me the most. Who was the love of your life?
Joe Walsh. I fell in love with Joe in kind of the same way that Lindsey fell in love with me. Joe and I only went out, off and on, for about two years. When Joe and I broke up I was very devastated for a long, long time. ~Stevie Nicks, Q Magazine, May 1, 2008

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
I know the following quotes have been referenced throughout this thread (I tried my best to confirm these were not already posted but I'm at work...) Anyways, they are some of my favorite Stevie contradictory quotes...or a result of a reporters creative writing/editing? Spent way to much time digging these up not to post!

Maybe when Lindsey and I are 60 years old, we'll look around and say, 'You know what, there just isn't anybody better around. Maybe we'll just get married or something.' But, Lindsey and I are becoming really good friends again. …It's really nice. I don't think we were all that good of friends before.
~Stevie Nicks, New York Post, July 22, 1997

On the possibility of resuming a romantic relationship with Buckingham] Over my dead body. See, I don't want to be part of that darkness. He knows that. When we're up there singing songs to each other, we probably say more to each other than we ever would in real life. If you offered me a passionate love affair and you offered me a high-priestess role in a fabulous castle above a cliff where I can just, like, live a very spiritual kind of religious-library-communing-with-the-stars, learning of existence, I'm going to go for the high priestess.
~Stevie Nicks, Rolling Stone, September 22, 1997

You know, I was thinking about it a couple of days ago, Lindsey is probably the man who loved me the most in my life. So when I die I will remember that: that of all the men in my life Lindsey, absolutely, bar none, was the man who loved me the most. Who was the love of your life?
Joe Walsh. I fell in love with Joe in kind of the same way that Lindsey fell in love with me. Joe and I only went out, off and on, for about two years. When Joe and I broke up I was very devastated for a long, long time. ~Stevie Nicks, Q Magazine, May 1, 2008
LOL, that one was soo funny!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC
I have to disagree vehemently! I happen to think John Shanks, based on his work on TISL, was by far Stevie's best producer.

I totally agree that Shanks is the producer who stands out as making Stevie's songs sound their best, in ages. It seems to me Sheryl Crow, on TISL, as a producer, would not, as a fan and friend, suggest that Stevie needed do more than she did, vocally. Yet, I thought Sheryl did a really good job on 'If You Ever Did Believe'- as for the PM 'Crystal', I love the fade on it- the rest of the song, not as much. By the time Sheryl was producing the tracks she did for TISL, I think she was unwilling to say 'You could do better'-- Shanks' work on it is great.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-20-2009 at 09:03 PM..
Old 10-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Yet, I thought Sheryl did a really good job on 'If You Ever Did Believe'- as for the PM 'Crystal', I love the fade on it- the rest of the song, not as much.
That track of Crystal is the only classic track Stevie Nicks has had since Silver Springs on The Dance. Whether to attribute the praise to Crow or to the musicians themselves, I can't say; but it's a classic track.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-21-2009, 02:48 AM
Registered

For anyone who hasn't checked out a newer thread, near the top of the first page of The Rumours forum, "October 19, Berlin- Any Czech fan goes there"-- I recommend it, a lot. The comments by the Euro fans are interesting and it's quite a charming thread with good photographs.
For a couple of 'spoilers'- there's info that Mick's pants were unzipped at that Berlin concert, and one enthusiastic attendee of the concert described Lindsey's guitar solos as "hilarious" and meant it in the best way. Now, "Lindsey" and "hilarious" are not 2 words that are usually used together, and I found it a nice change to read the comments of Fleetwood Mac fans who may be a little less 'experienced' and just love the band. There's also info about 'Storms' that I wasn't aware of, though maybe others of you are.
I think it might be nice for some more people to check the thread out, international relations and all Thanks.